RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > F1.. Lewis signs for Mercedes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If he gets there and blows Nico away then he'll look great because Nico kept Schuie honest. If, however, Nico is as fast or faster then Lewis will look a bit silly. People will question whether he was ever any good.

I think Lewis will be quicker than Nico, by the way. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #358278 Sun Sep 30 2012 9:45am
Gerico

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

I feel Lewis has gone to Mercedes for the money, the brand and the marketing (sponsorship) oppourtunities. Nico regularly beat him in karting and F2. I think Lewis is overated and was in the right place at the right time to woo Ron Dennis at McLaren. He is a bit immature and acts like a spoilt brat at times. He was lured away from being managed by his dad - I can understand that. He was dazzled by bright lights and promises of greatness.

Just my opinion, I like Ross Brawn and everything he has done but would have preferred to see someone like Paul Di Resta take the seat and hope Ross hasn't made an expensive mistake. McLaren will be saving a fortune and will count themselves lucky in the future.

Lewis is an ex world champion but he was very very lucky that Glock let him pass on the last corner of the last lap in Brazil. He could (and should) have wrapped up the championship much earlier but inexpierience and immaturity meant he almost threw it away.

Good luck to Perez and Button at McLaren. No way will Jenson be asked to help Lewis now.

Post #358289 Sun Sep 30 2012 1:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12