RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Strange Background Clicking + No Voice Sound On i Phone 5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gerryfh

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Bali Blue
Strange Background Clicking + No Voice Sound On i Phone 5

Help while I was driving my RRS MY 2011 on Saturday with my i Phone pluged in, the music started to make a strange clicking sound followed by a loss of what I can only describe as the vocals which haqsn't returned. I initially thought that the clicking was part of the song being played, as it seems to be in the background

Ive changed the iphone lead from my other Range Rover, tried my wifes iphone, changed the adapter but that hasn't made any difference. The sound on DAB and Radio works fine any ideas please.

Post #379420 Tue Apr 02 2013 3:08pm
Gerryfh

Well just a quick update, still my iPhone music play back isn't working properly, I've now swopped the unit where the iPhone lead plugs into, thought id found the cause earlier, hence swooping the aux/iPhone unit from my wife's car but unfortunately it's still the same !
Looks like I've got to dig a bit further so far I've changed the iPhone white adapter, the I phone lead, and now the aux/iPhone unit where the curly lead plugs into grrrr
Earlier on today the sound was back to normal but then just went back to its earlier state.

Post #379548 Thu Apr 04 2013 12:16am
mse

United Kingdom 

ignoring the iphone (cr Censored p apple product)...have you made sure first the connections are flush.

Ive had clicking on amps before and its been dodgy connections - but that might be a unit fault Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379593 Thu Apr 04 2013 6:26pm
Gerryfh

I know it's still under warranty, but I just can't face taking it to Stratstone in Cardiff, a total waste of time.

Today ive taken out the drivers seat and tried to trace the iPhone wire from the central consul, very difficult to see where it goes, I've managed to trace it so far, I've removed the amp and blown out the fittings, and made sure that all the connections I could get at are firmly connected.

After refitting the I phone music plays as it should, so far so good, but I've just got that feeling that its not sorted yet, if it goes again I'm going to have to book it in Big Cry

The only positive is that the seat was so easy to remove, abt 10 mins, this enabled me to give the carpets a good clean Thumbs Up

Post #379712 Fri Apr 05 2013 10:22pm
mse

United Kingdom 

i wouldnt buy a car from stratstone let alone taking it in...but when under warranty - it needs to go in, take it to a better dealer Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379744 Sat Apr 06 2013 10:18am
Gerryfh

Well latest update, spent a lot of time driving my Sport today with I pod/phone on all day and it didn't miss a beat, I'm beginning to feel more confidant that it has been repaired.

If it is now sorted the only thing I can see that might have repaired it was to totally disconnect the Logic 7 Amp and the other thing I did was to re push together the iPod lead connector under the gear selector, although this is very difficult to get to

Fingers crossed, I'm still waiting for my wife's Vogue to go back into Stratstone to repair the heated drivers seat, it's been back and fore now 4/5 times over the last 7 weeks and its still not repaired. Totally useless, the car is 2 years old and we've had no courtesy car instead of it, at one stage they had it over a week.

Post #379778 Sun Apr 07 2013 12:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1