RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Tonight I am glad mine isn't Chawton White.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Tonight I am glad mine isn't Chawton White.......

The Sport was 1 today so I treated to a nice Zaino Wax wash tonight in the cool of the setting sun.
RRUK - that stuff might be expensive but by god it does bring the shine up well, even though I only washed the car with their shampoo and didn't wax it. BUT we have only one set of road works round here at the moment and I have loads and loads of TAR on the lower panels which is very well hidden by the Giverny paint. Had the car been Chawton I would probably have been out there every evening this week cleaning the black spiders webs off it.
Also I haven't been religious about washing it myself prefering to use the nearest hot jetwasher but I have noticed I am getting a few good scratches on it.
I managed to reverse the nearside rear corner of the bumper slowly onto a sharp edged frame sticking out in a multistorey carpark today and made a nasty dent in the rear bumper................ tonight during the washing it has almost disappeared as the plastic has reformed, just a little bit of paint damage to show it's been in the wars.
I'll have to do the Defender with it tomorrow! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #37905 Fri Jun 09 2006 6:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Tim, the Zaino polish is fantastic, I have been using it for a year now nothing else I have tried has come anywhere near.
Have you got the full kit?
Start with the clay bar and work your way through to a few coats of Z2.
Takes a bit of effort but is well worth it for the result.

Post #37912 Fri Jun 09 2006 6:37pm
Tim in Scotland

Cliff yes, RRUK suggested it a while back and I bought the full set.

What does the clay stick do? I was under the impression it should only be used to get things like bird sh*t and the like off. I'll have a go on the tar with it tomorrow! I also used an Autoglym micro fibre drying cloth to dry it off and that also made a good job. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #37913 Fri Jun 09 2006 6:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

The clay bar is the first in the process of getting the paintwork smooth, gets rid of anything thats not meant to be there I suppose but does not remove paint (although it looks horrendous when you do it).
Before you use the clay bar you should wash the car again using a strong concentration of washing up liquid to help kill off any existing polish.

I would print off the instructions from www.zaino.com and have a good read before starting, it is quite a process!!! but as I say well worth it in the end.

Let me know how you get on and fire away with any questions Very Happy

ps I only ever use microfibre cloths on the car and you will need quite a few for the whole process. Wink

Post #37916 Fri Jun 09 2006 7:01pm
texas911

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Clay bar is fantastic! Do this, even after you've washed and waxed your car, run your hand over the paint. Its slick but not smooth. Now clay it, then you'll see what paint should really feel like.

Here is my tip on how to use it. It'll save you some time. I go ahead and wash and wax (Zaino Z2) then I use the Z8 gloss enhancer with the clay bar. The Z8 acts like a lubricant and gloss enhancer at the same time. 2006 RRS Silver/Black

Post #37923 Fri Jun 09 2006 7:52pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Hi guys,

I've always used meguiars in the past - decent finish for a decent price.

Is Zaino a superior product?

Kaine

Post #37924 Fri Jun 09 2006 7:57pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Kaine I read lots of reviews that compared all the top brands, megs, zymol etc and Zaino always came out tops.

There is only one place in the UK that supplies it but I have just managed to find one place in America that would ship it over.

Post #37925 Fri Jun 09 2006 8:01pm
Tim in Scotland

It is also very expensive! I bought a kit of the various solutions and it cost £110!. I threw the docket that came with the kit out yesterday so cannot tell you where in the UK I bought it but the USA end have a website at www.zainostore.com
If you search the forum using Zaino there is a post from March somewhere with the UK website addy on it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #37930 Fri Jun 09 2006 8:24pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

thanks Tim,

just found a UK site via google - www.advancedcarproducts.com

Kaine

Post #37931 Fri Jun 09 2006 8:26pm
Tim in Scotland

and here is the ebay webshop
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zaino-Car-Polish-Sho...dZViewItem

That's the kit that I bought 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #37932 Fri Jun 09 2006 8:29pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Thanks again Tim

just e-mailed a friend who runs a cleaning products company to see if he can get the Zaino products - he sources all my meguairs for me and very low prices - be interesting to see if he can get it

Kaine

Post #37936 Fri Jun 09 2006 8:33pm
texas911

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Zaino for me isn't the top finish for shine, there are a few others that will give incredible shine(with lots of work and money), what I love about Zaino is its longevity. It literally still beads like a fresh coat of wax even after 6 moths! It costs a little more, but not compared to really high end waxes. Its worth it not to have to wax your car every month. 2006 RRS Silver/Black

Post #37955 Fri Jun 09 2006 10:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1