RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > D3 vs RRS - my view after owning both
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
D3 vs RRS - my view after owning both

Now that I've owned the D3 for a month now and done over 3,000 miles (glad I never leased it!!), I thought I'd give me opinions regarding the differences between the D3 and RRS.
See thread at http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4652 Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #36201 Tue May 30 2006 9:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Martin - we have a troll! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #36203 Tue May 30 2006 9:41am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Truth hurts does it VA? Wink Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #36204 Tue May 30 2006 9:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 
Re: D3 vs RRS - my view after owning both

d3matt wrote:
Now that I've owned the D3 for a month now and done over 3,000 miles (glad I never leased it!!), I thought I'd give me opinions regarding the differences between the D3 and RRS.
See thread at http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4652

Interesting, I have to admit we did consider a D3 Embarassed but went for the RRS as it seemed 'more upmarket' Rolling Eyes

I think if you are unsure which to choose, then going for the RRS first is the best as you can always move 'down' to a D3 at a later date Wink Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #36212 Tue May 30 2006 10:03am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

d3matt = traitor ! Laughing

We testdrove both cars with all the engines available:

My wife refused to drive the D3 again after the first testdrive (her comment: to much of a tank and a shoebox) ...

Then we had to choose between an RRS Diesel or S/C (the normal V8 is to boring) - we took the Diesel - cause we dont own a petrol station and its still fast enough when u drive in town only. Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #36214 Tue May 30 2006 10:04am
DSL

United Kingdom 

Mr. Green Milestone Rolling with laughter - take your pick!

Post #36216 Tue May 30 2006 10:07am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Angel, we also test drove both the HSE RRS and an HSE D3 on the same test route, one of the major things we noticed was how much harder the D3 was over some road humps Shocked whereas the RRS took them with ease, we expected it to be the other way around.. Confused Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #36217 Tue May 30 2006 10:08am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Why would we pay any heed to what he's saying?

After all, he's daft enough to get rid of his RRS and get a D3!

Nuff said really! Laughing Wink Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #36218 Tue May 30 2006 10:13am
DSL

United Kingdom 

He has seen the light, moved from the dark side!

Ner Ner Ner Ner

Post #36220 Tue May 30 2006 10:15am
d3matt

Richchad wrote:
Angel, we also test drove both the HSE RRS and an HSE D3 on the same test route, one of the major things we noticed was how much harder the D3 was over some road humps Shocked whereas the RRS took them with ease, we expected it to be the other way around.. Confused

Funny, I've found the complete opposite. This is one of the main reasons why I'm happier with the D3 now. I think because the ride is a little softer, it is much more comfortable. Much of the time I'm driving around the B-roads in South Oxfordshire which are pretty rough and poorly maintained. The D3 is much nicer to drive on these surfaces. It is also just as sharp when pushing it hard at the bends, which I wasn't expecting it to be, so overall I find it slightly better than the RRS. Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #36227 Tue May 30 2006 10:38am
d3matt

Supertrotter wrote:
Why would we pay any heed to what he's saying?
After all, he's daft enough to get rid of his RRS and get a D3!
Nuff said really! Laughing Wink

But when you've owned both, you have the right to comment on this. Even though I considered going to a D3 a step down/backwards, now I've done it I don't think the same. The reason for the change is that I wanted to sell my van and go back to an (estate) car. I couldn't afford to keep the RRS and get a D3. So the both the van and the RRS went, I got the D3 and my wife got a Mini Convertible (see http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=470).
I do miss the 'prestige' image of the Range Rover, but that is about it. The D3 does everything else as well and with the larger boot, folding seats and more space, I'm not regretting it at all.
Maybe one day, I can afford to get a RRS as our second car again. But it will be the second car.....not the first Laughing Matt

Post #36230 Tue May 30 2006 10:47am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

d3matt wrote:
Much of the time I'm driving around the B-roads in South Oxfordshire which are pretty rough and poorly maintained.

not from lewknor, Watlington or any of those other banjo playing villages are you, that could explain a lot Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #36232 Tue May 30 2006 10:59am
DSL

United Kingdom 

Good pics apart from the dog bag. He/she (the goldie looking hound) is definately not looking impressed. He/she thinks that riding in a bag is not his/her place in life, up front would be better! Cool

Derek

Post #36233 Tue May 30 2006 11:04am
Luke

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Iv'e just come from a D3 to an RRS. I had the D3 14 months and did 13.5K so i feel i can coment. As far as handling betwen the D3 and the RRS goes there is no comparison, ok, i have dynamic pack but i used to drive the D3 hard and sometimes scared myself to death when i thought i wasnt going to make a corner, especially in the wet. The RRS is surefooted and gives you loads of confidence in the bends. The steering rack is also that much quicker which makes it easier to drive. And as far as noise goes, obviously if your running 275 x 20 tyres you can expect some road noise but dont talk to me about wind noise, the D3 was as aerodymanic as a house brick, at least the RRS has some dynamics which does lessen wind noise. Dont get me wrong, i loved the D3 but it isnt as good as the RRS. Why do people keep ranting on about tail gates and boot space, if you need any more bootspace than an RRS you probably should have got yourself a van.

Ta for listening Very Happy !st Edition RRS S/C, Black on Black.

RRS HSE, Java, Alpaca, Bluetooth, Dynamic Pack, SC Grill, Black Badges, tints all round.
(NOW SOLD)
Ex D3 TDV6S owner

Post #36296 Tue May 30 2006 12:37pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Amen ! 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #36299 Tue May 30 2006 12:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>