RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Side mirrors move down when gear put into reverse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tlw

United States 
Side mirrors move down when gear put into reverse

I just picked up my RRS from the dealer and when I put the gear shift into reverse to back out, the side mirrors rotate down. The view is then of the ground near the rear wheels. I have a tree to avoid when backing out of my garage and need the mirrors in their proper position. Any ideas on how to keep the mirrors in their proper place? Thanks.

BTW, I had to drive 350 miles from the dealership to get home and I averaged 18.9 g/m. Much better than I thought I would. '06 RRS HSE Chawton White/Alpaca Lux/PTI/Sirius
'04 Ford F250 Super Duty
'01 Jeep Wrangler
'05 John Deere 5320

Post #1761 Thu Aug 18 2005 4:43pm
Biggles

England 

If you go into the settings menu and scroll through you will see the option to switch on or off dipping mirrors select off and exit.
The menu is entered trough the indicator binnacle button marked (I)

Hope this helps. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1762 Thu Aug 18 2005 5:12pm
tlw

United States 

Biggles: Worked like a dream. I should have read the book but haven't had time yet and that tree has been itching to get me for years. Thanks. '06 RRS HSE Chawton White/Alpaca Lux/PTI/Sirius
'04 Ford F250 Super Duty
'01 Jeep Wrangler
'05 John Deere 5320

Post #1764 Thu Aug 18 2005 6:35pm
Tonyshep

United States 

The reason the mirrors do that is so you can see the kerb when you are parking, thus avoiding scratching up your tires and wheels. I tend to use it with the mirror dip set to "off" as well since I don't feel comfortable not being able to see behind me. So far I've avoided scratching my wheels when parking, but I know it's going to happen someday. It's hard not to get anal about this stuff but I'm trying to be realistic about things. After all, as my wife says, "it's just a car" (gulp) right? TONYSHEP

Post #1772 Thu Aug 18 2005 11:06pm
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Strange isn't it Smile I've had 5 Discos before this and never gave them a thought but somehow this car has got to me. It doesn't seem right somehow not to take pride in it.

My wife is the same for once, normally she turns any vehicle into a mobile trashcan. Now, even she takes care in it. Very Happy

Post #1775 Fri Aug 19 2005 8:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Quasimoto

United States 

It's probably also worth noting that one can program the angle of the mirrors when they go into "dip" mode. If one has "mirror dipping" turned on, selects reverse gear, then the mirrors can be adjusted in the usual way. If one then performs a "memory preset" on the drivers seat, the message center displays "Mirror Dip Stored". It's handy that it's tied to the memory function so different drivers can set it to their preference. -QM

Post #1779 Fri Aug 19 2005 12:54pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Are these auto dipping mirrors only on the HSE or above? I have an SE and I can't seem to get a menu up with the info button - it just scrolls through the mileage, distance and so on. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1793 Fri Aug 19 2005 8:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Quasimoto

United States 

If you have memory functions for your drivers-side seat, you should have auto-dipping mirrors. They're factory set to be default "dipping mode". -QM

Post #1794 Fri Aug 19 2005 9:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1