RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > " Iron Lady "
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

BigCat8810 wrote:

I’m more than happy to be proven wrong, but do feel like I’m Banging Head in my quest for some proof to back SPX's claim that Lady T ‘actively supported apartheid’ and so far I’ve seen nothing.

She didnt support apartheid,i dont think anyone would (apart from the south Africans!!) she just didnt get involved, ergo, some would say that is akin to supporting it........ twisted logic i know , but thats how some people look at it MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #380138 Thu Apr 11 2013 12:26pm
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

RRSTDV8 wrote:
SPX wrote:
BigCat,
by your reckoning, anyone that wants to overthrow a regime that oppresses the indigenous population is communist? I suppose, also by your reckoning, MT could do no wrong?

Her greatest strength was to get weak people to follow her, those people that showed strength and stood up to her and her ideology were routinely crushed, not sidelined, crushed. And this is something to be applauded?

Ah yes, ad hominem - the sign of a winning position... Rolling with laughter

(Of course there is a certain irony in pointing out ad hominem as it might, in itself, be considered to be taking a similar position but hey, we're all friends here I'm sure Smile )

I'm not attacking anyone personally, it's a human trait that weak people follow strong leaders. If anything, you could take that as a compliment towards MT.

Post #380211 Fri Apr 12 2013 7:44am
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

BigCat8810 wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
SPX wrote:
BigCat,
by your reckoning, anyone that wants to overthrow a regime that oppresses the indigenous population is communist? I suppose, also by your reckoning, MT could do no wrong?

Her greatest strength was to get weak people to follow her, those people that showed strength and stood up to her and her ideology were routinely crushed, not sidelined, crushed. And this is something to be applauded?

Ah yes, ad hominem - the sign of a winning position... Rolling with laughter

(Of course there is a certain irony in pointing out ad hominem as it might, in itself, be considered to be taking a similar position but hey, we're all friends here I'm sure Smile )

I’m more than happy to be proven wrong, but do feel like I’m Banging Head in my quest for some proof to back SPX's claim that Lady T ‘actively supported apartheid’ and so far I’ve seen nothing.

When the rest of the commonwealth wanted sanctions taken against SA, she fought against it under the banner of 'free trade', she called the ANC a 'typical terrorist organisation' (one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter), she described herself as a 'candid friend' of the hard line SA apartheid president PW Botha (who was later found to be complicit in gross violations of human rights).

Her 'friend' Pinochet was responsible for, including many other human rights abuses, the torture and murder of political opponents. Even when this all came to light, MT still backed him.

If MT's supporters want to change history for her in death (she was solely responsible for the fall of the Berlin Wall, no less!) then I think it's fair to say people are going to challenge these distortions.

Post #380217 Fri Apr 12 2013 8:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234