RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Wheels

So I opted for Style 24 Wheels on a Santorini Black HSE, yesterday I changed to Style 6 22" and today I'm thinking they are too plain but without seeing Style 24 in the flesh it's a tough decision.

Style 6 = £2000
Style 24 = £3120 + Tyres & Fitting (circa 4k).

Dealer has advised I can choose between 23 & 24 a week before delivery (they will order them in) but if I subsequently went for Style 6 as an after fit he thinks they will be circa £4k with tyres (rather than 2k from factory).

The money isn't the main concern - the right wheel is (of course I don't want to end up paying 4k for a 2k wheel though Smile...

Yes I have the off road pack and before I'm slated I like 22" wheels...

So anyone having a similar dilemma? 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #382998 Tue May 14 2013 9:57am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

No not at all, because i'm not considering changing my motor. But with wheels costing so much, for me it would spoil the enjoyment of driving and parking it, although i am very careful anyway, but 4k for a set of wheels Shocked That would take the shine off me owning a new sport. As you say, the money isn't a concern, but to me, common sense is. Wink Good luck making your choice. Thumbs Up

Post #383000 Tue May 14 2013 10:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leondrums

Common sense tells me to buy a car with wheels that make me feel all warm and fuzzy Laughing

The car is not a financial investment but an emotional one, if I couldn't I wouldn't but I can - so there's the dilemma above.

I haven't kerbed a wheel in about 7 years and it's not the end of the world if I do - they can be repaired. 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Post #383002 Tue May 14 2013 10:45am
Jonny Fresh

England 

Get whatever the car comes with then get to Overfinch!

Post #383005 Tue May 14 2013 10:53am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I think I might be keeping mine the longest I have ever kept a Lr - in fact the longest I have ever kept a car Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #383013 Tue May 14 2013 11:35am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

£4k for wheels? F Censored k! The last set of alloys I bought cost me £450... Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #383101 Tue May 14 2013 11:17pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

If I were in your shoes I would buy exactly what you wanted and go for the most expensive option that you can. You only live once, so you shouldn't let the cost of any Land Rover option put you off buying it.

All Land Rover Products are superbly built and their Quality Control and Customer Service Dept are the best in the automotive industry. So rest assured that should your £75,000 to £90,000 car ever develop a fault, no matter how small, the Land Rover team will immediately swing into action and remedy the problem within a couple of hours.

The new RRS is a fantastic vehicle that is very well equipped. I can see that it will be one of the only vehicles ever built that will increase in value year on year.......

Jim Wink

Post #383114 Wed May 15 2013 9:21am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Shocked

Oh - You forgot ......... Whistle

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #383116 Wed May 15 2013 9:30am
leondrums

Thanks for being constructive Whistle 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

HSE Dynamic 2014:

Post #383127 Wed May 15 2013 10:43am
Boxsterfeet

I live out in the country and up high in the Pennines, so pot holes are a real problem and I've lost 2 wheels so far from them, and repaired another 4 (across 8 wheels - summer & winter).

I've ordered an HSE and don't really want to spec up the wheels when they'll just need to be repaired. I was looking at the Style 6 ones, but 22" wheels was on the edge of what I would dare go with. Then at the preview at MediaCityUK I saw the autobiography with Style 16, 21" and looking great! However, for some reason these can't even be optioned on an HSE. I don't want to buy a full set of them in addition to the standard wheels, as I'll probably want a second set for winter tyres. The LR representative at the preview said my dealer may be able to sort something out for me.

Here's hoping!

Post #383430 Sat May 18 2013 12:44pm
leondrums

I went for style 6 in the end.

How was the preview? I'm due to see the car on 29th May which I'm very excited about.

LR sent me some tickets to Windsor but couldn't make it in the end.. 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

HSE Dynamic 2014:

Post #383434 Sat May 18 2013 12:58pm
Boxsterfeet

Preview was good. It's definitely an impressive car. Rear seats are a bit tight with third row, but fine or children which is why we want ours.

Post #383440 Sat May 18 2013 2:29pm
Overfinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Jonny Fresh wrote:
Get whatever the car comes with then get to Overfinch!

We have a stunning directional style wheel coming out for the all-new Sport in October, watch this space! Smile

Jordan

Post #390557 Wed Jul 31 2013 8:49pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Jordan, i'm waiting to see how you improve the rear end of the new sport. Thumbs Up It won't be too difficult for you guys. Wink I think L/R forgot about the rear end when they were designing the new sport, its the worst angle of any of the L/R products. Whistle

Post #390559 Wed Jul 31 2013 8:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Overfinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Ady 555 wrote:
Jordan, i'm waiting to see how you improve the rear end of the new sport. Thumbs Up It won't be too difficult for you guys. Wink I think L/R forgot about the rear end when they were designing the new sport, its the worst angle of any of the L/R products. Whistle

Couldn't agree more. They've done such a great job of the car, the front end looks nice, the interior options are stunning and then they seemed to have rushed the back end one friday night.

We have initial sketches of our body styling package for the Sport which look great, the rear end (much like our L405 bodykit) is greatly improved with some tidy looking exhaust outlets and revised entry levels.

The brand new 'Xenon' wheel designed specifically for the L494 New Sport will be launched in October, expect to see the body styling Spring / Summer 2014.

Have you got your name down for a new model yet Ady?

Post #390562 Wed Jul 31 2013 9:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>