RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Ordering
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

mse

United Kingdom 

Good call Exclamation ...still not sure why you should be expected to pay the extra though - but at least you have a capable car should you ever need it Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #380852 Thu Apr 18 2013 7:14pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think you will find it is all to do with emissions and CO2/ tax. If the standard car is without out the low ratio then it will be homologated and tested as that and get a lower tax bracket and lower emissions. I read recently that not having the transfer box/ low ratio saves 20kgs of weight so it is important for LR's corporate CO2 reduction and the EU penalties they have to pay. Also not having the low ratio box will remove (for the vast majority of owners) a source of electro-mechanical problems in older cars - how many owners ever follow the instruction in the manual to operate the transfer mechanism every couple of weeks to keep everything from seizing up. I know when people ask me about buying a used RRS there are two things I tell them to do - operate the Hi/Lo change over and if it doesn't go into Lo smoothly and quietly walk away, and if it is fitted with wheels bigger than 20" and non standard designs walk away. Must admit that I will be looking for either a Dynamic version or one with the transfer box option.
Having said that I recently had an ED4 (2WD version) of an Evoque and a couple of ED4 Freelander2's on a green laning expedition and they went everywhere the 4WD cars went without a single car getting stuck - they were just as good in the mud and on steep slopes and makes you wonder why people bother with the 4WD version, admittedly F2 and Evoque aren't meant to go where RRS/D4/FFRR and Defender are meant to go, but lets face it 95% of RRS/D4/FFRR owners won't take their cars where F2 and Evoque are capable of going as well. I'm sure that the non-low box RRS will still be a very capable car
on a slippery field provided it has suitable tyres 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #380894 Fri Apr 19 2013 10:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

4WD freelanders are capable - but the two wheel drive versions there are definite places where simply they just wont cut it.

Personally i couldnt care less about the CO2 emissions rubbish - nor would i want it to cloud the vision...do other things, but dont change what its there to do. Equally (showing how stupid emission are) save 20kg by not having x - then put a person or two in and the savings gone...put some kit in the back and its gone. Surely better to increase MPG - ultimately you use less fuel, you will do less damage.

In reality manufactures have to meet a requirement for the entire fleet - hence why the likes of aston have the signet thing

Either way - i would agree the 4x4 version of the FL or Evoque are capable, infact the FL (4x4) ive seen go more places than the equivelants - but the 2 wheel drive versions might get by some of the time (as you might be surprised most cars would in the same conditions) but wont cut it in the same way plus they do fall off the cliff quickly.

a 2WD land rover, especially a sport is one step too far im afraid Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #380899 Fri Apr 19 2013 10:51am
Beancounter_74

England 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
..............- how many owners ever follow the instruction in the manual to operate the transfer mechanism every couple of weeks to keep everything from seizing up.

Errrr.....me Embarassed Embarassed , every time I wash the car (2 -3 weeks), I move it around the drive in low range. Knowing my luck it'll seize up sooner Laughing ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #380902 Fri Apr 19 2013 10:58am
Tim in Scotland

mse wrote:
a 2WD land rover, especially a sport is one step too far im afraid

A 7 seater Sport falls into the same category in my books - you want a minibus buy a disco4 or a VW Sharan 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #380942 Fri Apr 19 2013 5:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

More useful to have 7 seats than 2wd!

Anyway at least the extra 2 seats are an option rather than the default Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #380945 Fri Apr 19 2013 5:24pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I think the second hand value of the new Sport is going to be very specification sensitive - more so than now. If the majority of buyers don't bother ticking the box for either "off-road" or "on/off road" (the dynamic option) then vehicles with those boxes ticked will hold a premium in a second hand market because they'll be a bit rare.

I can see a lot of HSEs being sold early on without the buyer even realising what they're missing in the oily bits.

I think the dickie seats will be a popular choice. It will be interesting to see if people who don't go for the dicke seats still tick the folding rear seat option. £100 to let you fold the rear seats properly to get a decent load bay size. Bizarre that LR would think that should be an option...

Sadly I expect most will also be ordered with 22 inch rims. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #380990 Sat Apr 20 2013 9:35am
mse

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
I think the second hand value of the new Sport is going to be very specification sensitive - more so than now. If the majority of buyers don't bother ticking the box for either "off-road" or "on/off road" (the dynamic option) then vehicles with those boxes ticked will hold a premium in a second hand market because they'll be a bit rare.

I can see a lot of HSEs being sold early on without the buyer even realising what they're missing in the oily bits.

I think the dickie seats will be a popular choice. It will be interesting to see if people who don't go for the dicke seats still tick the folding rear seat option. £100 to let you fold the rear seats properly to get a decent load bay size. Bizarre that LR would think that should be an option...

Sadly I expect most will also be ordered with 22 inch rims.

Yes I noticed there were a lot of rear seat folding options - which again seemed mad

What you describe, of course, is what happened with the TD5 Discovery - when they did a run without diff lock of which some could be retro-fitted and some couldnt...i remember that went down like a lead balloon.

It does concern me that there are some core offerings, that are not standard and we are touch on some here - its a little shocking if you ask me

And i think you are right - a number of people havent realised whats not standard, so they will take delivery and then be Censored off you cant fold the seats flat...as an example Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #380995 Sat Apr 20 2013 10:26am
Tim in Scotland

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Sadly I expect most will also be ordered with 22 inch rims.

+1, but unfortunately the style 6 is the least fussy and most attractive design to me. I have the same design in 20" version on my Evoque. I would love to meet the designer who chose the mostly naff wheel designs for the new RRS, maybe he worked for Kahn previously! Most of the wheel designs are way too ornate. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #380996 Sat Apr 20 2013 10:27am
mse

United Kingdom 

There are some good designs generally or should i say occasionally, i wonder why some just dont make it? Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #380998 Sat Apr 20 2013 10:33am
corrisgrey

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
£100 to let you fold the rear seats properly to get a decent load bay size. Bizarre that LR would think that should be an option...

According to the brochure all models have 60:40 Folding rear seats. Is the folding mechanism different for the £100 60:40 folding rear seats with load through option or does through load mean a hole in the middle for skis etc?

Post #381013 Sat Apr 20 2013 1:32pm
mse

United Kingdom 

corrisgrey wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
£100 to let you fold the rear seats properly to get a decent load bay size. Bizarre that LR would think that should be an option...

According to the brochure all models have 60:40 Folding rear seats. Is the folding mechanism different for the £100 60:40 folding rear seats with load through option or does through load mean a hole in the middle for skis etc?

I think it's about folding and folding fully flat like it does now. Rolling Eyes Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #381038 Sat Apr 20 2013 6:38pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Placed my order yesterday, HSE Dynamic in Corris grey with ebony lunar interior, pano roof and a few other bits and bobs. Couldn't order the 7 seat option unfort as not available until January. Wondering whether to switch to a Jan order as mine might not appear until November anyway...

Post #381042 Sat Apr 20 2013 6:51pm
SilverspeedRRS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black

I specced my HSE with 3rd row and not been advised its not available until January. Will check next week.
Did you go contrast roof? On order Corris Grey New HSE 5+2 with Santorini contrast roof , ebony/cirrus interior and panoramic roof.

Post #381072 Sun Apr 21 2013 4:24am
SilverspeedRRS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black

I specced my HSE with 3rd row and not been advised its not available until January. Will check next week.
Did you go contrast roof? On order Corris Grey New HSE 5+2 with Santorini contrast roof , ebony/cirrus interior and panoramic roof.

Post #381073 Sun Apr 21 2013 4:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>