RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Need help on lettering "Range Rover"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

shingchi84

Hong Kong 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Need help on lettering "Range Rover"

I have recently had a new paint job on my RRS at the local garage. The paint job itself was good but now the Range Rover letters on the front hood are not lined up properly. I would like to redo them but I don't have the lettering template. Even if I do, I am not sure if that helps because I no longer know where the original positions of the letters are. Can somebody please help? Thank you very much in advance!

Post #338839 Thu Apr 05 2012 10:32am
Smallbucket

United States 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Orkney Grey
Re: Need help on lettering "Range Rover"

shingchi84 wrote:
I have recently had a new paint job on my RRS at the local garage. The paint job itself was good but now the Range Rover letters on the front hood are not lined up properly. I would like to redo them but I don't have the lettering template. Even if I do, I am not sure if that helps because I no longer know where the original positions of the letters are. Can somebody please help? Thank you very much in advance!

After a quick google search, I found several lettering kits available in the UK that include a template for refitting. Here's one example, but a little pricey since you don't need the actual letters (unless you wanted to go a different color instead of chrome).

http://www.powerfuluk.com/products/range-r...g-kit.html

Post #338841 Thu Apr 05 2012 11:10am
shingchi84

Thanks very much Smallbucket. That's the template I need, but 35GBP sounds very expensive indeed even with the letters included! I wonder if I could just download a template from somewhere, or even make my own, and save myself some $! lol~ Razz

Oh well... I have a grey RRS, any suggestions which color letters should I go for? Cheers!

Post #338851 Thu Apr 05 2012 1:14pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

to be honest, id take it back tot he paint shop and tell them you are not happy, and them to sort it out 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #338861 Thu Apr 05 2012 2:23pm
scott7

Scotland 

Buy a black letter kit, looks good, makes your car different and you'll get a template in the kit as well.

Post #338878 Thu Apr 05 2012 4:19pm
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

shakeapaw wrote:
to be honest, id take it back tot he paint shop and tell them you are not happy, and them to sort it out

+1 no brainer Confused MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #338898 Thu Apr 05 2012 11:29pm
shingchi84

JC1 wrote:
shakeapaw wrote:
to be honest, id take it back tot he paint shop and tell them you are not happy, and them to sort it out

+1 no brainer Confused

Honestly, I would rather DIY on trivial matters like this one. Well knowing the shop don't care and won't do a satisfying job anyway, I will save the time and petrol going there and have it done by myself. I always avoid going to a garage as there is always a risk of damaging my car one way or another. Last time they chipped my rims but they fixed it with no charge after I complained. The rim was fixed but it is no longer perfect. The paint job I just had was good but I cannot help to notice swirl marks on my car after they washed it for me. I don't know about you guys, but I simply love my RRS too much. Rolling Eyes

Post #338902 Fri Apr 06 2012 4:12am
shingchi84

scott7 wrote:
Buy a black letter kit, looks good, makes your car different and you'll get a template in the kit as well.

Thumbs Up

Post #338903 Fri Apr 06 2012 4:17am
scott7

Scotland 

shingchi84 wrote:
JC1 wrote:
shakeapaw wrote:

+1 no brainer Confused

Honestly, I would rather DIY on trivial matters like this one. Well knowing the shop don't care and won't do a satisfying job anyway, I will save the time and petrol going there and have it done by myself. I always avoid going to a garage as there is always a risk of damaging my car one way or another. Last time they chipped my rims but they fixed it with no charge after I complained. The rim was fixed but it is no longer perfect. The paint job I just had was good but I cannot help to notice swirl marks on my car after they washed it for me. I don't know about you guys, but I simply love my RRS too much. Rolling Eyes

Couldn't agree more, it's just a car to most "technicians".

Post #338909 Fri Apr 06 2012 8:08am
Beancounter_74

England 

I'd get the lettering kit and do it myself.
15 min job, max, surely Question

Although I do think my RRS is superb, it still is 'just' a car Whistle Laughing ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #338915 Fri Apr 06 2012 9:46am
scott7

Scotland 

Getting the old letters off is easy, getting the glue that gets left behind off can be a total nightmare, front especially if they've been on for years.

Post #338936 Fri Apr 06 2012 12:14pm
redrob

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

do you know someone else with a sport where you could take measurements and make your own template.
but black letters on grey does look nice the more you sweat in practice
the less you bleed in battle

Post #339099 Sat Apr 07 2012 10:01pm
Smallbucket

United States 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Orkney Grey

shingchi84 wrote:
Thanks very much Smallbucket. That's the template I need, but 35GBP sounds very expensive indeed even with the letters included! I wonder if I could just download a template from somewhere, or even make my own, and save myself some $! lol~ Razz

Oh well... I have a grey RRS, any suggestions which color letters should I go for? Cheers!

They just got a little cheaper on Ebay - search for item eBay Item No. 170790842927

Post #339104 Sat Apr 07 2012 10:16pm
shingchi84

redrob wrote:
do you know someone else with a sport where you could take measurements and make your own template.
but black letters on grey does look nice

That sounds like a good idea! That'd be one of my easter projects Mr. Green Thanks for the input!
Yeah I'm thinking about the black letters too, but I happened to read something on this forum saying the black letters paint come off over time... So I guess i better get them not too cheap?

Post #339125 Sun Apr 08 2012 5:02am
shingchi84

Quote:
They just got a little cheaper on Ebay - search for item eBay Item No. 170790842927

Cheers mate! The price is very reasonable! I shall contact the seller for the international shipment quotation! Thanks very much!! Will post some pics up soon as I fitted them!

Post #339126 Sun Apr 08 2012 5:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1