RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > TYREPAL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Endjin

Scotland 

Cheers Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #375585 Mon Mar 04 2013 3:05pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Ordered the Tyrepal on Monday afternoon and received it 9am Tuesday Thumbs Up
Fitted them Tuesday evening and they worked perfectly straight away. Took about
15 mins for the readings to settle down and have been working perfectly since.
The Valve caps are quite big compared to normal ones but have not affected wheel
balance at all. Overall, I'd say this is a great product and at £99 represents great value Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #375830 Wed Mar 06 2013 4:37pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

just thought i would update this Smile

I have run the tyrepal on my car for a few weeks now without issue, though i haven't had a problem either to test its alarm, but i can't see why it wouldn't work as expected

last weekend i towed and switched the sensors to the 4 caravan wheels, the receiver in its normal place (up near the sunroof switch) received a signal and displayed the temp and psi data as it should Razz

takes a minute to transfer from the car, to the caravan using the dust caps from the 'van on the car tyre when switched

the tyre hi/lo pressure setting can be reset in seconds too, though mine are quite near anyway 36/39psi

towing my pressures went up to 42.5psi and temp was around 22c

for piece of mind, well worth the £99 it cost Thumbs Up

Post #382505 Wed May 08 2013 2:39pm
jetbags

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Tyrepal

npinks wrote:
The tyrepal arrived and I fitted it on my car, I found that one sensor was reading 3 psi low

I checked it on my other tyres and against my gauge and definatly reading low

I had to post it all back to them at my own cost, and a week later another arrived, this time it appeared to have been checked as the batteries were in the sensors

Reading are all correct, though I haven't had chance to see if it will work on my caravan tyres and the distance between them and the car, but if it's doesn't work I'll be happy enough using it on my car

I fell for the blurb and purchased one, should have just put £100 straight down the nearest drain ! A total waste of cash for the following reasons:
1. None of the sensors read the correct pressure,even when batteries are removed and everything reset.
2. Using the anti theft device will have you screaming within 5 minutes, a stupid design that means you need an Allen key to undo the smallest of bolts every time you check/adjust your pressures.
3. The screen holder is possibly the worst and nastiest thing I have seen in a lifetime. Impossible to get it to stick to the windscreen and even more impossible to mount/unmount the unit once fitted.
4.At night time there is no light at all on the display rendering the unit unusable.
5.the temperature sensors are a joke, nowhere near accurate which begs the question why bother ?

I have had this unit for a few months now and to be honest I don't even give it a second glance anymore, it will be resigned to the bin once the car is traded in a few months time.
All in all a very poor product which is overpriced and of very poor quality and design......

Hope this helps you guys thinking of a purchase. 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #382520 Wed May 08 2013 5:26pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

How much would you want for it? I know someone who is looking at one Question

Though yours sounds like my original set, which I returned to be replaced and work perfect now

The suction bracket is a little large but I don't use that, the Anti theft device is not used either, the lack of light is not an issue as I don't look at it all the time as it lights up of there was a issue and I can press a button to light up the display if I want to check, the temp gauge was near enough when I checked my tyres with my laser thermometer

Post #382533 Wed May 08 2013 6:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12