Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > 05 sport egr problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

eddercloon

Ireland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green
05 sport egr problem

hi

My 05 hse sport is making me mad, egr valves fitted last year cost 700 euro approx as they were sticking fitted new ones by toppings main agent for land rover, then a few months after that i headed off to a land rover dealer had the valves blocked off. The result seems to be more power better fuel consumption, but when i over take something or put the engine under pressure, the nightmare happens all over again, it starts going into limp mode. So we have to stop turn off engine and all is fine again as long as you drive it like a morris minor or like a little old lady.
Some other land rover dealer said that blanking off the valves is not always succesfull, as they sometimes have to bore two small holes into the blanking plates.
This car has only 50k miles on clock looks like new and never seen any sort of hard work. Neutral Thomas

Post #361096 Sun Oct 28 2012 3:44pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

For your year, blanking the valves is perfectly fine. Although the limp home mode sounds more like fuel problem. Have you fitted a cheap fuel filter to it instead of the LR one. This has proven to cause many problems like yours in the past.

What error codes are they getting to determine its the EGR's at fault again. 8 months is not long at all. Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #361113 Sun Oct 28 2012 7:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eddercloon

Ireland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

Next week i will have a new filter and oil change done, and see if this will fix problem, i will find out what fault codes are showing also and report back later, the car was serviced in a land rover place not a main dealer, i was wondering what type of oil they used was it correct or not and if not maybe the filter was not correct also.

The other thing is i live in Ireland and over here we have a thing called green deisel for the farmer, if about -50p per lit, the criminals over here and we have lots of them, get the green deisel and burn the dye out of it with silphuric acid, its then sold to the forcourts and it causes damage to common rail engines. Thomas

Post #361124 Sun Oct 28 2012 9:03pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

It might be an EGR cooler that is leaking and causing the premature EGR failure, i had one replaced on my 06 plate sport with only 51000 miles on the clock,

Post #361125 Sun Oct 28 2012 9:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1