RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Bird Droppings on paintwork
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Cliff H

United Kingdom 

There was some bird p-- on my bonnet for 24 hours in the baking sun (forgot to get it off yesterday Embarassed ) just wiped it off with a bit of Zaino Z6 (which is just a liquid between wash cleaner) and there is not a mark in the paint at all. Thumbs Up

Post #39942 Fri Jun 16 2006 5:09pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hey Cliff - glad to see another "Z" person on this forum Cool The stuff really works, is easy to use and gives great results - never going back to wax! 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #39959 Fri Jun 16 2006 7:03pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

shmoogle wrote:
Bobby wrote:
shmoogle wrote:
The solution to not having birds mistake your shiny car for a lake, is simply not to wash it. It works for me! My car is so dirty, you can hardly tell its a car. Laughing

The most original idea, so far! Smile Smile

I try, Bobby... I try Wink

What's the latest in your saga? I've been off-air for a couple of weeks, apologies if you've already told us about it Smile

shmoogle, its all here...

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2254&start=75

If all goes well, I'm counting on receiving my car within next week. Unfortunately, I've not received any replies to my last post here... . Sad Sad Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #39970 Fri Jun 16 2006 11:26pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

Do you have a guest sorted for the day yet if not there's a couple of us on here that would love to go Very Happy Very Happy[/quote]

Sorry , my BMW X5 owning brother is coming along with me, I have already asked him otherwise you would have been welcome to it; sorry. It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #40943 Thu Jun 22 2006 9:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Bobby wrote:
shmoogle wrote:
Bobby wrote:
shmoogle wrote:
The solution to not having birds mistake your shiny car for a lake, is simply not to wash it. It works for me! My car is so dirty, you can hardly tell its a car. Laughing

The most original idea, so far! Smile Smile

I try, Bobby... I try Wink

What's the latest in your saga? I've been off-air for a couple of weeks, apologies if you've already told us about it Smile

shmoogle, its all here...

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2254&start=75

If all goes well, I'm counting on receiving my car within next week. Unfortunately, I've not received any replies to my last post here... . Sad Sad

Excellent news, Bobby - personally I'd go for it too, it looks great in the white. Sorry I cannot personally help with your list of things to check... I am quite poor at remembering those sorts of things. All I know is, the answers are probably here if you had the time for a few searches.... 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #40945 Thu Jun 22 2006 9:44pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Singletrack wrote:
I share your enmity for the vermin of the air, but would caution that a car cover is not a good idea for use outside. Car covers are great if you use them to keep dust off a garaged car - outside however, the wind causes the cover to move - any dust or gritty stuff either on the inside of the cover or on the car itself will, with the movement of the cover, damage the finish.

I agree with this, I once had my Range Rover classic under an 'outdoor car cover' for about a month or two. When I came to prepare it for sale I noticed that the paint had some very odd marks which I could not polish out, something (Heat, moisture, dust, abrasion, wind) had made the paint dulled all over. I was gutted and would never use one again. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #43548 Mon Jul 03 2006 4:15pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Heard on LBC the other day that a freshly stewed teabag placed on the highly alkaline poo will do a good job of safely removing it from your paint finish.

Regarding revenge, since seaguls cannot fart, if you happen to have a sardine stuffed with an alka seltzer tablet /or sodium bicarb - throw it up to the suspect critter to swoop down and eat , wait about 30 seconds, BOOM, critter explodes.. Twisted Evil Sincere apologies to all twitters. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #43602 Mon Jul 03 2006 9:05pm
spearsy

Re: Good one from Stratstone Woburn Green

Peter wrote:
Called Stratstone Woburn Green today re : the bird poo and guess what?

They have agreed to re-do the JewelUltra Diamond Brite treatment as they say the bird sh!t should not have damaged the paint like I said it did.

Good on 'em thats what I say

How much did you originally pay for the Diamond brite treatment?

Post #58238 Wed Sep 27 2006 4:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123