Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Quick Question from a Newbie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Kaine

United Kingdom 
Quick Question from a Newbie

Hi all,

Went for a test drive in a 2.7 HSE this morning - 4 hours later, I have decided I'm getting one Very Happy - I actually decided during the test drive, but it has taken the last 4 hours to convince the wife Wink

Just spending some time deciding what colour to opt for and 'think' I am going for 'Buckingham Blue' with 'Black Leather with Rhodium Finish', however I have a question some on here will likely be able to answer;

Q. What colour will the roof lining and carpets be with the above colour choice? I am just a little concerned it may be too dark

I have some other question too, but will use the search menu first to avoid repeating the same old 'mpg in real life, insurance quote, etc, etc questions.

Cheers

Kaine

Post #35941 Sat May 27 2006 4:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi Kaine and welcome to the forum, the person to ask about Buckingham Blue is Jaymann, Black............. well they are everywhere SuperT, MDP and plenty of other have Java RRS's. (in fact something like 75% of all RRS production has been Java).
If you want to be a trend setter WHITE is the new Black/Silver, and while every other RRS you see is either Black or Silver you will never ever meet another white one unless you go down to Misery's part of the world where the total UK sales of Chawton RRS's has gone!

I think you will find that the carpet in the darker colours is black. My own car is Giverny Green with Aspen and Ivory and that has aspen carpets.
Kam had a Java with Ivory or Alpacca leather, so he would be able to tell you what colour the carpets is with that combination. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat May 27 2006 5:02pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #35962 Sat May 27 2006 4:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Kaine that's the best pic i have of it at the mo when i get home tonight and if i remember i take a few more for ya
Smile
 RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #35964 Sat May 27 2006 5:01pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Hi Tim,

Thanks for replying. We choose Blue mainly as we had a Shadow Blue Touareg last year and really got to like the colour - in addition, it should be less common than Java Black. Also there is no way the car will stay clean for more than a day, as we have to drive across a field to get to our house - black would be a complete nightmare for us to keep looking good. For some reason, we found Blue to a better option.

Kaine

Post #35965 Sat May 27 2006 5:01pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Cheers Jay - thats perfect - thanks very much

Post #35966 Sat May 27 2006 5:03pm
JayMann

If you think black is hard to keep clean your gonna have fun with B/B Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #35967 Sat May 27 2006 5:04pm
JayMann

Kaine wrote:
Cheers Jay - thats perfect - thanks very much

If you want more pics let me know and i'll post them for ya Smile RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #35968 Sat May 27 2006 5:08pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Yep, I know. Just found the Treg didn't look to bad when it got dirty, whereas I feel Black cars deserver to look really clean.

Post #35969 Sat May 27 2006 5:08pm
Tim in Scotland

Would you like to tell us why you have gone for an RRS over another Toureg? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #35970 Sat May 27 2006 5:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zipperman19

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

JayMann wrote:
If you think black is hard to keep clean your gonna have fun with B/B Very Happy

Yeah I agree. Stupid color never stays clean for too long! Oh well, just another reason to wash it Laughing But it has rained non on and off for the last two weeks down here, so there's no point in cleaning her up.

Post #35971 Sat May 27 2006 5:17pm
JayMann

Zipperman When i first got mine i didn't have the number plates for it and couldn't drive it so on my day off i spent all day washing her the next day it rained all day Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #35974 Sat May 27 2006 5:24pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Would you like to tell us why you have gone for an RRS over another Toureg?

Smile very good question

A few reasons. Firstly, like most I just like a change. However mainly we got rid of the Touareg due to a few ongoing reliability issues, plus the curse of a terrible dealer.

heres a holiday pic of ours from last year Smile

Kaine

Post #35975 Sat May 27 2006 5:26pm
Tim in Scotland

Oh dear that used to be called Land Rover disease, but you rarely, if ever, see it these days......................... I've seen more Cayennes on the motorway hardshoulder with the bonnet open than I have seen any modern Land Rovers 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #35977 Sat May 27 2006 5:30pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I'm being a little harsh really I guess. I do still really like the Treg and also like the Cayenne - but the RRS does look superb.

After the test drive today, my wife and I agreed the following comparisons between the Treg and the RRS

1. Treg feels bigger inside, plus boot space is bigger. The RRS centre console seems much bigger than the tregs.
2. Driving position in the RRS is set higher than the Treg - which we liked.
3. Engine was far more refined in the RRS than the R5 unit in the Treg (of course there is the new 3.0V6 unit in the Treg now). Also the cabin noise (both engine and tyre noise) was much lower in the RRS
4. Satnav - well what can I say - VW really need to get their act together - the RRS Nav seems far superior even after a short 5 min play.
5. The Auto box was definetely a lot more refined in the RRS

All the above after a short 20min test drive.

Now just need to decide spec and get it ordered on Tuesday

Kaine

Post #35980 Sat May 27 2006 5:41pm
Tim in Scotland

One of the guys here changed his TDv6 HSE for a V10 Treg recently............. and swears by it!
BTW, the curse of the dealer................. applies to Land Rover too I'm afraid, they are trying hard to rid themselves of the really bad ones, but you will read some bad reports about dealers here too! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat May 27 2006 5:48pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #35982 Sat May 27 2006 5:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>