RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > RRS Diesel Software Issue - Letter from Dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

adrman

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
RRS Diesel Software Issue - Letter from Dealer

Hi,

Just got a letter from the dealer saying there is a software issue that may affect my RRS Diesel. Anyone else got one of these and may knwo what it is ?

I ask because I had my ECU reprogrammed by this forums sponsor and wonder if I'll need to have it redone after the dealer has done their thing.

Thanks

Post #42983 Thu Jun 29 2006 11:31pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Nothing received yet! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #42990 Fri Jun 30 2006 7:40am
PaulB

England 

There is a major new software upgrade from LR and once installed, you will need to get your car re-chipped.

Paul

Post #43123 Fri Jun 30 2006 1:14pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

This may seem an obvious question, but the reprogramming by LR must take on board a number of engine variables which improve (factory) performance or otherwise correct past programming errors. Most chip tuners (including no doubt TurboChip) modify only those parameters related to improving performance...would they not now have to redo their own maps before re-chipping? Is there not a risk that the new LR programming may sufficiently change the code to render the current aftermarket modifications at best ineffective and at worst damaging?

Is there a way to check the firmware version of your ECU or do you need an ODBII reader (I've seen them sold in US inflight shopping magazines...) 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #43258 Sat Jul 01 2006 6:39am
Lateral5

Australia 

Anyone know what the software upgrade is all about? Sometimes, I feel like I am driving a laptop on wheels!! Wink RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #43272 Sat Jul 01 2006 8:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

The upgrade only affects european spec cars at present. It is basically a final 'bash' by LR to get the all computers on the cars working correctly.

As for checking the firmware on your car this can be done by any LR dealer with WDS, Autologic or Turbochip dealer Chips with everything

Post #43311 Sat Jul 01 2006 6:43pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Nothing received to date.

As car is due to go in anyway for recall/rear upper bootlid fitting problem and full body polish I'll mention it then! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #43458 Mon Jul 03 2006 10:32am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Supertrotter wrote:

As car is due to go in anyway for recall/rear upper bootlid fitting problem and full body polish I'll mention it then!

ST - have I seen a thread about paint damage to the face of the upper boot door, is this your problem here? I noticed paint damage yesterday when closing the upper door ( the upper lid has bruised the paint I guess because the buffers aren't correctly set.....)

Post #43480 Mon Jul 03 2006 11:17am
bigdwarf

India 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

No letter received yet from the dealer here either on the recalls or upgrades (if at all there is a difference between the two). So called up and passed on information gleaned from the forum to the dealer. After much denial and usual angst about how Lux lags coz it depends on Brussels who depend on in turn on Solihull etc and much nagging on my part, the car was booked in today and had the following upgrades done (I was told they were done, but who knows Rolling Eyes ) -

1)Upgrade of engine control module software
2)Upgrade of transfer control module software
3)Upgrade of the heating ventililation and air conditioning control module software
4)Upgrade of instrument pack control module software

So far (one short drive only), no funny lights have flashed up & car feels the same as before. The only thing that's happened is my clock's been reset to some place 7 hours behind (LA?) and the odometer dropped one mile Shocked

Anyway, was unequivocally told that all of the upgrades were to fix 'faults' or potential problems and would do nothing to 'enhance' performance as such. I seem to have read some threads here that suggested we would get Sat Nav on the move and diesel cars would get some efficiency improvements. Well, nada in Luxembourg. So if anyone has a different story to tell, it'd be interesting to hear. RRS 2.7TDV6 HSE Java Black, Sun Roof, Tasmod Sills

Post #43796 Tue Jul 04 2006 6:10pm
viella

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

The dealer here told me that they will start sending out the letters by mid July. Keep you posted.... Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

--------------------------------------
TdV6 HSE Zermatt silver, Ebony/Rhodium interior, PTI, Cooler, Tasmods... just nice

Post #43804 Tue Jul 04 2006 7:05pm
Robbi

Guernsey 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

MAW wrote:
Supertrotter wrote:

As car is due to go in anyway for recall/rear upper bootlid fitting problem and full body polish I'll mention it then!

ST - have I seen a thread about paint damage to the face of the upper boot door, is this your problem here? I noticed paint damage yesterday when closing the upper door ( the upper lid has bruised the paint I guess because the buffers aren't correctly set.....)

I have noticed the same damage. Since mine should be replaced soon (as soons as the dealer and LR can finish their negotiations) for more major paint issues I am not too bothered but will point it out when I next discuss the paintwork. Rob
*Gone - HSE TDV8 Rimini Red + Tasmod sill plates

Post #43967 Wed Jul 05 2006 2:50pm
adrman

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
TurboChip reapllication after a Dealer upgrade

PaulB wrote:
There is a major new software upgrade from LR and once installed, you will need to get your car re-chipped.

Paul

If TurboChip reapply their program to my ECU after the LR Dealer has done whatever upgrades they need to do, will I not have a problem because it is possible that some of the LR changes will be reversed by the reapplication of the TurboChip software unless TurboChip are also going to update their own ECU software to include necessary LR changes ?

If you can follow that one any advice would be welcome !

Post #45897 Thu Jul 20 2006 11:00am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

bigdwarf wrote:
I seem to have read some threads here that suggested we would get Sat Nav on the move and diesel cars would get some efficiency improvements. Well, nada in Luxembourg. So if anyone has a different story to tell, it'd be interesting to hear.

The SatNav on the move is a 2007 feature. I'd be surprised if LR make it available for older models. As for performance enhancements - that would definitely never happen as those would change the fundamentals upon which all these cars were either licensed or insured (or certified for the countries where they are sold) - as to efficiencies? Again, why would LR do that unless the "efficiency" is the serendipitous outcome of the correction of a fault. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #45925 Thu Jul 20 2006 3:38pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 
Re: TurboChip reapllication after a Dealer upgrade

adrman wrote:
If TurboChip reapply their program to my ECU after the LR Dealer has done whatever upgrades they need to do, will I not have a problem because it is possible that some of the LR changes will be reversed by the reapplication of the TurboChip software unless TurboChip are also going to update their own ECU software to include necessary LR changes ?

I believe that TC do exactly that, they base their ECU software upon the latest available LR ECU software - so you won't lose the LR changes Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #45927 Thu Jul 20 2006 3:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roland

Switzerland 

viella wrote:
The dealer here told me that they will start sending out the letters by mid July. Keep you posted....

..has anybody got that letter in the meantime? SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #47090 Fri Jul 28 2006 4:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>