RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > New Bits Fitted....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

PaulB

England 
New Bits Fitted....

I've just collected my car from JE after having lots of new bits fitted.
I've had new 20" wheels (10" wide with huge 295/40x20 tyres), which nicely show off my new Brembo brakes.
I've also had a new cats back stainless steel exhaust fitted with large oval tailpipes. The clever bit with the tailpipes is that they actually exit underneath so that the diesel soot doesn't cover the back of the car as it would do if they exited out of the end. Surprisingly, it sounds significantly better, not like a diesel at all.
And finally, I've had an S/C grill fitted.
If I can work out how to post some pictures, I will.

Paul

Post #37366 Tue Jun 06 2006 6:17pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 
Re: New Bits Fitted....

pics would be good Paul Smile

Post #37369 Tue Jun 06 2006 6:24pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Pics would be nice (since I'm in the market for new 20" wheels as you know) given that the JE web site is extremely lame (does'nt anyone read Gerry McGovern?) so I'd be curious to see what's on offer.

Please Post Pics Thumbs Up

Curious about the tailpipes also... 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #37371 Tue Jun 06 2006 6:27pm
PaulB

England 

Last edited by PaulB on Tue Jun 06 2006 7:08pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #37374 Tue Jun 06 2006 6:48pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Very nice Paul Very Happy - the exhaust looks quite similar to what Cargraphic in Germany have on offer. I'm warming up to three piece 21" wheels from them given my disappointment with the Stormers - for about 800 EUR more, I would get 275/35/21 at the front and 325/30/21 at the rear on 21" wheels (different offset front and rear).

Would it be inappropriate to ask you to PM me with the ballpark figures on the wheels and tyres??? 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #37376 Tue Jun 06 2006 7:01pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

exhaust tips look very nice

Post #37377 Tue Jun 06 2006 7:27pm
PaulB

England 

I'll take some better pictures when the light is better, but they really are the mut's nuts Cool
It's a full cats-back system, not just the tail pipes. There is less back pressure, so in theory, it should perform a little better too, although JE don't make any claims in that area. But they sound great Very Happy
They're visually identical to those that MDP has had fitted to his S/C.

Paul

Post #37378 Tue Jun 06 2006 7:36pm
Roland

Switzerland 

Nice pics indeed, Paul

..and I am intrigued about how nice a color that is. The car looks stunning in the last pic with the evening light. That's definiteley a color I am going to consider for my next RRS.... SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #37391 Wed Jun 07 2006 4:33am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Our local LR dealer has had a red RRS in the showroom for some time now. It looks beautiful and definitely suits to Sports well. They also had a used D3 in the same colour and that looked awful. It looked cheap and tacky. Strange how the same colour looked completely different on the two cars. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #37395 Wed Jun 07 2006 8:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Paul - looking good! Thumbs Up How much were the exhaust tips? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #37398 Wed Jun 07 2006 9:38am
PaulB

England 

Thank you for the positive comments guys. The colour is Rimini Red and to be honest, it isn't a colour I would have chosen, but the dealer already had it in the showroom and now, I love it. Especially in the right light, the colour really comes to life and it also shows off the silver coloured accents really well.
Her are a few more pictures:

This one shoes the hidden exhaust exit underneath the new tail-pipe....very cunning Wink

This one shows how nicely the new exhaust fills the cut-outs in the standard rear valence.

I've only got a total price at the moment, but as soon as I have a breakdown of the individual prices, I'll post them up here.

Paul

Post #37417 Wed Jun 07 2006 12:45pm
p-trax

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

I WANT THAT EXHAUST!

OK I'll stop shouting now, nice looking RRS Paul Stornaway Grey/Ebony TDV8 HST, September 3rd Smile

Post #37422 Wed Jun 07 2006 1:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulB

England 

The bonus that I wasn't expecting is the sound Very Happy Very Happy
It sounds nothing like a diesel now. It has a very definite V8 like growl to it. Nobody would be able to identify it as a TDV6 from the sound now Cool

Paul

Post #37423 Wed Jun 07 2006 1:13pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I like those pipes but they could have concealed the existing exhaust a bit better. Looking straight down them looks strange! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #37424 Wed Jun 07 2006 1:19pm
PaulB

England 

VA, it doesn't.
You can't see anything up the end of the tail-pipe. The photo was taken with a flash, which has lit up the inside of the pipe. They aren't the "existing" tail-pipes, it's a complete new system all the way up to the cats.
When was the last time that someone got that close to the end of your pipe ? Wink Wink

Paul

Post #37426 Wed Jun 07 2006 2:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>