RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Photos, Videos & Media > In-car camera files
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>

SRE

Spain 

Google
BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #392231 Mon Aug 19 2013 6:06pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

This is off Fullfatrr - I am ashamed to be a vanner Shocked

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic20263.html

Don't mention towing mirrors Whistle Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #392563 Fri Aug 23 2013 11:05am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i had something very similar happen to me years ago, two lanes, right to go straight ahead, left to filter left at the approaching lights

the old chap towing his caravan in the left lane, just pulled in to the right hand lane clobbering me with his caravan and kept on driving non the wiser

I have to chase after him, over take when safe and pull him over to point out he had hit me off the road

big hole in his caravan side, me missing a wing mirror and whole side of car damaged with dents and scrapes

could not believe it when he first said he hadn't hit me, until i showed him the same colour paint all the way down his caravan side

he had no mirrors either Evil or Very Mad

Post #392566 Fri Aug 23 2013 11:28am
Beancounter_74

England 

That's shocking. Shocked
I'd have been having a word with that bloke too, even though he didn't actually hit the FFRR. Evil or Very Mad ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #392570 Fri Aug 23 2013 11:45am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

It does actually look like he did - unbelievably Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #392574 Fri Aug 23 2013 12:00pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Phew!!! Shocked That was close. Muddy why should you be ashamed of how other caravanners drive? Your not responsible for how others drive. Whistle (Are you) I think i would be sending a copy to the local constabulary for them to follow up. Wink Thats dangerous driving in my book. Driving without due care and attention. Whistle

Post #392575 Fri Aug 23 2013 12:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'd hope that if the chap took that film to the police that they'd do something. I fear, however, that they'd just tell him to go away.

I'd have followed the 'van and got him to stop and demanded his insurance details. With the video as evidence his insurance company would pay out and, hopefully, he'd lose his NCB too which would make it hurt his wallet a bit more. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #392595 Fri Aug 23 2013 6:02pm
nicedayforit

United Kingdom 

It was me that took the video.
I did contact the police and surprisingly they took it seriously explaining that if I hadn't had such a clear video it would have been my word against the other driver and as such they wouldn't have persued the matter.
They reckon it was a clear case of careless driving.
The next bit is interesting. I was basically given the choice, if I wished they would take a full statement from me including copies of the video and proceed to charge him with careless driving or alternatively with my agreement they would not persue the charge but would instead send him an official letter indicating that the inappropriate standard of his driving had been drawn to their attention by a member of the public, including outlining the circumstances, and basically warning him/her that any further such report would result in prosecution.
Having thought about it and taking into account the caravan did not actually hit my car, the fact I would have to drag myself to Court as a witness and the cost to the public of bringing the case I decided on the second option.
If it turns out the driver rejects the letter and sticks two fingers up I apparently still have the choice of the first option. Very Happy
Whether I made the right choice or not, time will tell. I would hope to get an apology in due course.
If he had actually hit my car, things would have been different. Evil or Very Mad
The incident does go to show however the benefit of in-car video which I would now be reluctant to be without.
Not only from a prosecution point of view but also an insurance point of view.
Assuming of course the video always shows you not to be in the wrong. Laughing

Post #392617 Fri Aug 23 2013 9:34pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Considering it didn't hit you vehicle, i think you have made the right decision, for now. As you say, if an apology is not received, then they deserve the full force of the law. Thanks for coming forward and updating us of the situation. Good luck with the apology. Thumbs Up

Post #392786 Sat Aug 24 2013 10:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PEACHY

England 
BlackVue

I recorded this a few months ago - I can honestly say I Censored myself when I played it back. The speed limit is 30MPH. If you pause the recording just as I approach the child you can see his mothers face & just how close I come to hitting him. Since that day I do not go over 25 around that bend Sad

This post has been edited by the site administration team
merged into in car camera thread
 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #393135 Thu Aug 29 2013 1:13pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

that was very close, you can't see him behind the bollard and then he just starts off

Could have ended a whole lot differently, but atleast the blackvue would have helped if it had

Post #393136 Thu Aug 29 2013 1:22pm
PEACHY

England 

To be honest Nick - my wife has told me to delete the file but it just reminds me of how near you can come to a life changing incident - I have caught a few crazy things on the BlackVue but that was by far the most sobering. Sad 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #393137 Thu Aug 29 2013 1:27pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

thing is they do take less than a second to happen, and with what i saw i don't think you could have done anything if he was that fraction earlier, in a 30 doing 31 (and taking in to account the gps could infact be wrong) and a boy playing with the bollard and just running off after his mum when for who know she could have shouted at him to get a move on without thinking, we'll never know

Put it down to lifes learning, know that that area has kids and maybe slow down a little, as the TV adverts say the kids have more chance of surviving at 20 than 30mph, my blackvue has slowed me down and made me more aware as it records other mistakes as well as your own Thumbs Up (thats my opinion and not a preach Laughing )

Post #393139 Thu Aug 29 2013 1:40pm
jetbags

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Blackvue warning

Hi all,
Having seen the previous posts relating to the Blackvue system I decided to invest in the latest model, complete with the power saver module and most importantly INSTALLATION.

The unit took an age to arrive, prompted by an email asking why it had not been delivered. After several more days waiting the installation was finally booked. On the day of installation the engineer arrived and began installing the unit, some 30 mins later it was complete.
All great and up and running, until that is some 3 hrs later when I return to my car and turn the ignition key, the car starts up and immediately the camera declares " system is shutting down". That's it, nothing, it's as dead as the proverbial dodo.
an immediate call to the service number brings a promise that the engineer will call me back immediately, you guessed it, it never happened.
One very angry email later was replied to with another false promise all of which I am wholly sick of listening to.

To rub salt in the wound, thinking it may just be a blown fuse, I decided to take a look at the fuse box, behind the glovebox, only to find that the under tray had literally just been rammed back in place with none of the screws or alignment pins even close.
Further inspection has found that he has cut into the wiring loom so I have absolutely no idea what fuse to look for to see if it has blown, there are hundreds in the box and access as you know is almost impossible for me and my chubby fingers !!

You can imagine the phone call that will take place on Monday I just hope they don't send the same muppet back that tried the last time.

Note to self: don't trust anyone !! 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #394210 Sat Sep 07 2013 5:09pm
ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Who did your install, naming may help other members avoid the same situation. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #394285 Sun Sep 08 2013 11:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>