Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Technical question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
Technical question

O.k., so not that technical.

I'm busy transferring all of my rubbish from my old car to the new one, and I'm wondering where to put the first aid kit.
In the boot, where the jack is kept, there are a load of cut-outs with nothing in them.

I've got the towpack, so the towbar fits in there,
I guess the long thin one is for a warning triangle.
There's a small square one (spare bulb pack, perhaps?)
There's a small slot, which could take a small pack of post-it notes(!!!!!!!)
There's a large rectangular space in the middle which I'm assuming is for the first aid kit (does anyone know where to get one from that fits exactly?)The owners handbook fits in there, as well.
Then there's a wierd shaped cut-out just to the right of the large rectangular one, with the shape of a small spanner at the bottom. I can't imagine what that's for.

I asked the dealer, and he was at a loss, as was the parts department.
Does anyone know what the redundant slots are for?

Thanks.

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #36031 Sat May 27 2006 10:48pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think that various markets get things that fit in the slots, eg in most of Europe don't you have to carry a full set of spare lamp bulbs?
I have a cheeap halfords compressor that fits beautifully in the large rectangular slot. You don't ever want to have to pump up any 4x4's tyres with a footpump, - from a flat to 36psi it takes my little compressor 10 minutes but saves me killing myself! I was at a loss as to where to put my first aid kit (one of the Boots hard shell box ones), but found a nice place under the seat squab of the small part of the rear seats and my warning triangle fits nicely under the other part (had to put a bit of velcro on it's box to stop it sliding around though). After owning a FFRR I find the Sport sadly lacking in cubby space in the boot area, it's one of the few complaints that I have about it. The owners manual also fits nicely in the drivers door pocket. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #36032 Sat May 27 2006 11:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobs_buggy

Tim in Scotland wrote:
After owning a FFRR I find the Sport sadly lacking in cubby space in the boot area, it's one of the few complaints that I have about it. .

You want to try and find spaces in a Jeep! Anything more than a packet of mints and you've had it.
The owners manual won't even fit in the glovebox.

Thanks for the suggestions, Tim.

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #36090 Sun May 28 2006 2:25pm
Bobs_buggy

O.k., I've found a use for one of the cut-outs.

The 9cm x 9cm square is for the Land Rover spare bulb pack. It fits exactly in the space.
I've ordered a Land Rover first aid kit, so I'll be able to see if that fits the large rectangular cut-out when it arrives.

The little slot that looks like it'd take a pack of post-it notes is actually for the towbar blanking plug.

Just need to find out what the wierd shaped cut-out on the right is for........... RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #36377 Tue May 30 2006 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1