Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Scottish Hills & Glens 24 June Charity
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Renny

Scotland 
Scottish Hills & Glens 24 June Charity

Press Release

A unique opportunity to drive in some of the most beautiful areas of the Scottish Highlands. The Scottish Hill Rally Club is running a club-level event to raise money for the Royal Scottish Agricultural Benevolent Institute http://www.rsabi.org.uk/ - a charity for estate workers). Essentially a long Green Road drive, with some extras such as Regularity Runs and/or navigation tests.

The event will start at the carpark opposite Blair Castle, Blair Atholl (NN 868 653) at 7:30am (have I mentioned it will be a long day?)

The route will travel round Blair Atholl estate, Graigvinean Forest, through Tummel, round Loch Errochty, and then down through Dalnaspidal and Graiganour moors to Kinloch Rannoch - that's about 60 miles of amazing off-road tracks, normally completely inaccessable, with just 20 miles of public highway linking them...

The cost is as follows:
- For a single vehicle, with one or two people: £80 (£40 for RSABI + £40 land access costs)
- for each additional person in the vehicle, £25 (all going to RSABI)
NOTE: as a club event, everyone will need to be a member of the SHRC http://www.scottishhillrally.co.uk/shrc_club.htm

As this is not a competition, the regulations are pretty simple:
You need a 4x4 vehicle capable of driving over broken ground (so, the Subaru Impreza is out, sorry).
You will not need anything more aggressive that all-terrain tyres
You will not need a roll-cage, steering guards, or other underbody protection
You will need to be road legal, and the driver will need to be insured to drive the vehicle on the public highway

You will want to bring a pack lunch, and fuel for the distances given (60 miles off-road + 20 miles on-road), however there are petrol stations in the area.

There are a limited number of places available, so please email [EMAIL]SHGRT@hillrally.demon.co.uk [/EMAIL] for an entry form. Renny Thomson
MSA Scrutineer

Post #36358 Tue May 30 2006 5:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Renny that's the weekend I go back to w*rk Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #36554 Wed May 31 2006 2:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1