RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Bought a car but its not good could do with advice.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Jamie-G

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Bought a car but its not good could do with advice.

Hello all, I need some advice or help. this is the short form.

I bought a car from a land rover dealer, it cut out on the motorway and loads of problems. mainly electrical. I only had it for 5 days and had to be recovered, got it back to them and they claimed to of fixed it.

initially it they said a coolant leek, then a fuel pump problem. I then went to pick it up and the claimed they had replaced the cd player as it was jammed, I went to put a CD in and it wouldnt accept any at all. the service manager couldnt work it out.

So I handed the car keys back to them as I dont feel that if they didnt fix a simple cd player swap how could they of fixed a major fault. The major fault was the cutting out and I nearly was hit by a lorry.

I have asked for my money back but im having to fight now. I had the car for 5 days and it will be soon time to make my first payment. all the above is without the auful service i have had and been treated so poorly.

I have lost confidence in the staff and the car

what can I do?

thanks all really need help.

Post #367144 Wed Dec 19 2012 9:23pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

So sorry to hear you have had so many problems with your new car, I think that the law states that you have to give the dealer a reasonable time to fix it. Do you have a Landrover warranty if so most of the repairs will be covered and can be done by a local dealer. What is the history of the car? It might be worth sticking with this car and getting the dealer to sort all the problems out at least you will then know what has been done...Good luck.

Post #367145 Wed Dec 19 2012 9:44pm
Kimmea

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

All that in 5 Days..!
Id be looking for my money back and starting again esp if the Stealer is finding it difficult to load a CD... I would be questioning if they are capable of fixing the issues at all.

Post #367152 Wed Dec 19 2012 10:31pm
Kimmea

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Have a read through this:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sal...ur-rights/

Post #367153 Wed Dec 19 2012 10:38pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

More evidence that LR dealers 'Approved Used' policy of thoroughly checking the vehicles over and rectifying faults BEFORE offering them for sale is a complete farce. Believe me, any vehicles brought in to these dealerships, get no more than a quick wash and back on the forecourt. Whistle RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #367154 Wed Dec 19 2012 10:39pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Speak with your finance company. They have interest in this car and should want to help 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #367161 Wed Dec 19 2012 11:30pm
ELD70

United Kingdom 

Change dealer....find one people on here use and are happy with. Been in same situation, second dealer was my saviour.

Post #367163 Thu Dec 20 2012 12:13am
B.Safe

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Ask for the money back, INSIST, SCREAM, CRY. Tell them that you want to kill yourself because of so much stress.

They gave you a car which is not working.

GET RID OF THE CAR ; ask them to give you other car

Once you start with that car having problems they will never end.

Thumbs Up /|\

Post #367168 Thu Dec 20 2012 2:10am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I rejected a TDV8, as per the LR 'Used Car Scheme' (must be inside 30days) - they can
a) offer you agoodwill gesture -say free servicing for 2/3 years to show their faith in the car and their workmanship,
b) replace it with an 'equivalent' car,
c) Refund the invoice value.

In my case after 4 months they'd still not located a close replacement. Two cars were offerred, both more cash (what a surprise) but although both were advertised as 'Full' service history neither had been serviced inside the 12months period LR specified so I walked away. Eventuall got a full refund of the Invoice value.

Make sure if they have the car that your 30 day period of grace is increased by a proportionate amount of time.

Post #367219 Thu Dec 20 2012 2:28pm
DRanged

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Very Annoyed wrote:
Speak with your finance company. They have interest in this car and should want to help

This, if you say it is in merchantable quality re sakes of goods act and you're not paying. The finance company will put pressure on the dealer to sort it.

I hope you get sorted one way or another.

Post #367228 Thu Dec 20 2012 3:57pm
Jamie-G

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Thank you all so much for the replies! it means so much as I feel I am on my own with it all.

That is the short form of the story with out the dealer principle arguing with me for going above him ect, among other things.

today I had a sort of break through as one of the main men called me and they have offered (after establishing i could aford the car and I was not rejecting it because I couldnt afford it Censored ) to let me use my deposit on another car as long as the finance company will play ball and let me return to my initial state.

They wont do it with out the garages say so, I now waiting on the main man again to get back to me to ok it.

Who I bought it through are land rover approved but they have so many garages in there group. I am not sure if I want another sport as my dreams have been smashed to pieces Crying or Very sad

I worked very hard to have my dream car and the garages service from start to finish has been so unacceptable, I shouldn't let it ruin the whole land rover product but I dont know if I could trust a sport again.

anyone have any more advice its all really appreciated, I am glad that other people feel the same as me

thanks again all Smile

Post #367238 Thu Dec 20 2012 5:30pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

The LR site says

"Land Rover Conditional Vehicle Exchange policy
A 30-day/1,000 Mile (whichever is sooner) Exchange Policy for your used Land Rover ".

I'd simply tell your dealer that's what you want; I'd not get into any debate about the "Sale of Goods Act"or unmerchantable quality etc. Just stick to the point.

Post #367240 Thu Dec 20 2012 5:53pm
BigCat8810

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

As per previous contribution you have a 30day exchange option, some dealers will be even more flexible if they care about their customers. If I were in such a position I would put put in writing (send to DP via recorded delivery) that you want to begin the process to find a more suitable vehicle. Whatever course of action you take I would recommend you do so via written communication to ensure there is some audit trail of the dialogue.
Best of Luck and hope you get it sorted. --------------------------------------------------------
RRS TDV8 Black/Black (Gone)
RRS TDV8 Stornaway (Gone)
RR Vogue TDV8 (Gone)
RRS 4.4V8 (Gone)
Defender 110 300tdi (Stolen, much missed)
RR Vogue V8 P38 (Gone)
LR 90 TD (Gone)

Post #367259 Thu Dec 20 2012 10:15pm
pjb

As above if an approved used vehicle then reject it & ask for your money back, it does get complicated when finance companies are involved though - not Hartwells by any chance Exclamation Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #367314 Fri Dec 21 2012 2:22pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Jamie
Sent you a pm, so check mailbox as shown as unread!! 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #367332 Fri Dec 21 2012 4:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>