RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Pics of my RRS...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

texas911

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

No it expires on June 21. I could have just drove around for another two weeks with teh paper plate. Unlike in England, you get new plates when you get a new car. Do you keep yours forever? That would be cool. 2006 RRS Silver/Black

Post #38656 Mon Jun 12 2006 4:10pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

texas911 wrote:
No it expires on June 21. I could have just drove around for another two weeks with teh paper plate. Unlike in England, you get new plates when you get a new car. Do you keep yours forever? That would be cool.

Yes you can if you want but it costs............... I ran 5 cars consecutively on the plate L550 FMS, the only reason being that I had 3 trailers, & 2 lighting bars and paying the transfer fee was less than getting all the new plates made up - also makes remembering your number easy!
When I bought my Defender 90 it had a nice plate on it (D90 DEF) but unfortunately the previous owner had transferred it to his new car so I went to the Dept for Transports number plate sales website and found 2 consectutive plates in the same series Pxxx MUD (P is the year [1996] of 1st registration of the Defender and I couldn't put on a plate that made it look newer). I bought 2 plates as I also had another Land Rover that was newer (you can make cars appear older than they are!). The Defender has always had the same plate but every time I buy a new car the other number gets transferred to the new one. AND being a tightar*e I get the dealer to give me back the old set so that I have a few spares to cover breakage and also to ensure that my old car doesn't get sold with my "private" or "cherished" plate on it.
Kam100 has kept the plate on his old Merc "on retention" that means he has paid a fee to keep the plate registered to him (rather than to a car) but he doesn't have another car to put it on yet.
The Government actually makes a lot of money out of the "sale of marks" as they call it, some plates sell for vast sums.............. I paid £250 each for my 2 MUD plates.
Over in the USA you also have a similar system, I think you call them Vanity Plates! Laughing
Here is the website in the UK were you can buy from the Government
www.dvla-som.co.uk but there are commercial companies that also sell number plates on behalf of clients. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #38687 Mon Jun 12 2006 4:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
texas911

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Yes we have vanity plates but the cost extra, but at a flat rate. 2006 RRS Silver/Black

Post #38761 Mon Jun 12 2006 8:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12