Thumbs Up BC

Appreciate it Bow down

Post #350577 Fri Jul 13 2012 1:28pm
alansmith

United Kingdom 
Headrest Screens

I found this?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbi.../108983374

Beats everything I think, I'm new and was hoping someone can guide me the right way to rear entertainment screens for the kids.

Spoke to the chap and it seems too good to be true, UK London based company will install to your car and provide a 1 year guarantee and you pay after installation. I've checked them out and they seem kosher has anyone dealt with them before?

HELP PLZ

Post #353759 Tue Aug 14 2012 10:04pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Headrest Screens

alansmith wrote:
I found this?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbi.../108983374

Beats everything I think, I'm new and was hoping someone can guide me the right way to rear entertainment screens for the kids.

Spoke to the chap and it seems too good to be true, UK London based company will install to your car and provide a 1 year guarantee and you pay after installation. I've checked them out and they seem kosher has anyone dealt with them before?

HELP PLZ
Not used myself as I have factory fitted but I have seen them on eBay and they do look good, ask for a couple of customers numbers to check with. Thumbs Up

Post #354372 Tue Aug 21 2012 8:58pm
broncoupe

United Kingdom 
DVD

There are many options for sports biggest advantage of Rosens is that you should consider them as 2 separate systems that can link if required.
The system you have found on gumtree Thumbs Up will be a single source watched on one or both rear screens
If you fancy a trip to Bournemouth can offer you a one day service on supply and fit
Regards Broncoupe

Post #354561 Fri Aug 24 2012 3:45am
Lookers Park Royal

100% iPad route!

Brackets now available from LR as an accessory.

iPads will be so much more useful at the end of the journey, interchangeable and hold their value. Until the invent of the iPad then I'd say Rosen was the best aftermarket solution balancing function/value.

Back to the brackets, I think they are c£130 each but will get details later today.

James Thumbs Up

Post #354562 Fri Aug 24 2012 5:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

Oooh, would be good to see the LR IPad brackets James Cool Thumbs Up ............£130 does seem a little racey though Sad ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #354563 Fri Aug 24 2012 6:04am
Lookers Park Royal

BC won't be impressed as they are £133.90 + VAT (£160.6Cool.

VPLVS0164 for iPad 1
VPLVS0165 for iPad 2 / New iPad

Worth considering that you can plug into your Aux socket for audio through the vehicle, and those with Bluetooth Streaming can send Audio via Bluetooth.

I find that the iPad is great for the children on long journeys. Mine isn't 3G, however if you have an iPhone (may need to be an iPhone4) then you can tether the iPad to the iPhone to use it on 3g for surfing the internet etc.

If factory RSE isn't possible then I would say that iPad's are the way forward.

James Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #354569 Fri Aug 24 2012 10:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Brodit also make one to suit iPad1, iPad2 and iPad (the latest one!) - I have one of their dash mounted holders for my Defender and it really works well, even off road.

Here is the Brodit version on the Macrumours website - I would imagine that it is also not £133............. as it is't LR branded
orums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=927987 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #354570 Fri Aug 24 2012 10:15am
Tim in Scotland

Brodit also make one to suit iPad1, iPad2 and iPad (the latest one!) - I have one of their dash mounted holders for my Defender and it really works well, even off road.

Here is the Brodit version on the Macrumours website - I would imagine that it is also not £133............. as it is't LR branded
orums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=927987 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #354571 Fri Aug 24 2012 10:15am
Tim in Scotland

If you already have a brodit mount then you are halfway there as all you need is a headrestraint adapter

[url]www.brodit.com/nSearchList.html?pn=prod&hideQuery=yes&query=article_code%3aNackstödsfäste+OR+article_code%3aNACKST_MULTIM&mmDevices=&mmVehicles=&vehicleBrand=Land+Rover[/url] 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Aug 24 2012 10:23am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #354572 Fri Aug 24 2012 10:16am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

My Rosens do everything i need, I also don't need to carry my ipad around the supermarket or city centre when we get out, or be seen hiding them in the car to later find my windows are smashed and my ipads are missing.

I also don't need to burn the 20 dvd's the kids have in the car to each ipad or by another ipad as they both watch different things Thumbs Up

Post #354573 Fri Aug 24 2012 10:23am
Lookers Park Royal

Nick - I would agree that the set-up you have is spot-on, and I wouldn't suggest that the iPad solution is worth you changing over to, however if I was given the choice of buying a 2nd iPad and two brackets as opposed to the Rosen system now, then I would go down the iPad route.

It's not a huge hassle putting existing DVD's onto iTunes and I have found that as my saucepans have got older then so has there preference for what they watch, therefore we now hire or download from iTunes or Amazon etc. In fairness I have a girl and a boy therefore most of the DVD's can't be passed down as my son prefers Cars2 to Tinkerbell!!

The one issue you have touched on of security is a concern, and I agree that it's not ideal having to carry a couple of iPad's around. But on balance if I had a blank canvas then I'd now go down the iPad route.

James Thumbs Up

Post #354574 Fri Aug 24 2012 10:58am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

One positive point is, the kids wouldn't have the ipads in the back to watch on the 60 sec trip to school, Evil or Very Mad

No sooner as they get in the car, the Rosen headphones are on before they have their seatbelts and the movie (scooby doo/Ben10) is just starting when they are getting out

But atleast they are quiet Bow down

Post #354578 Fri Aug 24 2012 11:29am
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

npinks wrote:
One positive point is, the kids wouldn't have the ipads in the back to watch on the 60 sec trip to school, Evil or Very Mad

No sooner as they get in the car, the Rosen headphones are on before they have their seatbelts and the movie (scooby doo/Ben10) is just starting when they are getting out

But atleast they are quiet Bow down
Oh the joys of parenthood Whistle

Post #354600 Fri Aug 24 2012 3:31pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Laughing

Post #354608 Fri Aug 24 2012 5:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12