RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Wheel Bearings
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

eddiek62

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Wheel Bearings

Just had the car serviced and was told that the front Wheel Bearings were worn and would need replaced. I've had wheel bearings go on other cars and it was obvious as there was an almighty whine coming from the wheels. I drove about 10 miles yesterday with the windows down and cannot hear a thing. The steering and suspension both feel totally normal. Is there a sensor or some such that tells when these need replacing?

Post #381269 Tue Apr 23 2013 3:31pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

No sensors, but if you jack the car up you will find if the bearing is knackered then you will be able to feel play in the wheel by moving it side to side. Thumbs Up I tend to find if i drive with the windows down i can't hear a bloody thing either other than the wind howling. Wink A tip for you though, when driving with your front windows down just drop your rear windows a couple of inch and it will stop you getting your hair blown around. If you have only got your drivers side front window down, then only drop your drivers side rear window down, your passanger will get blown around Laughing but not the driver. Thumbs Up likewise with the passanger side front window Thumbs Up

Post #381272 Tue Apr 23 2013 3:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eddiek62

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Well, where do I start. The bearings have been changed and what a difference. I thought my car was pretty quiet. It's now proper silent. What I thought was sidewinds making the steering feel a wee bit vague was most definitely the bearings. The car feels like it's on rails. I'm properly impressed that £400 of 'repairs' could make such a phenomenal difference.

Post #382738 Fri May 10 2013 10:15pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

eddiek62 wrote:
Well, where do I start.

Well you could of started by saying... "thank you for your advice Ady, you were correct" Wink

Post #382739 Fri May 10 2013 10:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1