RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Big Moan!!!!!!!!!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

crookedm

I disagree. I don't have to have the vocabulary of Stephen Fry to describe what you where being last night.
When such a fitting word describes ones infliction then why not use it to portray what I thought.

I hope James sorts your problem. Today is a new day maybe you've woken up a more relaxed person. Don't take it personally everyone has bad service or feels they deserve more and rightly so. Maybe this was your turn.

Good luck with your purchase.

Post #356005 Sat Sep 08 2012 1:00pm
Cheney Jawa

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

slick17 wrote:
Cheney Jawa wrote:
crookedm wrote:
slick17 wrote:
crookedm wrote:
I get it fine thanks Very Happy I'm just not that naive to think the service industry (in this country especially) evolves around me.
It doesn't.

Everyone expects good service, whether a current or potential customer however you also have to realise your expectations won't always be met. You're one unhappy customer out of maybe several happy customers who actually visited LPR today.
Big deal. Man up, put your pride aside and contact them again, if on the second attempt they fail you walk away.

OK...Final comment.

1.Unfortunately, you are that naive. without complaints and customers pulling up businesses on their bad service the levels of service would not only not improve ( why would they?) they would go downhill.
2. Customer service does evolve round you me and every other customer...just cause you don't demand it doesn't mean it doesn't or shouldn't be there.
3.It has nothing to do with pride ( see you don't get it) It has to do with service. If they let me down on this, what else can/will they let me down on...why should I take a chance?

Thank & good night Very Happy

My last reply would be "you sir are an arse."

I couldn't have put it better myself Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

That's because you and crookedm don't have the vocabulary to do so...abuse and name calling the last refuge of the illiterate Laughing Laughing

You are quite a sensitive sole aren't you! Laughing

I didn't see any abuse in this thread & as for name calling I think it was a more apt description for the content of your posts!! Laughing

I deal with with people like you every day of the week, wholly unreasonable 'ass's' who automatically think the world is against them!!

The reality is, in this instance it was an unfortunate set of circumstances that a proven supplier did not get back to you, probably a perfectly reasonable reason or dare I say a MINOR indiscretion by an individual.

But for that YOU are taking them to the cleaners!! Rolling Eyes

I own my own business and although I say it myself a Censored good one with exceptional customer service, but on the very rare occasion it doesn't go to plan you guarantee there is someone like you ready to 'suck the life blood' out of us!!!

All I can say & as the younger generation would say is, 'get a life' Laughing Laughing Laughing Owner of MY13 RRS Red Edition, Santorini Black, Ebony with Lunar, Privacy Glass & Exterior Design Pack

Post #356007 Sat Sep 08 2012 3:05pm
crookedm

Wow!

Not just me, that's good.

I still wish him good luck.

Post #356008 Sat Sep 08 2012 3:11pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

fkarim wrote:
I get that with LPR too sometimes. The thought of ringing them back after a couple of hours doesn't bother me much (despite being THE customer) and that usually gets me the response I am after. Not to mention saves me some stress waiting for the phone to ring.

May be I am the pushover type who just wrongly assumes they must be busy and I am not the only customer. I am now worried that I need to get some more ego Embarassed

On the contrary.... I think in most circumstances it makes you quite 'normal' to act in that way and not lambast someone for the smallest mistake 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #356036 Sun Sep 09 2012 4:55am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

andman wrote:
On the contrary.... I think in most circumstances it makes you quite 'normal' to act in that way and not lambast someone for the smallest mistake

Thank you (PHEW!) Whistle

Post #356040 Sun Sep 09 2012 8:14am
Kensta

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I see your point Slick it's poor customer service when you make the effort to contact someone with intent to hand money over to them for a service and someone says theyl ring u back and they dont or your waiting for a response and nothing happens , I'd just take it as a sign and take your money elsewhere to someone who does have the time to help u out Java black 2006

Post #356041 Sun Sep 09 2012 8:15am
slick17

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Kensta wrote:
I see your point Slick it's poor customer service when you make the effort to contact someone with intent to hand money over to them for a service and someone says theyl ring u back and they dont or your waiting for a response and nothing happens , I'd just take it as a sign and take your money elsewhere to someone who does have the time to help u out

Thank you Kensta..........it's not rocket science. Customers should always be critical..after all it's their hard earned money that they are handing over. If a business cannot provide at a minimum "good service" they don't deserve your business. Sure everyone makes mistakes, but in business you pay for those mistakes!

After all this is "capitalism" only the strong survive!

And to all of those who have rushed to defend " LPR" in this instance, but it could be any business for that matter...Why are you taking it upon yourselves to defend a business..unless it's your business or you work for it....doesn't make sense to me.

Businesses and /or their management can defend themselves...as James is doing. S/C 06 Black

Post #356044 Sun Sep 09 2012 9:37am
Nice But Dim

England 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Similar thing happened to me recently. Called my nearest dealer to book a service and was told they would call me back, no one did so i thought ok then and went to another dealer who were polite and prompt but unfortunatley let me down on the service, no service reset, car kept overnight with no reason, no phone call or agreement and over charged on what they quoted me.

Now in need of work doing, (airbag light and sticking door ) so called original dealer, same thing, "will call you back sir" and guess what...nothing! Twice that day i called, same thing.

I have two Dealers near me, nothing else i can trust, i see it as i own a premium car and pay premium prices so i do expect a certain privileged service form LR ( is that wrong? ) at the very least a call back.

I own my own business and from experience i understand that if i ignore potential customers, they simply go elsewhere, i loose revenue and potentially more customers from recommendations they may give (common sense )

Anyway, now decided to buy the tools and fix the car myself, will probably die doing it or loose a limb or two but its better than giving my car to the monkeys at my local back street garage i reckon.

P.S both garages i mention where neither LPR. --------------------------
RRS S/C, Java Black
X-Type Jag sport
LR D2 GONE
BMW 540 GONE

Post #356047 Sun Sep 09 2012 10:50am
slick17

Nice But Dim wrote:
Similar thing happened to me recently. Called my nearest dealer to book a service and was told they would call me back, no one did so i thought ok then and went to another dealer who were polite and prompt but unfortunatley let me down on the service, no service reset, car kept overnight with no reason, no phone call or agreement and over charged on what they quoted me.

Now in need of work doing, (airbag light and sticking door ) so called original dealer, same thing, "will call you back sir" and guess what...nothing! Twice that day i called, same thing.

I have two Dealers near me, nothing else i can trust, i see it as i own a premium car and pay premium prices so i do expect a certain privileged service form LR( is that wrong? ) at the very least a call back.

I own my own business and from experience i understand that if i ignore potential customers, they simply go elsewhere, i loose revenue and potentially more customers from recommendations they may give (common sense )

Anyway, now decided to buy the tools and fix the car myself, will probably die doing it or loose a limb or two but its better than giving my car to the monkeys at my local back street garage i reckon.

P.S both garages i mention where neither LPR.

No not wrong at all!!!!... `too many people on here ,and in general willing to put up with Censored . If that is what they want..that's what they will get. Shocked S/C 06 Black

Post #356048 Sun Sep 09 2012 11:13am
crookedm

slick17 wrote:
And to all of those who have rushed to defend " LPR" in this instance, but it could be any business for that matter...Why are you taking it upon yourselves to defend a business..unless it's your business or you work for it....doesn't make sense to me.

Businesses and /or their management can defend themselves...as James is doing.

That's the whole point only the strongest survive, perhaps that's why so many people rushed to defend LPR because they haven't read or had bad experiences from them so would like the stronger to continually survive!

Just because they don't run the business doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't defend it. I've never spoken to anyone from LPR face to face but James has replied to a few of my posts on here which weren't leads to business for him or even potential earners. In my view someone who spends time on here actively participating in threads is clearly someone who values what he does and his position.

I think you clearly don't see that people acted like this on here as its one of the first posts slating LPR, it's not particularly a die hard LPR forum it's just that your comments haven't been felt by or experiened by others. You where annoyed so voiced an opinion free country so why not? For every opinion there will always be people who agree or don't.

Khan the other day got a grilling by someone, on further investigation he was a bitter ex employee clearly jealous of the owners wealth. Similar thing happened, he was given opinions by others. Not Khan staff, forum members! Shocked guess people who have positive feedback should stay quiet and let the countries pessimists rule the day.

I hope you get the issues ironed out and reading the replies it looks like you will. I look forward to seeing your pictures once you purchase.

Post #356049 Sun Sep 09 2012 11:31am
slick17

Crookedm...I appreciate your viewpoint. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree Very Happy S/C 06 Black

Post #356050 Sun Sep 09 2012 11:42am
crookedm

slick17 wrote:
Crookedm...I appreciate your viewpoint. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree Very Happy

Deal! Good luck with the purchase Thumbs Up

Post #356051 Sun Sep 09 2012 11:47am
Lookers Park Royal

crookedm wrote:
slick17 wrote:
Crookedm...I appreciate your viewpoint. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree Very Happy

Deal! Good luck with the purchase Thumbs Up

For clarity, Slick17 left a message for our service Manager to get a price for some work, not to purchase a vehicle. Although I intend to fully report my findings, I thought it best to clarify, as a couple of posters have referred to a purchase which in most LPR threads relates to vehicle purchase as opposed to labour and parts purchase.

More news tomorrow! Thumbs Up

James Thumbs Up

Last edited by Lookers Park Royal on Sun Sep 09 2012 7:52pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #356055 Sun Sep 09 2012 1:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
slick17

James, actually, those posters who have mentioned a purchase are correct. I intended to get a service done and then approach you regarding a part exchange for a 2010/11 supercharged.

I haven't it made past the first objective yet! Sad S/C 06 Black

Post #356056 Sun Sep 09 2012 2:15pm
Lookers Park Royal

I predicted the response. In context the enquiry currently is to price match a service that you require. Any further custom would of course be appreciated, however as you rightly say the initial objective is yet to be achieved. As discussed, I am fairly sure we will struggle to get to where you'd like us to be on price, but I'll leave David to discuss that with you.

James Thumbs Up

Last edited by Lookers Park Royal on Sun Sep 09 2012 6:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #356060 Sun Sep 09 2012 2:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>