RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Day at Gaydon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 11 <123 456 ... 91011>

Misery

United Kingdom 

SupperTrotter I have just phoned LR saying that I have a friend coming over to stay from Cyprus and would it be possible for him to come along, they said sorry all the tickets have gone. I seriously think it will be worth a try turning up someone will not be bringing a guest I'm sure we will be able to get you in.

Post #38825 Tue Jun 13 2006 9:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

SuperT if we dont get in we can always go and find us some dancing girls RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #39001 Tue Jun 13 2006 5:06pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Welcome back jay!

How was it off roading in the SL? Wink Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #39003 Tue Jun 13 2006 5:14pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

It was great it didn't get stuck once........................................getting out of the garage Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #39007 Tue Jun 13 2006 5:26pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

OK - is anyone going this weekend & thus going to be the 1st to report back on this event ???? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #43763 Tue Jul 04 2006 2:28pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

hello,
well i went up to Gaydon yesterday for this event, you have to park in Heritage centre car park and get a bus into hq, hospitality is next to the control tower on the airfield, light lunch, promo presentation, then into cars, all brand new. high speed passenger run around test track ok if you get the right driver otherwise no different to a brisk drive home from work...proving roads are eye opening to say the least, the back top hatch rattles so much, offroad drive is good, again new car with standard tyres and plenty of grip, or maybe that's cuz they take you on the easier course, you drive with your mate, no land rover personnel in car but they are on walkie talkies to you, then out around warwickshire for half an hour or so...nothing outstanding but a free afternoon out and maybe that was a new defender spotted tucked away in a corner

Andrew

Post #44370 Sun Jul 09 2006 8:35pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Looking forward to this! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #44371 Sun Jul 09 2006 9:07pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Missed all the organisation for this!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Enjoy yourself VA... I suppose being "inside" LR, you won't be able to take pics of course. As if you'd do something like that. That would be breaking the rules! Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #44372 Sun Jul 09 2006 9:19pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

VA had better take some photographs.

Whats the point of having a professional photographer on the team if he can't take a couple of sneeky photos. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #44377 Sun Jul 09 2006 9:26pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I'm going on Sunday 16th - all the correspodence states strictly no cameras or mobile phones/cameras - must be left in your vehicle Sad

All sounds a bit tame though - maybe I'll have to show them exactly what a Supercharged can do " on road " that is Whistle Wink

Do I really want to go for a tootle round warwickshire - I see enough of it as it is Sad 

Post #44401 Mon Jul 10 2006 12:42am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

You could pop in on your wife and say 'Look - I've bought a new RRS!' 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #44407 Mon Jul 10 2006 7:23am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

And if you take the HST, you might be able to have that internet wife after all! Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #44411 Mon Jul 10 2006 8:31am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I did this Gayon visit this morning. Well, our track driver certainly drove it fast - it nearly made me sick!! When I got back, I felt quite queasy. It was great. Did over 130mph down the straights. Then showed how well the Bremos work and stamped on them at 130mph. We also smacked the bottom against the road when going over the humped back bridge at speed. Noticed that many of them had dented exhaust tips! The proving ground driving was amazing. Driving at hell of a speed around the corners and bumps. Lost traction a few times. He really was pushing it to the limit. The tyres were struggling. Car did 6.5mpg!
For the rest of the driving, you had the car to yourself (and guest). Off road driving was tame – but great fun if you haven’t done any before. On road driving was great. Was a bit wet and I had mine skid a little as when leaving the road about to joining the M40. I was in the lead car and as the rest were behind and no where to be seen, so I went on a detour for about another 6-7 miles to make the most of it and get some more country lane driving. It was great fun. Car did 11mpg!

Overall, the HST is fun to drive, but I wasn't too impressed with it. It was fast and the braking was fantastic. But it was incredibly noisy at speed. It was terrible on the M40. I certainly wouldn't be happy with the tyre and wind noise. My D3 was so much quieter on the drive home. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #44617 Mon Jul 10 2006 5:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Also there were Aston Martin's going around the track all morning. One that had some disguise (well just black tape really) also came into the LR crowd at one point. Also some new Freelanders and Jaguars on the track many times. And one Lexus IS220d. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #44619 Mon Jul 10 2006 5:29pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Fantastic news d3matt, you have made me a happy lad now look forward again to the event. Even though I drive the Supercharged day in day out I was hoping that it would be a little more entertaining that I was lead to believe Very Happy Thumbs Up
Mrs MDP should also enjoy the gentle offroad stuff as well as she hasn't been on any of the offroad events yet.

Another reason for looking forward to seeing what the car can do is that I am seriously contemplating the latest upgrade offered by JE Engineering that you may have read about in the press. But, basically it should add approx another 50bhp thus reducing the 0 - 60 time by another second Confused

Not as simple as the "chip" for the TDV6 - but they may be getting my car to work on in a week or two?

watch this space Wink 

Post #44638 Mon Jul 10 2006 8:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 11 <123 456 ... 91011>