RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Snoozebox - British GP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Snoozebox - British GP

Anyone used a snoozebox for the british grand prix or anywhere else for that matter?
Usually hire a motorhome but thought i might give a snoozebox a go this year, they look quite small but I will only sleep in it as will be out on the circuit all day.

Any feedback appreciated. Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #384408 Fri May 31 2013 11:30am
F150PICKUP

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver
Re: Snoozebox - British GP

Unnecessary quote removed

Hi

Have not used them but i work at the circuit and most feed back is they are OK small but do the job. They are in a very good position located on Hanger straight so get out of bed and have breakfast looking over the track

Post #384409 Fri May 31 2013 11:38am
chilly

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

just had to google them, there basically a luxury version of what i used t live in at work , if the price is cheaper than the motor home then id say go for it, only thing is with motor home you have he abiity to cook and make a cuppa ect obv you could just take a kettle and some makings with you and go pub for food and lighter refreshments only the dead truely know peace,
Bootneck its not a job its a way of life!

Post #384410 Fri May 31 2013 11:39am
JC1

Chilly - yep just a glorified shipping container Thumbs Up

F150 - hanger straight, that's handy as my seats are in club corner this year, are the snooze boxes situated on the outside of the track or the inside do you know?

Does anyone know what the evening entertainments like in snoozebox area?? MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #384449 Fri May 31 2013 11:15pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Slight hijack - Does anyone have any suggestions for parking as I'm taking my 5 year old and he's not going to want to trek miles..... Also, I only live 25 mins away but wondered how bad the traffic really is on the day so that we give ourselves plenty of time.

JC1 - I'll keep an eye out for you. Only got general admission tickets so will be jostling with the masses!

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #384454 Sat Jun 01 2013 7:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
F150PICKUP

Hi

In the inside of the track just down from the BRDC camp site. Some of the F1 drivers have their motorhomes park up there Entrainment you are near the main music stage but this stops at 8.00pm and of course the fair ground and beer tent about 5min walk away. Long walk to Club grandstands but not bad location I favour Becketts as you get them twice

Post #384455 Sat Jun 01 2013 7:50am
F150PICKUP

If i was you i will use the Pak and Ride system. Look on Silverstone site is gives you all the options I live near Northampton but still stay on site as Traffic can get bad if its wet as car parks are 75% Grass

Post #384460 Sat Jun 01 2013 9:50am
JC1

F150PICKUP wrote:
Hi

In the inside of the track just down from the BRDC camp site. Some of the F1 drivers have their motorhomes park up there Entrainment you are near the main music stage but this stops at 8.00pm and of course the fair ground and beer tent about 5min walk away. Long walk to Club grandstands but not bad location I favour Becketts as you get them twice

Thank you for the info F150, I was at Becketts two years ago, it was a good spot, but going to give club a go this time. MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #384558 Mon Jun 03 2013 1:02pm
JC1

James @ Hadley Green LR wrote:
Slight hijack - Does anyone have any suggestions for parking as I'm taking my 5 year old and he's not going to want to trek miles..... Also, I only live 25 mins away but wondered how bad the traffic really is on the day so that we give ourselves plenty of time.

JC1 - I'll keep an eye out for you. Only got general admission tickets so will be jostling with the masses!

James Thumbs Up

Yep I will keep an eye out for you James, im general admission too. MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #384559 Mon Jun 03 2013 1:04pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

James Thumbs Up

James the traffic is a nightmare getting into Silverstone Whistle So not sure what to suggest really other than dig deep into your pockets Laughing Park up and get the helicopter in, as many others do. Park & fly Thumbs Up

Post #384562 Mon Jun 03 2013 3:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

^^^ Laughing .....I must admit it's like a scene from Vietnam with the amount of 'choppers' taking off and landing there. I think I read somewhere that in the run up to the race, in the 4 hours before, Silverstone has the busiest airspace in the world Shocked ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #384563 Mon Jun 03 2013 3:29pm
F150PICKUP

It is not so manic with Helicoptor flights in the lasy few years. The best days when they had fix wing and helicoptors at the same time coming in

Post #384588 Mon Jun 03 2013 8:31pm
JC1

Ady 555 wrote:

James Thumbs Up

James the traffic is a nightmare getting into Silverstone Whistle So not sure what to suggest really other than dig deep into your pockets Laughing Park up and get the helicopter in, as many others do. Park & fly Thumbs Up

I'm surprised he hasn't got his own helicopter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #384591 Mon Jun 03 2013 8:57pm
JC1

F150PICKUP wrote:
Hi

Hi F150 - Is there more than one snoozebox area? I have my tickets and it directs me to Vale corner, gate west 10, which is next to club corner. Its also marked there on the silverstone circuit map. MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #387075 Wed Jun 26 2013 2:09pm
TREV500

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Have been lurking for a while, sorry!

Any one had a real experience of snoozebox, just booked for f1 silverstone this year, have normally stayed in a guest hose but there shut this year. What's the noise, room like etc

Thanks

Tobe Citroen C6
Dodge Ram Dually Cummins
Audi RS6
RRS Supercharged
TVR Griffith 500
TVR T350C
Random stuff
BMW 740 Loaded. Gone n missed
Nissan 300zx TT man Brit Spec. Gone

Post #411928 Thu Jan 30 2014 11:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top