RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Dynamic Response
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Dynamic Response

I'm so bummed out Crying or Very sad Dealer just called to say it was too late to modify my order and add the Dynamic Response pack (DR, 20" wheels and adaptive bi-xenons).

Should I just go ahead and upgrade the wheels when the car gets in or will I regret the move from 19" to 20"? Some of you have said it degrades the ride comfort.

Bonus bigger than expected...might still go for the 20" wheels, keep the 19" wheels for winter. Sometimes the need to buy new toys is overwhelming Java Black 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #34905 Wed May 24 2006 7:58am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

SuperT the man for this one RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #34906 Wed May 24 2006 8:08am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Singletrack, my first suggestion would be to really turn the screw on your dealer to try and get it fitted. They are notoriously lazy and it's quite often the hassle factor, not a LR factory timescale issue.

Secondly, I haven't driven a DP fitted car but the ride quality on my HSE has got noticably firmer, but not as firm as my 3 series Sport.

My original plan was to keep 19's for any off roading I may do at a later date but I just won't have the space to store them when we move so it's one or the other.

I THINK that it will be Stormers to stay because I love the look of it. I don't particularly like the std. 19's, and Stormers are not too bling.[/b] Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #34913 Wed May 24 2006 8:24am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I remember TB saying that you could modify my order 24 hours before your car is to be built RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #34919 Wed May 24 2006 8:36am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Singletrack

Get back onto your deaer immediately Evil or Very Mad Your car is not due for delivery until August - INSIST - INSIST - INSIST it can be done 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #34923 Wed May 24 2006 8:41am
Singletrack

Thanks for the input - I took it a step further and contacted someone I know at Premier Automotive in London - he checked my order number against the status at the factory and confirmed it was too late. Issue is that they are preparing to retool the line to accommodate the '07 changes. With regard to those changes...I have been sworn to secrecy until they are released to the dealer network.

I agree - ST - I love the Stormers also. What I'll likely do is get the Stormers and keep the 19" wheels and tyres for winter use (I do have space to store them). Dealer told me the ride is firmer with the 20's but road adhesion significantly better - however, they must come off for winter as they are useless on snow. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #34939 Wed May 24 2006 9:08am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Singletrack wrote:
Thanks for the input - I took it a step further and contacted someone I know at Premier Automotive in London - he checked my order number against the status at the factory and confirmed it was too late. Issue is that they are preparing to retool the line to accommodate the '07 changes. With regard to those changes...I have been sworn to secrecy until they are released to the dealer network.

I agree - ST - I love the Stormers also. What I'll likely do is get the Stormers and keep the 19" wheels and tyres for winter use (I do have space to store them). Dealer told me the ride is firmer with the 20's but road adhesion significantly better - however, they must come off for winter as they are useless on snow.

I know the Contis are road tyres but I'm sure someone on here has gone off road with theirs and they performed ok.

I know tyres are the only part of the car in contact with the road (Except VA's with panels hanging off! Wink ) but the 4wd system on RRS is probably the best there is Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #34943 Wed May 24 2006 9:13am
Singletrack

Found some Stormers on eBay mounted with Goodyear Eagle HP's - the deal is excellent compared to what my dealer wants - in fact, if I factor in the shipping cost from the UK to Belgium, the Stormers and tyres work out to 31% cheaper than what the dealer would charge me for 20" wheels based on a trade in of my 19" wheels. This way I save money and keep the 19's with tyres for winter use. You have to wonder sometimes how stupid auto dealers think their customers are...I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this boy Wink 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #35321 Wed May 24 2006 6:17pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Singletrack, PM me with the cost and I'll see if it beats the deal I got.

If not, then I can put you in touch with the guy I bought mine off. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #35374 Wed May 24 2006 7:37pm
Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Singletrack, one thing to be aware of is to be sure the wheels are TUV Germany or ISO certified and are load rated for at least 950Kgs as the RRS is a rather heavy beast. A couple of other things to make sure of before purchasing:
Wheel: STORMER
Size: 20X9.5
PCD: 5X120
Offset: 53

I had a look at some Stormers on eBay a month or so ago and the PCD and offset were different. (Wouldn't have fitted the RRS)

Cheers...Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #35397 Thu May 25 2006 3:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Singletrack

Compuway - thanks for the advice...this is what is listed for the wheels:

Rim Information
Metal Type: Aluminium
Rim Width: 9.5J
Rim Diameter: 20 inches
Offset: 53
Number of Studs: 5
Stud Diameter: 120
Rim Manufacturer: Dotz
Rim Structure: One Piece

All there it seems, except for the weight. If these are DOTZ - then they are TUV certified. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #35401 Thu May 25 2006 5:36am
Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

All looks good Singletrack. Good luck with them.

I am having my Stormer's fitted next week before I pick RRS up. Will post some pics then.

Cheers....Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #35526 Thu May 25 2006 2:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1