RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2007 Model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Texas, we Brits and Europeans prefer to do most things the hard way! The Japanese only put electronic openers and closers on the tailgate because they are not tall enough to reach up to the open hatch Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #36962 Fri Jun 02 2006 7:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

texas911 wrote:
What would be better is an automatic tailgate opener.

An auto closing thingey would be great. Like on a Merc, where you just have to lightly close the door and the vehicle then shuts it properly for you. I only manage a first time proper shut 50% of the time at max .... Rolling Eyes RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #36963 Fri Jun 02 2006 8:04pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Auto closing thingy happens in 2007... 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #36964 Fri Jun 02 2006 8:40pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Redessarr,
Does that spec apply to the tdv6 or just the v8 models? 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #36966 Fri Jun 02 2006 9:05pm
Singletrack

Based on what I have heard - certainly the TDV6 and therefore, it may be assumed, all other models up the food chain... 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #36967 Fri Jun 02 2006 9:12pm
texas911

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Oh great! I just bought my car on Wed. and now I'm reading about all the upgrades! Yes the auto close will be nice to have. 2006 RRS Silver/Black

Post #36969 Fri Jun 02 2006 10:18pm
MudAllOverIt

United Kingdom 

redessarr wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Any mention of some new colours for 2007.............?

Not to me, only the changes to the interior colours...

Mmmmm. Am I the only one that finds the current range of colours offered by LR on the RRS, FFRR and D3 somewhat drab?

Rimini Red and Buckingham Blue are OK but the rest are pretty unremarkable (no offence meant) -- for me the 2003/2004 FFRR colours were far better Bill

1997 300Tdi Defender 90 "Big Red" Off-Road Beast
1978 TR6-engined Triumph Spitfire "What the **** was that..."
ex V6 Freelander owner looking for another shiny LR

Post #36970 Fri Jun 02 2006 10:19pm
redessarr

England 

simonsti wrote:
Redessarr,
Does that spec apply to the tdv6 or just the v8 models?

Simonsti,

The info I was given was in relation to the TDV6 HSE only. This dealer had no info regarding the V8, but thought that wouldn't be out for the RRS until next year.

Post #36972 Fri Jun 02 2006 10:31pm
Tim in Scotland

Bill I tend to agree, there are no really eyecatching colours. RRS does look good in White though.................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #36976 Fri Jun 02 2006 10:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
RRS does look good in White though..................

I agree, but could you?......really?

Post #36977 Fri Jun 02 2006 11:02pm
Tim in Scotland

Having seen a white S/C in the flesh, yes! The problem was when I broached it with the local dealers they said that if I really insisted on having a White RRS next they would a) need a returnable deposit, but for any other colour they wouldn't need one! b) be very loathe to take it in as a part-ex 2-3 years down the road for fear that they wouldn't be able to sell it on. As it would be my LR number 6 from that dealer I am sure that I could persuade them to forgo the deposit.
Take a look in Misery's gallery, he has a white S/C and it came to Solihull for the factory visit we did. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #36978 Fri Jun 02 2006 11:11pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

personally I think it looks very nice indeed, however I just couldn't do it - I'd bottle it when it came to the final decision Smile

Post #36979 Fri Jun 02 2006 11:16pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

hopefully this clock thing will just be a software thing too, it would be really nice to have a clock while talking on the phone.

Post #36983 Sat Jun 03 2006 12:15am
Singletrack

Now that it's out...I can confirm what red has listed based on a confidential conversation I had about two weeks ago...in addition, there are also changes to the instrument pod, some new, lighter wheels, some new colours and a walnut interior and of course - as well all know, the TDV8. The best though was when I learned of the "navigation on the move" as it was called - after my dealer had gone on and on about how this was a whole safety thing (despite my XC90 from the same auto group having it). I am seriously hoping that this will be possible for older models as a software upgrade. Frankly though - with the exception of the nav thing, there was nothing that warranted for me the extra money and the wait until January for delivery - I stuck to my 06 MY.

Oh yes, one more thing - the TDV6 will now be EU4 compliant. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #36984 Sat Jun 03 2006 4:53am
Roland

Switzerland 

Singletrack wrote:
Now that it's out...I can confirm what red has listed based on a confidential conversation I had about two weeks ago...in addition, there are also changes to the instrument pod, some new, lighter wheels, some new colours and a walnut interior and of course - as well all know, the TDV8. The best though was when I learned of the "navigation on the move" as it was called - after my dealer had gone on and on about how this was a whole safety thing (despite my XC90 from the same auto group having it). I am seriously hoping that this will be possible for older models as a software upgrade. Frankly though - with the exception of the nav thing, there was nothing that warranted for me the extra money and the wait until January for delivery - I stuck to my 06 MY.

Oh yes, one more thing - the TDV6 will now be EU4 compliant.

I am intrigued that there will be new wheels and glad I've waited with the purchase of new aftermarket 20" alloys. Hopefully there will be some nice designs.

I wonder what the new instrument panel will look like and the new silver interior. Hopefully it's not much nicer than in the current model...... Twisted Evil

Euro4 compliancy as such is nothing new, the TDV6 engine has met that norm from the beginning, but it might now come with a diesel particulates filter, or whatever it's called.

As for the color white I still find it the case that it only looks really good in bright brillant sunshine, the kind you enjoy in California, Florida or Dubai. In the typically gloomy light we get in central/northern Europe, it's just not the same .... SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #36985 Sat Jun 03 2006 6:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>