RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Idiots at Guy Salmon !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

PaulB

England 
Idiots at Guy Salmon !!

A couple of weeks ago, I took my car into Guy Salmon in Coventry to have one of their "technicians" have a "look" at a steering vibration that I have been experiencing since I've had the car (It has previously been into Trinity in Hinckley on 3 seperate occasions for the same issue, but they hadn't been able to identify or fix the problem).
The "technician" felt the vibration and acknowledged that something was amiss. The day before, I had had new 20" wheels and a new JE exhaust fitted, which he noticed and claimed would have to be put back to standard before he would look at it. I agreed to put the standard wheels back on but maintained that the exhaust had absolutely nothing to do with the vibration A) because the vibration hadbeen there since day one and B) the exhaust had nothing to do with the steering or transmission.
I also pointed out 4 other more minor issues that needed to be addessed, a mirror memory fault, a cruise control fault, a fraying seatbelt and a lose badge. All of which were acknowledged and accepted.
I booked the car in for the above issues to be fixed for yesterday. In the meantime, I had put the original wheels back on as requested.
I took my car in yesterday (22nd June) and was informed that there were also 3 recall issues that neede to be addressed while it was there, including the software upgrade. I was asked if I wanted my car valeting, to which I said "no" as they use a car wash and I'm rather fussy about how my cars get cleaned.
I left my car car with them and made the short walk back to my office. At around 3:30pm, I received a call from GS to say that my car would be ready to collect at the pre-arranged 5:30pm.
When I arrived, my car was parked outside the front looking very clean and shiny. It had clearly been cleaned against my wishes. Not a huge issue, but annoying all the same.
I then sat down at the service desk only to be told that none of the four identified problems had been fixed because they didn't have the parts in stock, in spite of them having had two weeks prior notice. None of the recall issues had been completed because tey didn't have time !! and the vibration issue hadn't even been looked at because I still had the JE exhaust on.
By this time, the Assistant Service Manager was in attendance and I have never met such an arrogant, pompous idiot in all my experience with car dealerships. He clear had no interest whatsoever in addressing the faults with a customer's car. All he wanted to do was absolve himself of all responsibility. He wasn't in the least bit interested in the fact that the vibration pre-dated the exhaust. While it was fitted, he was adament that he wasn't goig to even look at my car.
The bottom line is that while the car had been with them all day, absolutely nothing had been done except wash it, which I had specificallyrequested they don't do.

NOT HAPPY!!!

Paul

Last edited by PaulB on Fri Jun 23 2006 4:51pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #40967 Fri Jun 23 2006 7:48am
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

I (and probably most of us) know how you feel.
It is crazy, why ring to say it was ready if they had done nothing, apart from wash it against your wishes (which I have also had before resulting in nice scratches down both sides, as the sponge must have been covered in grit)

With my last problem my dealer (or should I say ex dealer) took 2 visits to fit a seatbelt, they say they ordered the wrong one first time, have now realised that the bracket where it fixes to the seat is back to front resulting in the lap part being twisted.

Post #40982 Fri Jun 23 2006 9:14am
PaulB

England 

I've now left 3 messages for either the dealer principle or the service manager to call me and so far, neither of them has.
They are clearly far too busy to respond to a customers complaints Banging Head

I would recommend that until they can demonstrate that their customers are important to them, that everyone stay well clear. Maybe without any customers to take up their valuable time, they can get on with whatever it is that is far more important.

Paul

Post #40993 Fri Jun 23 2006 10:22am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

PaulB wrote:
I've now left 3 messages for either the dealer principle or the service manager to call me and so far, neither of them has.
They are clearly far too busy to respond to a customers complaints Banging Head

I would recommend that until they can demonstrate that their customers are important to them, that everyone stay well clear. Maybe without any customers to take up their valuable time, they can get on with whatever it is that is far more important.

Paul

Paul, this is appalling but not surprising!

Inform them politely that you are now taking this directly to LR due to their attitude. This usually gets a response! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #41000 Fri Jun 23 2006 11:15am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Paul why not drive to the dealer, park your car in front of their showroom with a sign stating that this dealer is crap - let's see how quickly the manager speaks to you! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #41002 Fri Jun 23 2006 11:18am
PaulB

England 

VA,
Unfortunately, I have better things to be doing with my time. But if I hadn't, I would certainly be there Wink
I did eventually manage to speak to the Service Manager at around 11:30, who didn't really seem to give a toss. He was more intent on interrupting what I was saying to make excuses than listening to what I had to say. He also claimed that you can't put 20" wheels on a TDV6 because it can't take it........Tosser !!
He said he would go and talk to the Assistant Service Manager and get back to me....still waiting !

Disclaimer:
The views expressed are those of the author and not those of RRSPORT.CO.UK or any other forum member unless otherwise stated. Wink

Paul

Post #41022 Fri Jun 23 2006 12:19pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Paul - did you mention this site? If not tell him he might like to read it. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #41046 Fri Jun 23 2006 1:22pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

...apparantly LR do! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #41051 Fri Jun 23 2006 1:27pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

What a terrible attitude. I asked my dealer if there were any warranty implications about the exhaust and was told as long as I didn't go beyond the cat it was ok. In fact they said it was better because it was now all SS. Strange folk. Rolling Eyes TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #41064 Fri Jun 23 2006 1:48pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Bad luck, Paul - as SuperT says, although this behaviour is unacceptable, it's not really very surprising. Have you gone the LR customer service route? I've no experience of dealing with them myself, but I seem to remember others here having some success with them where a particular dealership hasn't responded quite as it should. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #41068 Fri Jun 23 2006 1:55pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Paul, my advice, write to landrover. I can also give you the name and number of someone VERY high up in Customer Services who has recently solved an issue for me when I went public with it in a motoring magazine after I got no love from LR.

If you want to go down this route send me a PM. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #41080 Fri Jun 23 2006 2:06pm
PaulB

England 

I will call LR customer service, but in the meantime, I have booked it back in again at Trinity in Hinckley.

.....still waiting ! Rolling Eyes

Paul

Post #41082 Fri Jun 23 2006 2:06pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear of your plight Paul Sad

I too was a little dissappointed that Trinity were not able to locare and eliminate my annoying rattle Mad BUT give them credit - they did call me and discussed re-booking the car in again to go out with me for a good test run to further pinpoint this rattle.

However, all the other things its been in for have been sorted OK - apart from my steering vibration/knock - but the more I read/understand this vehicle I now believe it is only noticeable at low speeds at would now seem charactersitic of the RRS Confused = WHO KNOWS Rolling Eyes

As for the exhaust issue = what a plonker - what happens when you change your tyres - will they say that voids your warranty Shocked

They employ some prize pillocks at the dealerships = shame as it lets the brand down Crying or Very sad

Enough of this................. sun's shining............. got a full tank of gas, packet of ( sweets Sad ) I'm wearing sunglasses = HIT IT Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #41162 Fri Jun 23 2006 4:19pm
PaulB

England 

Just to make it absolutely clear, this thread relates to Guy Salmon in Coventry and NOT Trinity in Hinckley.

While Trinity have so far been unable to identify the vibration, they have always been professional and courteous. (Not too sure about their bodyshop though)

Martin,
If I'm passing by and your car is on the drive, I'll drop in to say hello.

Paul

Post #41204 Fri Jun 23 2006 4:49pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

They seam to think that they can treat us like complete idiots. When are they going to realise that forums like this are very powerfull and a lot of the time we know more about the problems than they do.
My ex stealer when I asked for the latest software updates for my 3 month old car said that it would take approx 24 hours to do, plus tie a technician and a service assistant up for most of that time.

I just nodded and calmly said goodbye.

Post #41222 Fri Jun 23 2006 5:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>