Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 19" vs 20" - Roadnoise/Handling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Claus

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
19" vs 20" - Roadnoise/Handling

Hi,

If you were to compare the OEM 19" HSE wheels to the OEM 20", what would you say the differences are? Is the ride comfort much worse on the 20"?

Thanks,

C

Post #38333 Sun Jun 11 2006 11:17pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

It depends if you have the Dynamic pack fitted or not.

This topic has been discussed at length, loads of times before. Do a search through Supertrotters posts, he has recently swapped his 19"s for 20" stormer alloys. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #38335 Sun Jun 11 2006 11:21pm
texas911

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

I had an LR3 with 19's and it was quiet as could be and smooth even at highway speeds. My RRS has 20inch wheels and the road noise is very noticeable and the ride stiffer. I don't know if its the bigger wheels or the sport suspension, but I'm sure the wheels contribute. 2006 RRS Silver/Black

Post #38336 Sun Jun 11 2006 11:22pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Claus, it depends if you have Dynamic Response fitted. Unfortunately I don't and have replaced my 19's for OE 20" Stormers.

It makes the ride a lot more 'Crashy' over imperfections, 'Jiggly' driving down B-roads and tyre noise is quite a bit more noticable.

I just can't get past the looks - Java on Stormers looks fantastic and Mrs ST is now happy with my 20"s............ Shocked Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #38447 Mon Jun 12 2006 10:32am
noddy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

hello chaps

I've got Dynamic Response and 20" wheels on my TDV6, but these were fitted at the factory so I haven't driven a car without these bits so can't make the comparison.. I do find that it's crashy & boomy from the rear wheels and I've also got a curious knocking on the front suspension when travelling over uneven roads/ potholes. It sounds to me like the noise at the front is from worn/ poorly located anti-roll bar drop links but the dealer reckons it's in the steering rack.. so far they have had the car for 6 days in the last couple of weeks to solve this, and have fitted a new rack, but the noise is still there. Work in progress I'm afraid. Will post updates as and when I have anything to report. Confused

Nodster RRS Supercharged
Java/ Ivory

'94 F355, '90 M3 Evo, '95 Integrale Evo, '97 Cooper S Works, '84 911 Cab, '89 911 Speedster, '85 6R4, '59 Routemaster and something sensible for the Mrs

Post #38845 Tue Jun 13 2006 9:01am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I've driven the TDV6 on 19's - but as I drive the s/chrgd Rolling Eyes all I can say is the TDV6 was a lot smoother/cushioned. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #38896 Tue Jun 13 2006 11:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1