Home > General > Advice please?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 
Advice please?

Hello all,

I need your advice/suggestions ref the following:

1) My auto gear box surround console (pic attached as to what I mean exactly) has got scratches here and there. I would like to replace this. Is this possible, and likely costs please?

2) How does one get the Sat Nav to give audible directions(voice guidance) continually. The Sat Nav on my RRS (year 2006) doe not give audible directions. Only speaks once when I press the voice guidance icon on the screen, and then goes back silent. I have checked the manual and followed the directions and have the 'audible feed back on' selected (don't know whether this is relevant or makes any difference, but that's the only setting I can find that has anything to do with audio).

3) As per the manual, to access the Sat Nav DVD, it states "It is necessary to raise the left-hand seat to its highest setting and then power the seat forward to its foremost position, before accessing the navigation DVD unit".
I have done this, however, the front of the DVD unit (where the slot and controls are) is actually facing forward (i.e. towards the front passenger seat footwell. so can't access it from the rear seat, and can't access it from the front seat either). Am I doing this correctly?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[/img]

Post #380536 Tue Apr 16 2013 11:50am
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

1) - Make sure you have your VIN to hand and give site sponsor Duckworth Parts a call.

2) - Don't think you will find detailed instructions in the manual but mine was the same until I delved into the 'User Settings' - the one you need to change is 'Voice Guidance' which can be toggled on or off. However you will eventually get fed up with the shouting plummy-voiced woman giving you the wrong directions and turn her off again.

3. - You are doing the right thing to access the DVD but just need to stand outside the car and look under the front of the seat with a torch. Need the key in and at position I. It is possible to reach over the top of the tin plate, slide the DVD switch to unlock and then press the eject button. If you are upgrading be prepared for a disappointment; the latest disc isn't up to date with all the new roads either. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #380565 Tue Apr 16 2013 2:41pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Paddi wrote:
1) - Make sure you have your VIN to hand and give site sponsor Duckworth Parts a call.

2) - Don't think you will find detailed instructions in the manual but mine was the same until I delved into the 'User Settings' - the one you need to change is 'Voice Guidance' which can be toggled on or off. However you will eventually get fed up with the shouting plummy-voiced woman giving you the wrong directions and turn her off again.

3. - You are doing the right thing to access the DVD but just need to stand outside the car and look under the front of the seat with a torch. Need the key in and at position I. It is possible to reach over the top of the tin plate, slide the DVD switch to unlock and then press the eject button. If you are upgrading be prepared for a disappointment; the latest disc isn't up to date with all the new roads either.

Hi Paddi,

Many thanks for your response. I have gone into the 'User Settings' (Navigation Set Up > User Settings) but can't find 'Voice Guidance'.

Post #380569 Tue Apr 16 2013 3:25pm
Paddi

Hi Rab,
OK checked carefully this time. You need to be at the 'Navigation Menu'. In the bottom right of this screen there are two icons with Nav)) in them but one has a cross through it. Press the one without the cross and voila - shouty woman is back 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #380571 Tue Apr 16 2013 3:49pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Paddi wrote:
Hi Rab,
OK checked carefully this time. You need to be at the 'Navigation Menu'. In the bottom right of this screen there are two icons with Nav)) in them but one has a cross through it. Press the one without the cross and voila - shouty woman is back

Ok Paddi, many thanks. Will give this a try tomorrow. Smile

Post #380573 Tue Apr 16 2013 4:03pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Paddi wrote:
Hi Rab,
OK checked carefully this time. You need to be at the 'Navigation Menu'. In the bottom right of this screen there are two icons with Nav)) in them but one has a cross through it. Press the one without the cross and voila - shouty woman is back

Hi Paddi,

Just to say it now works! Many thanks for your advice. My 'woman's voice' is actually normal, I actually find it too low. Is there a setting somehwere to increase the volume? Also, just wondered do you know a cheap way to get the up-to-date dvd? Thanks

Post #380751 Wed Apr 17 2013 7:49pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

If you press the "speaking woman" icon or one without the x in English, she will talk. While she is talking turn the volume on stereo and should get louder. It will continue at that volume unless you got stereo at 35 then she shouts proper over the music Rolling with laughter 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #380764 Wed Apr 17 2013 9:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

simple1 wrote:
If you press the "speaking woman" icon or one without the x in English, she will talk. While she is talking turn the volume on stereo and should get louder. It will continue at that volume unless you got stereo at 35 then she shouts proper over the music Rolling with laughter

Thanks simple1.

Post #380772 Wed Apr 17 2013 10:32pm
Paddi

rabcnesbit wrote:
Just to say it now works! Many thanks for your advice. My 'woman's voice' is actually normal, I actually find it too low. Is there a setting somehwere to increase the volume? Also, just wondered do you know a cheap way to get the up-to-date dvd? Thanks

And another way is to press and hold for 5 seconds the tone button on the audio unit until you see 'AVC level' then press the tone button again to scroll through the menu until you see 'Nav Vol Offset' then rotate the volume control knob to increase/decrease the offset. But as Simple says she shouts over anything playing so is frequently still too loud. It seems playing loud music and using the Sat Nav are incompatible activities Rolling Eyes

There are inexpensive copies of the LR DVDs available through t'internet of varying quality from good to useless and as not legitimate, any links posted on this site are quickly deleted by the moderators. Let Google be your friend? 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #380814 Thu Apr 18 2013 2:41pm
MEV6

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

rabcnesbit wrote:
Paddi wrote:
Hi Rab,

Hi Paddi,

You must be the only man on the planet that wants your woman's voice to be louder!!! Rolling with laughter 2007 Black on Black colour coded TDV8

Post #380826 Thu Apr 18 2013 4:38pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Paddi wrote:
rabcnesbit wrote:

And another way is to press and hold for 5 seconds the tone button on the audio unit until you see 'AVC level' then press the tone button again to scroll through the menu until you see 'Nav Vol Offset' then rotate the volume control knob to increase/decrease the offset. But as Simple says she shouts over anything playing so is frequently still too loud. It seems playing loud music and using the Sat Nav are incompatible activities Rolling Eyes

There are inexpensive copies of the LR DVDs available through t'internet of varying quality from good to useless and as not legitimate, any links posted on this site are quickly deleted by the moderators. Let Google be your friend?

Thanks for the tip Paddi. Thumbs Up

Post #380833 Thu Apr 18 2013 6:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1