Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Tracker Devices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Tracker Devices

Now i know that this can be a sensitive subject and i understand people don't want Tom Dick & Harry to know what security devices are fitted to our vehicles but i am thinking of having one of these trackers fitted to my motor http://www.veh-tech.com/Tracker_Locate.html and just wonded if anyone has got one of these trackers fitted and are they the one to have or is there something else out there worth considering ? I understand you may not want to disclose this information on a public forum which i fully appreciate, then you may PM me if you wish. Many thanks in advance. Thumbs Up

Post #372705 Fri Feb 08 2013 11:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mjbrr

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I can understand classic cars or unique cars having a tracker but normal cars I don't get.

If my car was stolen, thrashed to death and taken abroad I wouldn't want it back. 2009 3.6 TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Post #372709 Fri Feb 08 2013 1:26pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Ady - I have something similar fitted with Smartrack, only to reduce the insurance premiums. Yours looks a much better deal that I paid and it's pretty much an identical product.

If you fancy one it looks good - if I could get decent insurance cover without it I'd probably not bother renewing the annual subs TBH. Downside of living in the leafy burbs I guess Rolling with laughter FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #372722 Fri Feb 08 2013 3:05pm
pjb

We use masternaut on all our vehicles gives total visibility & costs roughly the same as your example with again on line access to 24/7 vehicle location - have a big screen in reception with all vehicles on, saying that it is not really to get stolen vehicles back as in my experience our tracker system is very easy to locate & disconnect Confused Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #372735 Fri Feb 08 2013 4:06pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

pjbrr

The prestige brands pf cars are not often thrashed, they're mostly driven somewhere to wait to see if a tracker device is fitted (i.e. the police turn up!) if its fitted, you just lose your key, if its not fitted, then you lose the car.....

personally I have a tracker fitted and i get them to test the life on the battery and the system once a year to make sure all is as it should be.

I know it still works as I had a phone call when it was on the back of an AA wagon Laughing Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #372746 Fri Feb 08 2013 5:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Thanks for your replies guys Thumbs Up The more i think about it the more i'm thinking against it, Would i want my motor back if it got stolen???? Err no. Ive done a comparison with my insurance quotes with and without and tbh there isn't much in it Shocked I don't live in a high crime rated area and when at home my motor is always in a fully alarmed security locked garage so very low risk there, and its not often i leave it anywhere dodgy infact i don't ever visit essex because my passport has expired Laughing So having weighed up the fors and against i think i will give it a miss, at the end of the day they usually nick these motors to order so chances of me seeing it again if stolen are minimal. Ive always got Gap insurance to fall back on.

Post #372770 Fri Feb 08 2013 8:10pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I have a tracker fitted but only as a way of keeping insurance companies happy. I'd not bother otherwise as, like others have said, I wouldn't want it back after some scrote has ramped it around for a few hours. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #372806 Sat Feb 09 2013 2:00am
mlines

United Kingdom 

I have one of those. Its extra peace of mind knowing its there and its needed for some insurers.

The web application is a bit spooky, especially the analysis graph of your driving speed Shocked

I did wonder what the security status of this data they have collected is, whether it could be used in an insurance situation. However the RRS has a black box fitted as standard so they can analyse the last few seconds of your driving anyway, 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #372819 Sat Feb 09 2013 10:34am
cisco1

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Tracker

For a little piece of mind have a look at :

http://back2you.com/store/product_info.cfm?product_id=75

Post #372858 Sat Feb 09 2013 10:14pm
mike21

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ady, I wouldn't want mine back if it were stolen either. I think the way to go is GAP insurance at least you get back what you paid for your car. Mine's covered up to 4 years old for a one off payment and it was cheaper than a tracker Thumbs Up 2019 BMW X3 2.0i M Sport in metalic black- Brilliant
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Atlantic Grey, replaced with 2018 Frost White Outlander PHEV, can't fault em - now gone
2012 SDV6 HSE in Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass & Side Steps (notice a theme)! - Even better but now gone
2009 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey, 20" alloys, Privacy Glass & Side Steps - Fantastic! but gone

Post #372863 Sat Feb 09 2013 11:13pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

my last insurance quotes, both extremes: tracker fitted with Direct Line £1250, no Tracker fitted, LV Insurance £320, you can guess which one i choose 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #372882 Sun Feb 10 2013 8:33am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Re: Tracker

cisco1 wrote:
For a little piece of mind have a look at :

http://back2you.com/store/product_info.cfm?product_id=75

Smart little device if you want to keep an eye on your company vehicles or even your wifey if you suspect shes playing away Laughing

Post #372942 Sun Feb 10 2013 6:09pm
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Ha is that why your getting one to spy on the wife.... Rolling with laughter Smile

Post #374064 Wed Feb 20 2013 12:59am
TST717

Scotland 

ADY,

Land Rover supplied / fitted and covered by their warranty ( good installation ) I had to have fitted to my RRS to get my Insurance Co to cover it. Better safe than sorry if its a Keeper ......

'The tracking system is a Land Rover Trackstar system,

The category 5 unit is £749 plus subscription of either £189.00 annual or three years at £549, with a tab that must be in the vehicle.

The category 6 unit is £499 plus subscription of either £147.50 annual or three year for £399, you would report it stolen then it would be activated.'

TST TDV8 HSE....Gone but not forgotten ....class act
Cayenne S diesel.....850n/m....385bhp....the danglies ...
SL55 AMG

Post #374069 Wed Feb 20 2013 7:28am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Siberianfox wrote:
Ha is that why your getting one to spy on the wife.... Rolling with laughter

Hey cheeky Shocked I don't know what you mean Shocked Do you know something i don't Question
Nice to see you've made an appearance Thumbs Up

Post #374073 Wed Feb 20 2013 8:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>