Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > New Zealand Friends
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mse

United Kingdom 
New Zealand Friends

Hi

Im looking for some wise thinking or reassurance, insight or similar!

I might have the opportunity to move out from the UK to NZ to work...obviously the wife and dogs will be coming if the opportunity does materialise. I cant say i know much to anything as its happening very quickly

However much im sold on the place and the opportunity - the move and distance and new start isnt my thing normally...so im after some advice/comments/sensible words anything that can inform me either way as ultimately its my decision.

Incidentally my wife would already be on the plane - she is the travelling type!

welcome anything at this stage!! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #352319 Mon Jul 30 2012 5:35pm
prokiwi

Australia 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Hi mike , NZ is a great country , slightly warmer than the UK and has some amazing scenery with some awesome coastline. Having travelled extensively I would still say NZ is one of the most amazing , safe and colourful countries in the world. Homes are cheap , lifestyle , while not as laid back as Australia , it is still a chosen destination for many poms. (My Dad was a pom who ventured there many many years ago and settled .

Economicially it is not as strong as Australia , and mainly rides on the coat tails of the other asian markets. Range Rovers there are expensive , as the local market is flooded with japanese imports, but if you can afford , they would be the vehicle of choice to see what is a beautiful country.

The colder the climate , the warmer the people .....give it a go, you will love it . MY12 RRS Black, with a few extras.

Post #352528 Wed Aug 01 2012 4:43am
Kiwi Graham

New Zealand 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Stornoway Grey

Hi Mike,
If its lifestyle, a warmer climate and less congestion your after then NZ is a good choice.
Two very different Islands offering any amount of choice and opportunity.

We're a friendly bunch down here and enjoy the principals of family and freedom of choice. I simply gop to work to earn the money to enjoy my lifestyle rather than the Eroupean ethic of having to go to work to have a lifestyle.

You get a lot more for your hard earned $$ over hear but the flip side is some commodities are more expensive and you have to go overseas (import) because often there isnt as much choice.

We made the move over ten years ago and haven't looked back, had a holiday in England about 5 years ago and it reassured us we made the right decision.

Post #352628 Wed Aug 01 2012 9:25pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys - the opportunity is still there for us.

Ill just need to reflect on everything and make a decision now! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #352666 Thu Aug 02 2012 11:59am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I've been on two holidays to NZ in the last 4 years. Both for about a month at a time. Fabulous place, friendly people, great scenery, great food / wine, a low population density and a general lack of the mouth-breathers/chavs that seem to be taking over the UK with each passing year.

Cost of living seems quite high because so much is imported but you do get a lot of property for your money - 2-5 acre sections (a plot of land with a house) are not uncommon and can be had for the equivalent of £200-300k (or at least they could last time we were out there).

SWMBO's sister lives there, is married to a Kiwi and badgers us to move over there. I have a friend who emigrated a few years ago with his young family for a better life and hasn't looked back.

I'd move there in an instant if I could...

Does that help? Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #352677 Thu Aug 02 2012 12:44pm
petsar68

New Zealand 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

We moved out 6 yrs ago, best thing we ever did Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 HSE
Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE - Sold
Discovery 2 V8 ES - Sold

Post #354568 Fri Aug 24 2012 9:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1