RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Shukers Shrewsbury
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Kaine

United Kingdom 
Shukers Shrewsbury

Went in on Saturday to enquire about a RRS TDV6 HSE, plus also to look at colours. Sales guy was very pleasant, well informed and helpful - plus took me round their mini off road course out the back of the showroom - good sales tactic with me.

So far so good - based on the amount of money they have invested in the building and facilities I am expecting a top level service from them in the future too.

I would be intereted to hear any comments on Shukers from forum members

Kaine

Post #37120 Sun Jun 04 2006 5:49pm
jimrrsport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

shukers have been a nightmare in the past with me, could write a book about our battles!
Jim 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
04 CBR1000RRFireblade Trashed
04 Freelander Sport Premium Gone
03 Freelander 1.8 Kalahari Gone-should have been blown up!!
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #69684 Fri Dec 08 2006 1:59pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

My supplying dealer was Shukers. I found the sales guy (Dean) very helpful and although I never met the guy throughout the whole transaction he was always available on the phone, did what he said he was going to do, when he said he was going to do it. I'd recommend them based on my experience with them. I only wish they'd change their choice of complimentary bubbly as it was pretty heinous Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #69686 Fri Dec 08 2006 2:09pm
jimrrsport

they even leant me a car that had only 1 days tax, knowing I needed it for a few days as they were fitting a new engine to my pile of cr#p freelander!
when I got my new rrs a few weeks ago, admittedly from a dealer in london (through lease company) it arrived with the wrong disk for the sat nav, maps of japan for some odd reason. I contacted the supplying dealer who said they would post the correct disk to me, but as I was planning to go away they suggested calling at my local dealer to ask them to loan me one for a couple of days. Now bearing in mind I have bought 2 brand new cars from them in the past and they were going to get the servicing on my new car and my business partners rrs I would have expected this to be a minor request! but oh no not to sukers! data protection they called it! "U might copy the disk"!! they said!
they will be no longer getting my custom on servicing

jim 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #69821 Fri Dec 08 2006 10:25pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Still no complaints - Dean was also my Sales Guy - very pleased with them to date.

Post #69822 Fri Dec 08 2006 10:28pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

After dealing with Dean through my contact through Kaine's deal, he is actually one of the better sales men i have come across at an LR dealer, he has helped me source a couple of D3's for some guys on disco3.co.uk and has always been available on phone/email to discuss mine and my client's requirements. Top marks from me.. last D3 was supplied as stated, and all requests were met fully, including mats/fuel/tax/seat covers, i have had no complaints from the supplied customer and hope to continue using Shukers as one of my supplying dealers in the future..

Post #69849 Sat Dec 09 2006 2:50am
jimrrsport

some guys have all the luck!!! 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #69878 Sat Dec 09 2006 2:15pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

I have also carried out a "remote" deal with Shukers via Kam. I live many miles from the dealers and it was purely a phone/email deal - including the trade in of my existing vehicle.

Salesman was Dean. Top marks from me everything has gone well and I have been very pleased with the service I have received (this is even better when you consider that with remote sales such as these there is little prospect of on-going service revenue)

Martin 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #88201 Wed Feb 28 2007 1:12pm
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes had dealings with them before
I don't know how good the service dept is but the sales team Peter, Dean etc are excellent
They also have a business manager there called Tim Scott who has a lot of Land Rover experience and is one of the most sociable and helpful men you could ever meet in the motor trade.

Kaine will soon find out how good service is i would imagine because he is only up the road Thumbs Up You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #90602 Wed Mar 07 2007 10:21am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Just wanted to add some comments regarding my recent experience with Shukers of Shrewsbury - warning: its a long one Wink

A few weeks back my wife had an 'incident' in the RRS Rolling Eyes - due to what I believed was a good relationship with Shukers I wanted them to handle to repair. I called and asked if they could look at the damage and quote for a repair to which they confirmed would be fine - I went over the next day and they arranged for a third party repair centre (namely Westbury Garage - a Jeep dealer Confused ) - so far so good.

I originally considered to pay for the repair directly, advising Westbury of this and hence he confirmed he would keep the cost low. After returning home I had a change of mind and decided to get the insurance to cover the repair - aware I had asked for a good price, I called Shukers back and advised them it would now be an insurance claim and hence they need to quote as such

So a couple of weeks later (insurance company delay) I called to book the car in via Shukers and asked politely if they could arrange a loan vehicle for me - the answer was no - its Shukers policy not to loan cars out for body shop repairs - I asked again if they could help me out and also advised I am willing to pay - however policy was policy and they would not offer me any support.

Now you can call me unreasonable or awkward however I felt I deserved some level of service from Shukers - I paid full book for my RRS (thats approx £48500) with no quibble - I never complained or argued about the price as I believe in paying for quality goods and service - and I do expect it too. I was then told by the service person that as I'd told the BodyShop that I would be paying for this, I'd already got a very good price - firstly I'd called back to advise them to adjust for an insurance claim and secondly I'd offer to pay for the loaner - at this point I was made to feel like a problem customer which really annoyed me

The following day I called Shukers again and spoke to my original contact, Dean and asked if he could support at all - he advised he'd find out what he could do and call me back in 10-15 mins - this was last Thursday and I never received a call back Sad

So car went in on Tuesday for a 3 day repair. Would be completed on Thursday. So yesterday afternoon around 2pm I called to confirm what time I could collect the RRS - but unfortunately it wasn't ready - no problem in principle, however it seems no one was going to call me to let me know. After a few calls (very helpful service guy at this time) I was told it wont be ready until sometime the Friday afternoon (around 3-4pm) - due to constraints in the afternoon I advised we would collect it on Saturday morning.

This morning I happened to drive past the dealer at 11am - and guess what - there is my RRS parked up on the forecourt Confused After seeing a customer I popped back at around 12pm - and hey presto its all done - again noone had considered to call me to let me know (apparently due to the fact I told them I was coming on Saturday morning instead) - it takes no time to call me to just let me know. Now not wanting to leave it there on their forecourt any longer I drove back to the office, collected wifey and drove back to Shukers.

It may sound a minor issue (and a little long winded - sorry) however its the small things that count in my book - I really feel let down by Shukers Shrewsbury Sad I got the feeling the repair was something they could do without, which in turn makes me feel like my custom is something they can do without Sad

The repair itself is very good, so thanks for Westbury Garage of Shrewsbury however the whole experience of Shukers was very disappointing.

Basically I have learnt one lesson from this - if buying from Shukers (Shrewsbury) you should push for the best deal (discount) you can get and under NO circumstance be under the impression that by paying full book you will get a premium service

just my opinion, however its a real shame that they just dont get it

Last edited by Kaine on Sat Mar 31 2007 9:19am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #98946 Fri Mar 30 2007 8:22pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Over to Shukers! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #98953 Fri Mar 30 2007 8:37pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

That's not good kaine Sad

I wouldn't be too happy either. Must add though I had to pay full whack for mine - but then i expected too as it was one of the very early ones - but as a family we had prev bought several top spec FFRR's from them ......... as you say , you live and learn.

You may also have read my other threads re Audi's and a paricular LHD RRS - that's died of death I think - the guy just doesnt communicate very well at all - so stuff that.

As for the Audi - very very keen. One of the reasons is due to mine losing value quicker than I had anticipated or even thought was possible Shocked So whilst i still have some coffers left from the £59k I parted with 18mths ago - you can understand my concern.

Not sure where to turn though ? I dont think i'll even bother approaching the dealer - i know they'll just fob me off with saying they cant shift them at the moment - Yeah really Yawn

But my initial feedback sugests dealers/traders are offering peanuts for them Big Cry anything form 35 - 40 for my yaer/spec and then selling them for approx 40 - 43k .... NOT GOOD Banging Head

I could just keep it and run it forever Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #98961 Fri Mar 30 2007 8:47pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Kaine - that sounds like terrible customer care from Shukers. If I was in your shoes I would start looking around for a new dealer. There are a few within easy driving distance, that I am sure would be glad of your business. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #98982 Fri Mar 30 2007 9:41pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

insult to injury - had the invoice in the post this morning

when I dropped the car off I asked if they could replace a broken plastic clip for the front tow eye cover (I broke it when fitting as it is a poor design)

Cost: £25.50 + VAT Shocked Shocked this is a tiny plastic clip for gods sake Evil or Very Mad

Dean - if your reading this, forget the TDV8 test drive - you can keep it

Post #99059 Sat Mar 31 2007 10:34am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Shukers Suck! Haven't they heard of goodwill? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #99060 Sat Mar 31 2007 10:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>