RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2006 MY Navigation destination entry
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Roland

Switzerland 
2006 MY Navigation destination entry

Do you guys reckon it will be possible for a dealer to upgrade our 2006MY Nav systems to allow destination entry on the move ...will be standard on 2007MY cars.... or do you expect the new cars to come with a completely new unit?

So far I could live with Umerto's hack, but wouldn't it be nicer to have that feature enabled all the time. SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #37962 Sat Jun 10 2006 6:48am
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Btw, who knows what kind of navigation system rrs has? siemens vdo, philips vdo, dayton vdo or something else? 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #37966 Sat Jun 10 2006 7:33am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

correct my if i am wrong - its Denso... 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #37971 Sat Jun 10 2006 7:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tf9

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
correct my if i am wrong - its Denso...

Thanks, Angel!

For some reason Land Rover doesn't have navigation soft for Russia Sad While BMW, Lexus and many other do have... As far as I know Before 2004 Range Rover had philips navigation (same that is on BMW), so using original bmw nav disc for X5 was the solvation... Denso is used in Lexus I think, I'll try to use lexus nav disc Smile 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2013 BMW 530d

Post #37976 Sat Jun 10 2006 8:04am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Roland - don't know the answer to that one yet - but I am assuming it is the same nav hardware and hoping an upgrade to the firmware will make navigation on the move possible. However, there is a redesign of the instrument panel - depending how extensive it is - they might have moved to a different nav unit. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #37977 Sat Jun 10 2006 8:24am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Roland - don't know the answer to that one yet - but I am assuming it is the same nav hardware and hoping an upgrade to the firmware will make navigation on the move possible. However, there is a redesign of the instrument panel - depending how extensive it is - they might have moved to a different nav unit. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #37978 Sat Jun 10 2006 8:25am
Roland

Switzerland 

Singletrack wrote:
However, there is a redesign of the instrument panel - depending how extensive it is - they might have moved to a different nav unit.

I only hope they are not going to change/improve the panel and the interior too much. That would be a real shame cause our still very new 2006 cars would immediately look kind of dated. Embarassed

I always hated manufacturers facelifting/improving their cars every year or so, like the japs used to do. It's just unfair to the original buyers, isn't it?

Could it be that LR under Ford have become a bit too greedy? SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #37981 Sat Jun 10 2006 9:03am
tf9

Roland wrote:
Singletrack wrote:
However, there is a redesign of the instrument panel - depending how extensive it is - they might have moved to a different nav unit.

I only hope they are not going to change/improve the panel and the interior too much. That would be a real shame cause our still very new 2006 cars would immediately look kind of dated. Embarassed

I always hated manufacturers facelifting/improving their cars every year or so, like the japs used to do. It's just unfair to the original buyers, isn't it?

Could it be that LR under Ford have become a bit too greedy?

Can you imagine how disappointed s/c users would be: the s/c rrs 2007 will be availible only in HST form... so everyone from distance of 200 meters would be able to say that your car is OLD Sad

The only way to stay happy is to do full facelift for your own money... like I did in 1999 with my bmw 740i... i bought the car right before the facelift Sad so i had to pay almost 9k extra to make my car look like new Sad 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2013 BMW 530d

Post #37983 Sat Jun 10 2006 9:12am
Roland

Switzerland 

....yes, but BMWs and Mercs usually remain unchanged for three if not fours years before the first facelift. Main reason being resale values.

With the RRS they start to mess around after only one year of production. Silly indeed, and it's pretty obvious who is going to pay for it! SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

Post #38018 Sat Jun 10 2006 12:17pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

[quote="tf9"]

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
... Denso is used in Lexus I think

yep thats correct

Post #38108 Sat Jun 10 2006 11:32pm
grommet

United States 

We'll need to wait to see if anything electronically changed... if the core unit is the same, it might be possible... but I wouldn't bet that a dealer will be able to "upgrade" a '06 (or '05, in the case of Disco 3/LR3) in a "supported" manner. But you can hope...

Post #38154 Sun Jun 11 2006 3:19am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

tf9 wrote:
XXXAngelXXX wrote:
... Denso is used in Lexus I think

yep thats correct

BS ! 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Last edited by XXXAngelXXX on Mon Jun 12 2006 10:23am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #38341 Mon Jun 12 2006 7:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Roland wrote:
Singletrack wrote:

Could it be that LR under Ford have become a bit too greedy?

Don't get too carried away Gents, there are no major changes to the vehicles facia. They are moving the clock from the radio display to the drivers binnacle message centre, ans swapping the dials around. Apart from that everything is staying pretty much as it is. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #38356 Mon Jun 12 2006 9:24am
Roland

Switzerland 

well, these are good news then TB ! SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

Post #38381 Mon Jun 12 2006 10:12am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Angle that vid in your signature is sick Shocked Confused RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #38384 Mon Jun 12 2006 10:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>