Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > RRS bought with strange tyres from Stratstone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

cprrs

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lugano Teal
RRS bought with strange tyres from Stratstone

Hello guys,

This is my first post! I just bought an used 07 RRS TDV8 from Stratstone dealership.
First impression was that the tyres are in good condition, however after a highway run I noticed the car pulls to the left a lot.
As they offered me Select Used warranty I went back and wanted the tracking done. Nothing solved after doing it twice.
So after that I noticed they sold me the car with 3 Atturo tyres and one Nexen. Isn't it a dealer requirement to have same tyres all round? I asked 3 persons from the dealership about this and they say it's ok.
Should I call Land Rover Warranty to complain they sold such car? As they would pay for any repairs caused by the tyres.

Thanks for reading!

Post #340831 Sat Apr 21 2012 8:27pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Another Chris P on the forum Shocked Shocked Hi and welcome mate Thumbs Up personally i would take it back and insist they put four tyres on of the same make and tread pattern and approved by land rover, what a set of cheap skates Mad

Post #340834 Sat Apr 21 2012 8:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

United Kingdom 

Stratstones are well known for flogging LRs with any old rubber, often fit RRS tyres to D3s despite them being under rated. Good luck getting anywhere, if they are just rubbish tyres but conform to spec I doubt they'll shift. Re 3 of one type, again nothing "banned" by LR so same. Also your warranty isn't LR, it's Car Care Plan and they won't be interested as they don't have anything to do with the sales side. Sorry.

Post #340835 Sat Apr 21 2012 8:46pm
cprrs

Thanks Adi. They don't seem too keen on helping me out. Do you have any idea if Land Rover would rule them to replace with approved parts?
Nice forum, congrats by the way!

Post #340836 Sat Apr 21 2012 8:48pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Dump the car outside their front door give them your keys and tell them you are not prepared to drive the car any further with odd tyres on. But then again, didn't you inspect the car before purchase, i'd of thought that would be one thing everyone checks prior to purchase, tell them those wasn't the tyres on the car when you came to view it Thumbs Up I have to have 4 matching tyres on all my motors, if i only need 2 and can't get matching tyres then i will buy 4 new ones, but thats how i like my motors especially if you push your car to the limits on the odd occasion. there is no compromise when it comes to tyres for me.

Post #340838 Sat Apr 21 2012 9:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Can't say I'm very thrilled with somebody having the same username,could cause all sorts of confusion Whistle MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #340857 Sat Apr 21 2012 10:38pm
Jonathan

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I had nexen's on my last RR Sport - they didnt handle right - budget tyres on a premium car dont mix. Either a) swap all of your budget tyres for new ort for the same money b) go to somewhere like Kahn and get some brand new 2012 alloys and tyres at the same price!

I did and never looked back. Jaguar XKR Convertible
MY 2012 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Autobiography in Fujian White....Mmmmmmm
Range Rover Evoque 2.2 Prestige in white - gone
Porsche Boxster S White with lots of extras! Gone
Lotus Elise 2011 Touring for sunny days - gone!

Previously....
RRS TDV8 Black 57 Plate
645ci
Jag XKR Convertible (my wife still loves this car!)
BMW 530i
BMW 328i (I loved this car)
Golf R32

Post #340861 Sat Apr 21 2012 10:50pm
cprrs

Thanks for your thoughts.
Chrisp, sorry for using a similar username. Please if any admin around change my name to cprrs or something less meaningfull Smile
About Stratstone, I feel sorry I haven't properly read this forum before buying from them. I haven't had the car for a month yet and had to pay for the alternator belt and some labour changing suspension fluid as alternator failed.. £400
Warranty seems to be LR though. (Select Used, 1yr, 25k)

Post #341067 Mon Apr 23 2012 9:06pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

You shouldn't of had to pay for anything if your car is under warranty especially as its less than a month old in your ownership Shocked The L/R booklet states that only change tyres in 4's where possible, if not possible the in pairs and of the same tread pattern where possible so you should never have odd tread patterns on the same axel, clearly stratstones are not adhering to land rover recommendations and i would tell them so, and insist the change the odd tyre at least.

Post #341087 Mon Apr 23 2012 10:03pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Pulling to the left is a common problem, whatever tyres are fitted, even brand new.

Had four brand new tyres and wheels on D4 fitted, down sized to 19 from 20 inch and straight away had a slight pull to left not there before on 20 inch set.

It can be solved by swapping the wheels over from one side to the other.

Of course other things like pressures and tracking can cause this problem but the majority are cured by the simple swap over. Now driving a rather smart looking Van

Post #341379 Wed Apr 25 2012 4:16pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

chris.p wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts.
Chrisp, sorry for using a similar username. Please if any admin around change my name to cprrs or something less meaningfull Smile
About Stratstone, I feel sorry I haven't properly read this forum before buying from them. I haven't had the car for a month yet and had to pay for the alternator belt and some labour changing suspension fluid as alternator failed.. £400
Warranty seems to be LR though. (Select Used, 1yr, 25k)

when you go back, ask them for some of that FLUID, as you need to top up your AIR SUSPENSION again Twisted Evil 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #341382 Wed Apr 25 2012 4:35pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

shakeapaw wrote:
when you go back, ask them for some of that FLUID, as you need to top up your AIR SUSPENSION again Twisted Evil

The suspension system does have hydraulics in it - there's a big reservoir with a yellow cap in front of the air filter box... Rolling Eyes 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #341390 Wed Apr 25 2012 5:19pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

really Shocked my p38 never had anything like that Arrow Confused 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #341391 Wed Apr 25 2012 5:20pm
cprrs

Good news, they agreed to refund my 400 pounds so far, however they don't want to agree the car is performing different with Censored tyres on and said it's LR approved to use any tyres as long as they are recommended size. Anyway I'm fed up with them so as soon as I get the 400 back will go get some new tyres. Sugestions welcomed! 20" rims.
Offtopic, does anyone know if alternator problem could have done anything to the DVD charger? It sees the disks but when I press Play says NO DISK.

I feel bad hyjacking chrisp username so please mods, change me into something small unheard of yet Smile

Post #341509 Thu Apr 26 2012 6:41pm
JOKER

United Kingdom 

You would be best PM'ing Martin to ask him to change your username Thumbs Up

Post #341513 Thu Apr 26 2012 7:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>