RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > New member - SA - Chawton white MY08 RRS TDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RichG

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Chawton White
New member - SA - Chawton white MY08 RRS TDV6

Hi guys, Rich here, 28 years old, IT/Estimator, picked up my new (to me) RRS on the weekend and drove it back to Adelaide. Coming from an Audi S4 which is fantastic, but have wanted an off-road capable vehicle since an 8000km road trip to the Atherton tablelands last year, looked at everything including Discos, X5s, XC90s, MLs, Touaregs and eventually settled on the RRS. Loving it so far, fuel economy is 8.4l/100km in my driving environments, which I'm pretty impressed with!

Has the Y style 20's on it at the moment and gloss black highlights in the grilles, but will eventually pick up some smaller wheels with A/Ts of some kind for my road trips, which frequently end up with river crossings and off-road work - yes, not S4 territory!!

So what has everyone done in this regard? What wheel/tyre combos are you running? What should I be doing first to my new RRS? I'm thinking full service and tranny flush - the oil is BLACK. MY08 RRS TDV6, Chawton/Black, sunroof, hk, 268k km
2001 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 5mt sport, 340k km
1990 Nissan Pintara TRX, lots of mods, 438k km

Post #364700 Tue Nov 27 2012 11:25pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Welcome Rich, i had the transmission flushed at 90K by an independent, made a major difference to the smoothness of the auto shift, got the transfer and diff oils done as well.. In regard to smaller wheels, it may be worth pinging disco4x4 on here who i believe can get 18's to fit even the TDv8, they are the compomotive variety, so can take a wider range of tyres.

that aside the Sport in standard footwear is ok for the weekend bush bash, just not maybe a longer trip..

Cheers

Jim Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #364703 Wed Nov 28 2012 7:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1