RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Admiral Insurance Do not use they are thieving scum
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Kensta

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Admiral Insurance Do not use they are thieving scum

Had my hotmail account switched off for just over a month as it had been hacked, switched it back on yestaday and changed passwords etc, started reading my inbox messages to find a one that I received Monday morning from Admiral telling that as of Sunday night my policy was cancelled and my RRs is now uninsured!!
Not believing what I was reading I went back further in my inbox to find anything else from them in the past month and I found a one from Oct31 saying they have found out I have a undisclosed conviction (IN10) and I have 7 days to explain or my policy is void!
Obviously I Neva got that email so didn't have the chance or even know what was going on so I got straight on the fone to them yday morn asking what the f Censored K is going on and explained I have no points, She said all I need to do is send them a copy of my licence in and they will look into it and reinstate my policy and then she gave me they're fax number, So I rush home from work get my licence then get back to work photo copy all sides and fax it in Plus I rang DVLA to confirm I had a clean licence and I wasn't going mad and they confirmed.
Faxed Admiral the copy, rang them to check they had received it but they said it can take a while so try later, I gave it around 4hrs and rang them got another women on the phone who asked why I was wanting to check they received a fax so I explained the scenario and what the lady in the morn told me to do n she pretty much just said " I don't know why you've bothered we won't even reinstat yor policy and that I'm a liar!" so pretty much somewhere or somehow they have decided I have a conviction and they probably now realise that I don't and that they have cocked up but they still don't give a Toss,
Oh and they charged me £80 for the privilege of being cancelled! What's P' ing me off too is that they neve sent one single letter to my address which I think is absolutely ridiculous!!!! Anyway I got home full of hell and told wor lass the situation and she then told me that she is with Admiral and when she first took her policy out she got a snotty letter off them accusing her of a similar thing but lucky for her she had a bit of notice and her dad wrote them a harsh letter and got it sorted,
So now I've an uninsured motor, 80 quid out of pocket, and waiting for a £503 refund which apparently was sent on the 11th November they've said it's waiting at the bank to be processed yet I've spot to the bank twice now and they haven't even had an attempt from admiral yet!! Big Cry
I'm never ever using them again and first chance wor lass gets she is cancelling them and insuring with some one else Java black 2006

Post #363163 Wed Nov 14 2012 5:31pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

A different insurance company did the same over NCD to my sis in law and cancelled her policy even though she had proved it and they confirmed they received it in a email

But she was told its not possible to reinstate policy's and she had to take another one out, cancellation charge refunded and the cost of the original policy

Insure yourself elsewhere, then I would contact them again, with proof of your clean licence and request a refund of the cancellation fee, and take it up the the FSA if they don't play ball

Post #363164 Wed Nov 14 2012 5:40pm
Kensta

That's a good idea thanx Nick who are the FSA? I hate Admiral !! Evil or Very Mad Java black 2006

Last edited by Kensta on Wed Nov 14 2012 6:03pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #363165 Wed Nov 14 2012 5:44pm
nicedayforit

United Kingdom 

I would be inclined to add "in my opinion" to the end of your post title just to save you any further hassle from Admiral. Laughing

Post #363167 Wed Nov 14 2012 5:55pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

FSA = financial services authority

Post #363169 Wed Nov 14 2012 6:42pm
Endjin

Scotland 

I would contact the insurance ombudsman and lodge a complaint with them
Demanding a full refund from Admiral for ALL costs incurred as a result of their
Error as well as compensation. 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #363177 Wed Nov 14 2012 8:20pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You are very lucky you havn't been pulled by plod for driving without insurance with all the anpr camera cars around, then you would be shouting & balling + you would be looking at minimum 6 points on your licence Big Cry + a fine Whistle The thing is now is that you will have to tell the next insurance company you use that you have had your insurance cancelled when they ask you the question, and they will Shocked Its usually asked "Have you ever had any insurance declined or cancelled" Big Cry

Run your Reg number through here to see if its showing as insured on the database http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Thumbs Up

Post #363183 Wed Nov 14 2012 9:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mark hamster

that really does stink..! like some one said you could of been done for no ins,6 points and a fine.!!

Post #363190 Wed Nov 14 2012 10:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kensta

Exactly! The lucky thing for me is I was actually plannin on using the rangerover to take me and mrs kensta who is 37 weeks pregnant! to the Micheal Macintyre gig at the Arena on Monday nite but decided last minute to go in her mini which we very rarely do, if we had of gone in the rangerover I cud of easily been pulled for no ins or worse been involved in an accident, I still can't believe they haven't sent one letter to my address either asking to explain there claim of an endorsement or even to tell me my vehicle isn't insured !! Oh and I'm still waiting for this refund I was on phone again to them they said it was sent on the 11th I've spoke to bank again and they still havnt heard anything from Admiral.
Ady I tried that link mate cheers and it's showing up as uninsured Java black 2006

Post #363205 Thu Nov 15 2012 9:41am
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

If you are making a complaint you will need to do this to the insurance company in the first instance. They have 8 weeks in which to investigate and provide a response. If they haven't responded to you within 8 weeks, or you disagree with the response they have sent, then you have the right to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service who will investigate the complaint on your behalf.

More details can be found here: http://www.fos.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #363519 Sat Nov 17 2012 11:22pm
Kensta

alanad wrote:
If you are making a complaint you will need to do this to the insurance company in the first instance. They have 8 weeks in which to investigate and provide a response. If they haven't responded to you within 8 weeks, or you disagree with the response they have sent, then you have the right to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service who will investigate the complaint on your behalf.

More details can be found here: http://www.fos.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Cheers Thumbs Up Java black 2006

Post #363527 Sat Nov 17 2012 11:55pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

What was the outcome of this Kensta Question

Post #371981 Sat Feb 02 2013 6:11pm
Kensta

Hi Ady! I just got my money back minus the admin fee and started ins with Axa and saved over 200 pound! And I got some extra benefits, I never bothered taking it any further the Censored , my girlfriend has since cancelled her Admiral policy out of principal too and restarted with another firm and saved a wedge too, I was just very lucky nothing happend when I was unwittingly uninsured Java black 2006

Post #372061 Sun Feb 03 2013 3:21pm
jetbags

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Re: Admiral Insurance Do not use they are thieving scum

Kensta wrote:
Had my hotmail account switched off for just over a month as it had been hacked, switched it back on yestaday and changed passwords etc, started reading my inbox messages to find a one that I received Monday morning from Admiral telling that as of Sunday night my policy was cancelled and my RRs is now uninsured!!
Not believing what I was reading I went back further in my inbox to find anything else from them in the past month and I found a one from Oct31 saying they have found out I have a undisclosed conviction (IN10) and I have 7 days to explain or my policy is void!
Obviously I Neva got that email so didn't have the chance or even know what was going on so I got straight on the fone to them yday morn asking what the f Censored K is going on and explained I have no points, She said all I need to do is send them a copy of my licence in and they will look into it and reinstate my policy and then she gave me they're fax number, So I rush home from work get my licence then get back to work photo copy all sides and fax it in Plus I rang DVLA to confirm I had a clean licence and I wasn't going mad and they confirmed.
Faxed Admiral the copy, rang them to check they had received it but they said it can take a while so try later, I gave it around 4hrs and rang them got another women on the phone who asked why I was wanting to check they received a fax so I explained the scenario and what the lady in the morn told me to do n she pretty much just said " I don't know why you've bothered we won't even reinstat yor policy and that I'm a liar!" so pretty much somewhere or somehow they have decided I have a conviction and they probably now realise that I don't and that they have cocked up but they still don't give a Toss,
Oh and they charged me £80 for the privilege of being cancelled! What's P' ing me off too is that they neve sent one single letter to my address which I think is absolutely ridiculous!!!! Anyway I got home full of hell and told wor lass the situation and she then told me that she is with Admiral and when she first took her policy out she got a snotty letter off them accusing her of a similar thing but lucky for her she had a bit of notice and her dad wrote them a harsh letter and got it sorted,
So now I've an uninsured motor, 80 quid out of pocket, and waiting for a £503 refund which apparently was sent on the 11th November they've said it's waiting at the bank to be processed yet I've spot to the bank twice now and they haven't even had an attempt from admiral yet!! Big Cry
I'm never ever using them again and first chance wor lass gets she is cancelling them and insuring with some one else

Can I add DIRECTLINE to this list, never, ever, ever use this total arse of a company. Enough said. 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #372228 Mon Feb 04 2013 9:36pm
SturgeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey

I could add all past insurers I have had. The dirty bas Censored rds. And the worse thing is they put the Censored phone down on you if you even raise your Voice. My wife is currently insured with LV. We had to swop our cover over with around 3 months to run and was told that changing from a group 15 Lexus to a group 15 RRS 3.0 was gonna cost her £150 more plus £30 administration cost. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask. When I asked what group they put the RRS in she said they don't do groups which is Censored Censored as all insurers use grouping so they can rip you off even more!!!!!
Years ago you would get a phone call from your insurance broker and he would always come up with a good deal. I was insured with A Plan for years right up to the point they nearly doubled my insurance. In fact, I never use the same insurance anymore because they relied on people being lazy and not bothering to hunt around to find a better deal.

Rant over Big Cry

Has anybody had any good experience with insurance companies? If so, please use the postage stamp provided........ MY 11 RRS Luxury Stornoway Grey Ivory/Black leather contrast stitching Logic7 side steps roof DVD system for the grand daughter. Mercedes SL500 for the summer. Vito Sport X for work. Gone to many to list but what larks

Post #374308 Fri Feb 22 2013 12:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>