RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Sat nav screen turns off when I start the car?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Got fed up waiting for summer to come so bought a new LR battery which is now an upgraded AGM job (Part # LR033179) with a correspondingly eye-watering price of £238 . Charged up fully with CTEK smart charger and installed it carrying out a hard re-set at the same time. On the first start of the engine the Sat Nav didn't re-boot: result I thought!

But on subsequent starts the Sat Nav seems to be doing the re-boot every time. Hoping it is just the cold weather (3 degrees C)? 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #379421 Tue Apr 02 2013 3:42pm
nigethecat

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Similar issue with my 08 HSE but I think my cause is down to location! Sat Nav doesn't re-boot on start up but does every time I get to the end of my road ! Having read previous posts and started to get worried I thought this through and think that it may be due to going down a small but deep dip in the road and hence lost signal... boots back up fine by the time I hit the main road and no issues thereafter..

Has anyone else had a similar experience ? Could my location in Scotland have effect on the angle of signal from satellite (or am I over thinking this) keen astronomer and have problems tracking objects (ISS) due to similar angle issues.

Post #515400 Sun Jan 22 2017 11:09am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Hi Nige,

I have used the Nav system all over the North of Scotland with zero loss of connection/reboot etc. The car and I have been to some pretty weird and wonderful places where I was sure the satnav would not operate, such as Tongue, Betty Hill and Invershin. No problems. So would doubt it is a latitudinal problem.

Don't know if this helps,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #515412 Sun Jan 22 2017 1:17pm
nigethecat

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi Jock,

Thanks, not sure if it clears up the issue... when in normal use the sat nav system seems to work fine but every time I head out it always re boots at the same point, doesn't do it if it's sat by the garage so location seemed to be the only constant... could it be that it's still in start up mode (if there is such a thing) and trying to locate satellites... otherwise must be an electrical problem but would be hard to replicate for the dealer ... baffled but still enjoying the car !! Smile

Are you heading South again at any point ?

Nige'

Post #515414 Sun Jan 22 2017 1:31pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

South is a long way Nige! No I am retired now, and have been for the past 2.5 years. I was in the islands a long time ago when the first exploration campaign was carried out by Shell, Lasmo and Bow Valley back in 1988!! Very remote in those days.

Cheers,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #515432 Sun Jan 22 2017 2:54pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Slightly off toopic but as the power supply for the Sat Nav screen seems to be 'protected' from the drain on cranking, unless of course the battery is drained, could somebody tell me which cables in the main connector to the Sat Nav provide the power as it would be very useful for a tablet install.

Also would the voltage be 12VDC or 5VDC?

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #515537 Mon Jan 23 2017 11:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12