RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Lifting RRS to remove wheels - avoiding damage!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 
Lifting RRS to remove wheels - avoiding damage!

In view of the damage my vehicle sustained during its annual service last week I thought it would be a good idea to highlight the issue in the hope other owners do not have to go through this and see if you all agree with my conclusion Thumbs Up

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic27230.html

The handbook states -

WARNINGS

Ensure that the air suspension is set to off-road height
- this was not the case when the dealer lifted my RRS to view underside damage with suspension set at normal height Rolling Eyes

CAUTION

Only jack the vehicle using the jacking points described, or damage to the vehicle could occur

Providing these instructions are followed and the lift type below is used everything should be fine Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

The lift below was used to support suspension arms while wheels were removed resulting in metal to metal contact and my RRS sliding sideways and coming to rest on the posts Evil or Very Mad

In my opinion this lift is probably ok for leaf or spring suspension but certainly not for RRS with air suspension particularly in view of clear handbook instructions and diagram Rolling Eyes

I recommend you ask your dealer how they lift your sport next time it goes in Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #347331 Sun Jun 17 2012 9:11pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I think to be safe you also need the adapters, even at home using your trolley jack

Iike the ones that were for sale in this thread below

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic40948.html

Post #347332 Sun Jun 17 2012 9:16pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Good advice muddy, but if a dealer can't get it right Shocked that is really worrying Rolling Eyes Hope you get your's fixed without too much hassell, in the meantime enjoy the FF Thumbs Up

Post #347336 Sun Jun 17 2012 9:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

The best of it is they have about 3-4 of both types of lift so why was mine on the wrong lift Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #347338 Sun Jun 17 2012 10:00pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sounds like the apprentice was working on yours and the service manager was on his break Shocked They don't have any staff wearing a bright orange hi vis saying Payback on the rear do they Question

Post #347339 Sun Jun 17 2012 10:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1