RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Help can't make sense of the servicing schedule on a 3.0tdv6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Rubycool

United Kingdom 
Help can't make sense of the servicing schedule on a 3.0tdv6

Apologies for such a stupid question in advance, but I'm getting conflicting information on servicing schedules. I have a RRS Tdv6 3.0. According to registration docs it was first registered in October 2009, but according to land rover uk 3.0 tdv6 wasn't available until 2010.

Have had the car for just on a year. I've always been relying on the service handbook which says that the service interval is determined by the driving conditions and I should book a service when the service interval indicator comes on. This is also what my owners handbook says.

However the main dealer we bought the car from has phoned today and said that I need to book the car in for a service as it needs a service every 12 months despite what the service book says. I've asked them why the service book doesn't say this and they have just insisted it needs a service every 12 months otherwise the extended warranty is void.

I've then asked what kind of service it needs as land rover uk says the 3.0 tdv6 has an a and a b service. The dealer though has told me that it needs a c service and that this will cost £425. I don't mind paying this if this is the going rate but I'm concerned that I'm being asked to pay for a service which my service handbook doesn't mention, at an interval which again my owner's handbook doesn't mention. I think the dealer is quoting me the service schedule for a 2005 to 2009 model, but as stated above, according to land rover my model didn't become available until 2010.

Any help would be appreciated. The dealer seems to have me put down as a stroppy woman, but as they have been pretty dreadful ever since we've bought the car, I'm not inclined to believe them over the owners manual unless I an confirm it independently

Thanks in advance

Post #368615 Mon Jan 07 2013 11:34pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The model years (MY) don't quite line up with the year itself. I think the MY runs from September - August so your Oct 2009 might be a MY10. The only way to know what MY you have is by looking at the VIN.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...number.pdf

My RRS was first registered in Nov 07 but the VIN tells me it's a MY08.

It's a bizarre way of working but that's car manufacturers for you... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #368622 Tue Jan 08 2013 8:45am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Service interval for the 3.0 TDV6 is 16000 mile / 12 month.

Don't know about "C" service but have a look at this Maintenance Check Sheet

Print it out and check with your dealer as to which service he is referring to. Wink Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #368623 Tue Jan 08 2013 9:05am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

My 3.0 tdv6 was registered nov 2009 and is a 59 plate my10 - I have even seen 09 plate my10's Thumbs Up

Selling Dealer told me servicing calculated by vehicle so not to worry but did not tell me tiny message when you press ignition, no beep and disappears within seconds so unless you look for it you will miss it and invalidate your warranty - Why there is no audible warning and a warning light that stays on like everything else that goes wrong is beyond me Rolling Eyes

I only do about 8k pa but have to get serviced every 12 months for a ransom - swmbo's mini is every 2 years and free Shocked

Servicing dealer advised every 12 months/15000 miles when I asked Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #368627 Tue Jan 08 2013 10:08am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

muddywheels wrote:
.. tiny message when you press ignition, no beep and disappears within seconds so unless you look for it you will miss it and invalidate your warranty..

So true with the earlier models too! Laughing
Ruby, you need to be attentive... Wink Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #368631 Tue Jan 08 2013 11:07am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

MUST be done at least every 12 months OR sooner if the indicator says its required.

I was recently offered two cars that had not been serviced until 14,500 miles but they were over the 12month period.

The dealer's adverts both said 'Full' service history but when I asked Land Rover they said it violated their warranty and they would not honour any claims related the engine or turbochargers.

Needless to say I left them with the dealer.

Post #368692 Tue Jan 08 2013 8:10pm
mse

United Kingdom 

As stated the service interval for most people is an annual one - so expect to service it once a year...thats not to say a few weeks either side matters, but you should be at or around 12 months.

The exception is if you are doing a lot of miles, when the mileage limit kicks in. Personally if you going to do a lot of miles you probably want to service it at a lower than book mileage.

As for Model Years...the MY run starts when the line is tooled or kitted and ready around June/July - my current sport is a 13MY built in July - the invoice, vin number and record will tell you what MY it is...you could have a 09MY registered in 2010 or a 10MY registered in 2009.

Finally i have never seen a C service - speak to a different dealer Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #368694 Tue Jan 08 2013 8:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1