RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TDv8 Spec in FFRR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

shmoogle wrote:
The figures look good. Given the spec, LR will need to position it well to not kill SC sales....

Shmoogle, there are still plenty of folks out there, especially in the South East, who wouldn't be seen dead in a diesel powered car. Anyway I will stick my neck out here and say that if you are the sort of person that can afford to run a V8 S/C as a commuter wagon then you won't be interested in saving the small amount of fuel that driving a TDv8 in town is going to save you.
I would imagine it will make a magic tow car! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #35093 Wed May 24 2006 1:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
OK reading on a bit.....................
Top Speed is limited in the FFRR TDv8 to 124mph Crying or Very sad
Ouput is 272bhp on 472lb-ft torque (50 more than the S/C FFRR)
0-60 is 8secs
It has 3630cc capacity, 32 valves, twin turbos, 90 degree V (TDv6 is 60 degrees so it must be a totally new engine not a delevopement of TDv6!) Twin camshafts and is rated as one of the worlds quiestest and smoothest diesels.

Economy in the FFRR is 25.1 mpg and it has Terrain Response, and LROI reckon it will be the biggest selling RR by far....................

Form an orderly queue behind me for the RRS version please. Laughing

How much do I want one of those now...........As Mr Mourinho & Mr Abramovich would say........

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #35118 Wed May 24 2006 2:30pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
One thing it doesn't say is how low down it reaches the maximum torque - it will probably pretty low like it is in all LR diesels to help the offroad-ablity. There is also no mention of Dynamic pack being fitted to the FFRR.
The article says that the same engine will be going into the Jaguar XJ........... less weight, lower,sleeker................... that will be some car!

Tim, I believe that this engine was developed for two principle reasons.

1. Give Jag the diesel option they so desperately need for XJ/XK
2. Replace expensive and uncultured BM D in the RR

I really think RRS installation are just spin offs. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #35120 Wed May 24 2006 2:33pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I perhaps would have bought this 1st time round - if it had been available then. But, would cost me dearly to change now - and for no clear benefit Rolling Eyes 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #35125 Wed May 24 2006 2:38pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Also in Autocar, some of the other bits the TDv8 RR will get:
Prices to start c £55000 (gulp! cheapest RR now is £46k)
All versions will get the electronic locking rear diff, Brembo brakes and the electricnic parking brake..................... and they go on sale in November. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed May 24 2006 2:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #35126 Wed May 24 2006 2:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Autocar wrote:

There's not much wrong with the way the Range Rover looks, so it's not surprising that Land Rover has hardly changed the big 4x4's exterior. It's what's under the bonnet that really counts. The 2007 model-year Range Rover will now available with a new V8 turbodiesel that massively improves the car's 0-60mph time.

A development of the 2.7-litre TDV6 used in the Discovery, the V8's 272bhp and 472lb ft means it significantly outperforms the outgoing BMW-sourced 3.0-litre diesel. Land Rover claims a 0-60mph time of 8.5sec, down from 12.7sec, a top speed of 124mph and a 50-70mph time that's better by 40 per cent. Quoted fuel economy stays much the same, at 25.1mpg.

The V8 has been designed to work off road; in order to keep the oil flowing to the turbos at extreme angles, Land Rover has developed a vacuum lubrication system. And it has added the five-mode Terrain Response system from the Discovery as standard on all Range Rovers, along with the Supercharged's electronic rear differential. The TDV8 also gets the Supercharged's Brembo brakes.

Inside, the changes are less dramatic than expected, with a new dash that retains the trademark vertical wooden spars. The handbrake is now electric, operated by a button on the centre console.

Prices for the facelifted car look set to start at about £55k, but you're going to have to wait for the TDV8, as it doesn't go on sale until November.
 Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #35127 Wed May 24 2006 2:39pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Martin wrote:
Autocar wrote:

There's not much wrong with the way the Range Rover looks, so it's not surprising that Land Rover has hardly changed the big 4x4's exterior. It's what's under the bonnet that really counts. The 2007 model-year Range Rover will now available with a new V8 turbodiesel that massively improves the car's 0-60mph time.

A development of the 2.7-litre TDV6 used in the Discovery, the V8's 272bhp and 472lb ft means it significantly outperforms the outgoing BMW-sourced 3.0-litre diesel. Land Rover claims a 0-60mph time of 8.5sec, down from 12.7sec, a top speed of 124mph and a 50-70mph time that's better by 40 per cent. Quoted fuel economy stays much the same, at 25.1mpg.

The V8 has been designed to work off road; in order to keep the oil flowing to the turbos at extreme angles, Land Rover has developed a vacuum lubrication system. And it has added the five-mode Terrain Response system from the Discovery as standard on all Range Rovers, along with the Supercharged's electronic rear differential. The TDV8 also gets the Supercharged's Brembo brakes.

Inside, the changes are less dramatic than expected, with a new dash that retains the trademark vertical wooden spars. The handbrake is now electric, operated by a button on the centre console.

Prices for the facelifted car look set to start at about £55k, but you're going to have to wait for the TDV8, as it doesn't go on sale until November.

Thanks Boss! Thumbs Up
(No p Censored s taking here!) Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #35130 Wed May 24 2006 2:41pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

I personally wont ever move over to diesel they smell, plus you can't wheel spin a diesel!!!!!!! enough said I will go back into my box now. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #35417 Thu May 25 2006 9:02am
Slimer

United Kingdom 

There speaks a man living in the dark that obviously has never driven a modern diesel Rolling Eyes

Nice article on the revised FFRR and TDV8 here 

Post #35418 Thu May 25 2006 9:06am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

A lot of thumping low down torque in a TDV8 Misery. I think if you can wheel spin a S/C, you could spin a TDV8? Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #35419 Thu May 25 2006 9:08am
Misery

United Kingdom 

Oh yes I have I have driven a few LR Disco and Freelanders when mine has gone in for a service, I am sorry but I just can't seem to get excited about them. If the main reason for owning one is fuel comsumption don't buy a Land Rover buy a Nissan Micra

A friend has a BMW diesel and that ok but there is still a diiference. I know I sound a bit of a Censored but LR's have never been good on fuel consumption. Can you get excited by the sound of a diesel or a throbbing V8????????.

I wont say anymore more just incase you all stop talking to me.

Post #35420 Thu May 25 2006 9:17am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Misery, apparantly the TDV8 sounds as good as a petrol V8.

Sounds hard to believe and I can't wait to hear it in action but that is what the early rumours are saying! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #35423 Thu May 25 2006 9:21am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the link SLIMER - this was good reading Thumbs Up 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #35546 Thu May 25 2006 5:00pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

[quote="Tim in Scotland"]OK reading on a bit.....................
Ouput is 272bhp on 472lb-ft torque (50 more than the S/C FFRR)
[quote]

Tim, you mean Torque figures right? Not BHP.

BHP in the 4.2 SC engine is about 390, as opposed to the 272 you quoted here. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #35559 Thu May 25 2006 5:50pm
wsy679

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Stornoway Grey
TDV8

Range Rover takes Ford’s new V8 engine
31 May 2006

THE Range Rover has become the first model to be powered by Ford’s new twin-turbocharged 3.6-litre V8 diesel engine.

Offering 272bhp and a mountainous 472lb-ft of torque – more than a Ferrari 599 – the new Range Rover TDV8 is 54% more powerful than the TDV6 unit it replaces. As well as offering increased performance – the 0-62mph time is cut by four seconds to 9.2 seconds – the new V8 has the same fuel economy as the old engine at 25.1mpg combined.

Range Rover also claims significant gains in refinement, with noise levels in the cabin reduced by 75%. It also claims improved braking and handling.

As with the rest of the 2007 model year range, the TDV8 gains better interior storage space, a redesigned centre console, electronic parking brake and improved switchgear and stereo.

The range goes on sale later this year, with prices ranging from the mid-£50,000s to the mid-£60,000s. RRS HST Supercharged/ Stornoway Grey/Ivory/Piano Black/Sun Roof/Trackstar

RR Evoque 2.0 SI4 Dynamic Coupe
Orkney Grey

Post #36493 Wed May 31 2006 12:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12