Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Rear upper tail gate release
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ducati_andy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Rear upper tail gate release

Hi everyone
Had the rrs a couple of days now and have 2 faults will post separately, my upper tailgate (glass part) will not open, had a look at the forum and thought it would just be the micro switch.
I removed the switch and all looked dry, and used my meter on the micro switch to find it was switching ok , then tried to find 12v on either of the 2 pins in the socket with no joy.
I have looked through the manual and only found 1 fuse for the central locking, is there a separate fused feed for the tailgate, upper and lower (I had a quick look behind the panel in the boot)
Thanks Andy

Post #354447 Wed Aug 22 2012 6:07pm
ducati_andy

Forgot to add that the key fob 3rd button will open the tail glass so there must be power to the solenoid

Post #354535 Thu Aug 23 2012 5:55pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: Rear upper tail gate release

ducati_andy wrote:
Hi everyone
Had the rrs a couple of days now and have 2 faults will post separately, my upper tailgate (glass part) will not open, had a look at the forum and thought it would just be the micro switch.
I removed the switch and all looked dry, and used my meter on the micro switch to find it was switching ok , then tried to find 12v on either of the 2 pins in the socket with no joy.
I have looked through the manual and only found 1 fuse for the central locking, is there a separate fused feed for the tailgate, upper and lower (I had a quick look behind the panel in the boot)
Thanks Andy

Hi Andy

Just going to be really stupid here so apologies if you have already tried this or it doesn't apply.

I replaced the dead switch in my RRS for the tailgate and at first it still refused to work, so I was a bit p'd off. However, I subsequently worked out that I hadn't unlocked the car twice & when I did, it worked fine Embarassed Smile

My unlock button on the remote does the driver door only on first click and then the other doors & allows both the tailgate locks to work on the second click.

My 3rd button also does the main tailgate but does not activate the tail glass.

Post #354580 Fri Aug 24 2012 12:09pm
ducati_andy

Thanks pufftmw but had already noted that and found that one remote was programmed for the full tailgate and one for the tail glass on the 3rd button.
I had gone down to marshalls my local dealer for window trim and they had said take a switch and try it as I asked if they were voltage free micro switches, anyway tried it and it didn't work.
I pulled the headlining back and found the plug which had 12v on the grey and pink core that's used for the switch, so guess I have a break somewhere, had to go out so left it, don't know if it's a break in the flexi pipe at the top of the tailgate or maybe where it exits the glass at the bottom. Looks like it will be impossible to pull a new core in fits it's a break in the tailgate somewhere.
By the way guys I recommend taking of the top outer colour coded trim on the tailgate sometime as there was a lot of corrosion and crap behind it, cleaned it up and rust treated painted, that's what took the time, may try and fix the broken core sometime.

Post #354617 Fri Aug 24 2012 8:46pm
stevietee10

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Maya Gold

Hi
You can program the 3rd button for glass or main tailgate release
1, put key in ignition, turn to position 2
2, press 3rd button and walk to back of car
3, press glass or main release button as required and that should be it.
4, remove key from ignition and give it a try.
The 3rd button works even with car locked, on my 2005 HSE model anyway, (useful for chucking shopping in the back at Tescos
Cheers
Steve

Post #435930 Wed Sep 10 2014 8:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1