RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Why not show number plates on photos?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Why not show number plates on photos?

Can anyone tell me why many people do not show their number plates on photos placed on the internet?
I guess it is for security and possibly to stop car cloners, but what's the difference between posting a photo on the internet and driving your car on the British roads for all to see? Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1768 Thu Aug 18 2005 7:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Hi Matt

I think the idea is that if someone wants to clone, for example, a Range Rover Sport (in order to sell a stolen one or break the law in it), it'd be almost no effort to find a legal plate on a site such as this. I know it won't stop the problem, but why hand the details to them on a plate? Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1769 Thu Aug 18 2005 8:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1