RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Ordering
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Mad Ferret

England 
Ordering

Anyone got any idea when I can place an order, had my deposit in for 7 months and no.2 on my dealers list but he doesn't have any further info.

Post #379355 Mon Apr 01 2013 2:48pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you're #2 on a dealers list then is try to stick with them. Dealers will be ordering their first vehicles w/c 8th April, therefore if you are #2 then I would have expected you to have been offered the opportunity to spec a car up for this first order call.

I'd make contact with them and suggest that you need to go in and discuss the spec of your car as you guess they'll be ordering it in a weeks time.

Failing that, we are taking £1000 deposit to secure a slot in the queue and are estimating Q1 2014 if you want HGG to look after your order?

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #379357 Mon Apr 01 2013 4:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NJS22

Mad Ferret I asked the other day and they said they would ring as soon as they know, they did seam to think that delivery would start in August but expect most people to wait for the September plate change. Thumbs Up If you #2 you should be able to get an early one if you want.

Post #379364 Mon Apr 01 2013 6:28pm
Mad Ferret

England 

Well I paid my £1000 deposit last October. Like most I wanted the TDV8 and ill wait if I could have for 1st march 204 but no one knows when it will be fitted unless someone else knows here otherwise it's a SDV6 Autobiography for me

Post #379367 Mon Apr 01 2013 6:53pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

I'm number 11 on the list at my dealer, love the look of the car and can't wait to order. No idea how long it'll take to get round to me. Any insight into dealer allocations yet?

Long time since I've been on this site, ended up heading down the Cayenne and X5 route until now. Looking forward to getting my hands on one of these!

Post #379434 Tue Apr 02 2013 6:10pm
SilverspeedRRS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black

Ordered HSE today in Corris Grey with ebony/lunar. Would have liked the red interior but not available in HSE spec which is a shame. Opted style 15 wheels with red callipers though. Would have gone ebony/cirrus interior if contrast stitching was available but enquired and its not. Lovely cars but getting expensive and at this level would have expected more opportunity to personalise the interior. On order Corris Grey New HSE 5+2 with Santorini contrast roof , ebony/cirrus interior and panoramic roof.

Post #380646 Wed Apr 17 2013 6:30am
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Out of interest, did you go for a low ratio box?

Jim

Post #380647 Wed Apr 17 2013 7:56am
SilverspeedRRS

Jim- didn't go for the low ratio box. Couldn't justify the cost - the car is already significantly more expensive than my current AB and I haven't done any off road work in that . It really was a decision of low ratio box or third roof seats and a few other bits. My wife made the decision really as it gives us so much more flexibility to have those two extra seats. If they weren't an option I'm not sure I would have changed my current car. On order Corris Grey New HSE 5+2 with Santorini contrast roof , ebony/cirrus interior and panoramic roof.

Post #380662 Wed Apr 17 2013 10:07am
mse

United Kingdom 

Sorry - but i still dont get why a)it doesnt come with it as standard and b) why you wouldnt have it.

Basically go a buy a ford or a BMW - the point of a sport is that it is good off road and capable, i wouldnt care if you dont use it...to know you have it is most of the battle...how red faced when you go to a concert and get stuck in a field of mud because you cant select low third...sorry its not your fault its not standard

for £500 there is no option more important Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #380698 Wed Apr 17 2013 1:20pm
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

I imagine the lack of a low ration box and torque vectoring could be a problem when it comes to re-selling a RRS.

Post #380706 Wed Apr 17 2013 1:42pm
mse

United Kingdom 

The former possibly - the latter not sure...it will still drive well without torque vectoring but wont work off road well (eg shoots and horses etc)

Interestingly torque vectoring (the dynamic option) uses the brakes (similar to the old off road trip when you have a wheel spinning) i wonder how this increases brake pad/disc wear Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #380711 Wed Apr 17 2013 2:13pm
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

mse wrote:

Interestingly torque vectoring (the dynamic option) uses the brakes (similar to the old off road trip when you have a wheel spinning) i wonder how this increases brake pad/disc wear

Some people blamed this system for excessive rear brake pad wear on early XF's. Others blamed the EPB not releasing immediately and fully when starting off.

Post #380720 Wed Apr 17 2013 2:56pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I wouldnt be surprise if it does increase the pad wear, especially the more "sporting" the owner is Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #380721 Wed Apr 17 2013 3:07pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

corrisgrey wrote:
I imagine the lack of a low ration box and torque vectoring could be a problem when it comes to re-selling a RRS.

I certainly wouldn't buy one without low range. Less worried about torque vectoring but I think you need to spec that in order to get the active rear diff. which is something I'd like to have.

The Sport is obviously designed to compete with the X5 and Cayenne on road at the expense of off road ability. As the vast majority of Sports (in the UK at least) never go off road, I can see why LR have gone down that route - even if I disagree with the decision. This process was started in the face lift RRS1 where no underbody protection was available from LR (unlike the pre-facelift which can have the G4 undertray).

Assuming I replace my RRS with another LR product in two or three years time, I'll probably look to go for a FFRR rather than RRS even if it means going for a slightly older vehicle (it'll have to be second hand either way). That way one gets the luxury and off road ability with an on road ability that, by accounts, is as good as the current RRS which is probably good enough in the UK these days to be honest. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #380737 Wed Apr 17 2013 5:18pm
SilverspeedRRS

Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware you could spec the low range box in isolation - thought it was packaged at £3.5k as on /off road pack. Order amended. Appreciate the advice. On order Corris Grey New HSE 5+2 with Santorini contrast roof , ebony/cirrus interior and panoramic roof.

Post #380788 Thu Apr 18 2013 2:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>