Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Delay on RRS delivery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Phil B

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Delay on RRS delivery

Hi guys

First post - was previously a Disco3 member - have now switched (after a three year hiatus with an Audi Q7) to a RRS. Just to let you know that I was advised by my dealer today that my RRS (due July 1st) may be delayed because of wheel and tyre supply issues. Has anyone else heard of this issue, and do you know what it relates to?

Thanks

Phil

Post #347993 Thu Jun 21 2012 3:30pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

With the amount of delivery miles only wheel sets around on here,eBay,gumtree etc, you wouldn't believe that statement!!
Welcome to the forum!
Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #347995 Thu Jun 21 2012 3:44pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Welcome along.

Maybe James from LPR could shed some light Confused

As Dave says, the irony of the problem with so many sets available Rolling Eyes ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #348003 Thu Jun 21 2012 4:38pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Welcome onboard Thumbs Up

I would be interested to hear how the Q7 and RRS stack up against each other after a couple of months of RRS ownership.

Jim

Post #348005 Thu Jun 21 2012 4:47pm
Sag

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

jim4244 wrote:
Welcome onboard Thumbs Up

I would be interested to hear how the Q7 and RRS stack up against each other after a couple of months of RRS ownership.

Jim

Same here. Currently debating going back to a Q7 or having a 12/18 month old RRS.

Either way, enjoy the forum Thumbs Up LCFC. Receiver of threatening letters from Overfinch.

Post #348006 Thu Jun 21 2012 4:50pm
redrob

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Have had my RRS now for 10 months and had the Audi Q7 for 4 months before that,
The Q7 having the 3.0 against the 2.7 was much more responsive on the accelerator it
also felt a lot bigger, but the figures show there isn't a lot in it.
The Audi was also more comfortable to drive, but I wouldn't go back to one tho I do miss the powered
tailgate the more you sweat in practice
the less you bleed in battle

Post #348011 Thu Jun 21 2012 5:01pm
cannonballrod

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Luxury Orkney Grey

Welcome Phil B, The wheels for the RRS come from Germany, might explain for the delay. I went to visit the Solihull two weeks ago and was very impressed, I was disappointed in seeing the RRS's going abroad with a lot more options on them which were not offered in this country. MY13 Range Rover Sport HSE Luxury
Orkney Grey, Sunroof, Tow bar,
Privacy glass, Sidesteps,
Black Headlining.

Post #348015 Thu Jun 21 2012 5:25pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Such as Rod Question Could be worthy of another thread Idea Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #348017 Thu Jun 21 2012 5:33pm
Alan61

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum.

I had a Q7 for 3 years prior to my RRS. When I was looking for a new car in 2007 I looked at the X5, Q7 and the RRS. I chose the Audi because of the engine, 3.0 Litre 240 bop vs 2.7 and 187 bhp of RRS, X5 I thought was good but boring.

I loved the Q7 S Line, great looks from front and rear aspect although it looks like a hearse from side on. Drove really well with lots of space inside. Kids thought it was special since it was so new and unlike any other 4x4 at the time in terms of striking looks and road presence in the price bracket I could afford.

I currently have a MY12 HSE and love it, had one of the early Disco TD5's in 1999, loved it but the RRS is worlds apart.

I could have had a Q7 for £300 per month less but it was a no brainier, the RRS is just 'special' and IMHO no other car comes close to it for ownership satisfaction, although early days yet in terms of reliability.

Good luck in deliberations.

Alan.

Post #348042 Thu Jun 21 2012 9:35pm
crookedm

I bet the Land Rovers made in the soon to be built China factory will be better quality than in the UK sad but true. We seem to be slack on quality control. The Chinese will not put up with these problems or delays.

Post #348044 Thu Jun 21 2012 9:37pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

^^^ Sorry i disagree, have you seen some of the crap that comes out of china these days Shocked

Post #348048 Thu Jun 21 2012 9:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Phil B

Guys - soon as I've had a few weeks in the RRS, will post a comp vs the Q7. I've done 100,000km in the Q7 over the last 3.5 years, living in Europe, and it's an epic Autobahn muncher. It is, though, a big old beast, and the under round car parks in Luxembourg are a big challenge. Loved my previous D3, but it was a bit agricultural in drive and finish compared to the Audi, so I'm hoping for great things from the RRS. I tested a new Disco, but hated the ruched seats on the HSE and didn't feel the finish was good enough after the Audi. Also, couldn't get used to the soft ride after the Audi, which had the dynamic suspension. Tested a RRS, loved the "feel"of the car and the handling was great. Dealer (Harwoods Pulborough) super helpful and very accommodating. I've specced it quite nicely - HSE with tow bar, dual view, sunroof, adaptive xenons, visibility pack, contrast stitching etc. Was hoping for the new colors, but couldn't wait until September for the car. I've had enough reliability problems with the Audi (failed electric boot, MMI complete failure, door locks not working, suspension failure (twice))to not worry about the RRS - I think they all have issues, and people just choose a brand to rubbish. In my experience, the Germans are no better.

Thanks for the warm welcome - always loved disco3.co.uk, and it seems you lot are equally accommodating and helpful!

Post #348052 Thu Jun 21 2012 9:52pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Sorry phil, i forgot to welcome you. Thumbs Up

Post #348056 Thu Jun 21 2012 10:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
crookedm

Yes but the crap is exported these won't be. I've been round Jaguar Land Rover in Halewood and know lads that work there. Some of the evoques and jags have little presents left in them like bags full of Censored in the doors. Not joking!

Post #348057 Thu Jun 21 2012 10:07pm
Phil B

Thanks for the welcome guys, and thankfully the new RRS comes with an electric tailgate, so one option I won't miss from the Q7. Will miss, however, the very useful color driver Info system on the Q7 - have to admit, though the interior of the RRS is beautiful ( I specced Ivory with contrast stitching, black dash, and Anigre) the RRS DIS is like something out of the stone age. Honestly, when they can make an iPhone with a hi-res screen, why does the screen on the RRS look like something from my 1990s Nokia 6110?!

Looking forward to having touch screen NAV again (intrigued to see how "say what you see" works) as, after my Mini and Audi with the MMI / scroll wheel based NAV, I really miss the touchscreen on the disco. Worried about speed of response on iPod searching - with 700 albums on the iPod, I fear it may take a little while to reach the album I'm looking for!

Does anyone have the dual view? Is the TV reception any good on the move. My wife will be chuffed to have mobile Eastenders! Didn't choose the DVDs for the kids, as I figured two iPads are half the price, and ten times as useful.......

We are bit worried about going from two cars in succession with 7 seats to a car with 5 seats - I've argued that it will stop the missus being the school bus service.....hope I'm right. Anyway, I've told her she has to use the Golf Bluemotion for the school run. After paying Eur 1.20 a litre for the last few years (GBP 1 per litre), UK fuel price scare me to death - hence the Golf!

Post #348062 Thu Jun 21 2012 10:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>