RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > First 6 months/Demand?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

forest172

United Kingdom 
First 6 months/Demand?

wondered peoples thoughts on having one of the first cars will enable free motoring or small loses for the first six months regarding deprecation like the Evoque did. As always the sport will have a large following, so demand will probably be greater than supply to start with. So having one of first cars on release would be worth doing if you spec sensible

Post #379488 Wed Apr 03 2013 11:44am
Beancounter_74

England 

If you haven't already got your name down, I'd say that there is not much scope as I would imagine JLR will work quickly to fulfill the demand.
Some people on here have already had their names down for up to 6 months, so they will be ahead of the curve and in with a chance of doing what you say, but others I don't think will have that opportunity. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #379493 Wed Apr 03 2013 12:36pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

Beancounter_74 wrote:
If you haven't already got your name down, I'd say that there is not much scope as I would imagine JLR will work quickly to fulfill the demand.
Some people on here have already had their names down for up to 6 months, so they will be ahead of the curve and in with a chance of doing what you say, but others I don't think will have that opportunity.

I do have deposit down, placed it in August and will get car no. 1 or 2 at my regular dealers. Wondered if I should take it or not?

Post #379495 Wed Apr 03 2013 12:41pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

you will have to make your mind up if you want one built to your spec , or take what is coming, usually with new launches they will build the first run with all they toys, so you HAVE to take what they offer, or go back to the end of the queue. i dont think you will be able to get the spec you want until probably december/january. if you bought one for mearly selling on, you could probably get 3 or 4 months of free motoring, but not much point in that! the evoque tailed off pretty quickly, with high speced ones taking ages to shift (probably cos you could just about get an RRS for the price of some of the top end evoques!
cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #379496 Wed Apr 03 2013 12:50pm
TST717

Scotland 

Why would you place a deposit 6 months ago, and then sit wondering whether you should 'take one' or not?

Strange logic.....obviously not a real RRS enthusiast I reckon......

Why bother if you don't have the passion for the machine?

Just my thoughts...

TST TDV8 HSE....Gone but not forgotten ....class act
Cayenne S diesel.....850n/m....385bhp....the danglies ...
SL55 AMG

Post #379498 Wed Apr 03 2013 1:05pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

TST717 wrote:
Why would you place a deposit 6 months ago, and then sit wondering whether you should 'take one' or not?

Strange logic.....obviously not a real RRS enthusiast I reckon......

Why bother if you don't have the passion for the machine?

Just my thoughts...

TST

At the time was thinking yeah I`ll probably fancy the new sport when it`s released and the dealer said just put your name down get at the front of the list, as I`ve had several cars from them now. Now it`s released just not so sure. Pretty happy with the Evoque, and the New Defender I have

Post #379501 Wed Apr 03 2013 1:13pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Then why not sell your slot in the queue. Thumbs Up

Post #379505 Wed Apr 03 2013 1:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

forest172 wrote:
Beancounter_74 wrote:
Some people on here have already had their names down for up to 6 months, so they will be ahead of the curve and in with a chance of doing what you say, but others I don't think will have that opportunity.

I do have deposit down, placed it in August and will get car no. 1 or 2 at my regular dealers. Wondered if I should take it or not?

Ah, I see Thumbs Up

As Ady says, why not just sell your position on the list......I'll be honest, I personally wouldn't pay someone to jump the queue Wink ), or spec a decent car in a decent colour and then put up for sale, close to delivery Idea Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )

Post #379506 Wed Apr 03 2013 1:57pm
Beancounter_74

England 

codfather wrote:
.............. the evoque tailed off pretty quickly,

Agreed, also, they are producing them 24/7 so I heard on the radio, thus mopping up the excess demand fairly quickly. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #379507 Wed Apr 03 2013 2:00pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Have just come back from the dealers, after having our FL2 serviced.

Whilst there I had a chat with one of the salesmen who told me that the flood of pre orders for the new RRS that he expected was more of a slow trickle. He also told me that in the last 2 days three customers who had purchased RRS through him in the past, and had pre ordered the new model, had cancelled their orders since the weekend.

He went on to tell me that one didn't like the look of the new model whilst the other 2 were not prepared to pay so much more to get a similar spec to what they are already driving.

I asked him what he thought was the cause of people being slow to order. He seemed to think that LR had got the specs and pricing all wrong for the UK market i.e. not enough as standard (several of his customers could not believe that a low range transfer box was not standard) to warrant the cost to swap.

Food for thought straight from the horses mouth...............

Jim

Post #379517 Wed Apr 03 2013 6:42pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Well i hope he passes that info on to JLR and maybe they might take another look at their pricing and spec policies and do something about it especially if other dealers are having similar results. I think LR have pushed it a few steps too far this time seeing how popular the Evogue was at launch and they are trying to cash in the same way with the new sport now. Whistle

Post #379519 Wed Apr 03 2013 6:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

Jim's I've picked up on that...it's accurate as well, certainly where I am, although in a different position.

As for demand etc and free motoring, I wouldn't expect the demand to be like the evoque which was a new model on a new line with new people and a new audience. Overall very different and JLR are geared up to produce demand from solihull. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379534 Wed Apr 03 2013 9:37pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I've spoken to 2 local dealers over the past few days - first dealer has presold 14 new RRSs (and wanted 3k deposit..), 2nd has sold 42 (1k deposit) and has probably fulfilled their expected allocation until 1st quarter next year.

Post #379541 Wed Apr 03 2013 10:47pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Thats not that many though really? - take the 14, i bet the pre-sell 14 at reg change...42 doesnt sound earth shattering from a point of demand outstripping supply.

The evoque required extra shifts in the end! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379543 Wed Apr 03 2013 10:53pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Agree...but the Evoque was well hyped up before launch...and every TD & H knew it was due. Not that many people are aware of the new RRS! Ask your neighbour!

Post #379544 Wed Apr 03 2013 11:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>