RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Tyres on backwards
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Tyres on backwards

As some of you may know my car was in for a wheel wobble and I picked it up tonight.
It's had new front discs and pads and a new tyre.
When I queried the tyre which has only been on a couple of months they said it had been fitted back to front and had a split just above the rim.
I had been in the Quick Fit last week to ask them to check the balance to see if that was causing the problem and they refused to check the 2 front tyres they had recently fitted and said just take it to LR!
Think they might just be getting a visit at 1 minute past 8 tomorrow morning.
Fortunately when Russ detailed it last week he had done a full set of pre's which clearly shows "interior" on the outside so it should be fun working out how much they are going to pay me in compensation Smile MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #337615 Fri Mar 23 2012 8:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Why on earth would you go to Kwik Fit when you could use a good independant tyre company.. Rolling Eyes

Post #337618 Fri Mar 23 2012 8:36pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sounds like they fit them that kwick they forgot to check which was the right way round Embarassed

Post #337619 Fri Mar 23 2012 8:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ChrisP

It's a lease car and they specify Quick Fit so I don't get a choice,when I got the last 2 they paid for 1 I paid for the other which is the one on backwards which was replaced today.
I will be asking them for the money I paid them for it. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #337633 Fri Mar 23 2012 10:10pm
ChrisP

Went down to see Kwik Fit this morning,not very helpful so will talk to my leasing company on Monday.
Any of our forum tyre experts help me out with some advice on how dangerous it is to have them on back to front? MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #337653 Sat Mar 24 2012 10:54am
airwolf222helicopters

United Kingdom 

Sounds like you have had a nightmare with them

to be honest I have a local KWICK FIT premier centre which to be honest are spot on they have the latest equipment ,and have pride in there work .

I just had the rr MOT there last week dealer wanted £67.99 I got it done at K F for £29.99 they mot bay was the most advanced in 30 miles .( fitted a month ago )

The tester was spot on it took an hour and I could watch from viewing area they had special print out from vosa co-inciding with my make and model for detailed checks Thumbs Up

So it all boils down to the staff who work there and the manager of the branch .

you most probally had a spotty lout with an AHD ON REDBULL ! do it in a dodgy branch , but then again I have had worse treatement at a local LR dealer service Dep .with the brake pad change ( trainee at lr ) so now i do them myself !!!

by the way im not flying the flag for K F BUT CREDIT WHERE DUE

hope you get it sorted mate Thumbs Up

Post #337656 Sat Mar 24 2012 11:10am
ChrisP

Fortunately Russ had taken this before shot before he did the Detail so I can prove the tyre is on backwards and no damage to either the tyre or wheel before it went into LR and the Service Manager is prepared to support this having been shown the wheel before the techs started work.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #337670 Sat Mar 24 2012 1:17pm
babylin

That's good! They should have pay you more.
Or you can demand on them for more. LOL! Laughing

Post #337886 Mon Mar 26 2012 6:18pm
ChrisP

I rang Customer Services today to discuss the matter having had some advice on how dangerous it was and illegal but they wouldn't discuss it.
Sent another e-mail to let them know I have escalated it to a formal complaint through Lex so they have a record on file. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #337893 Mon Mar 26 2012 6:52pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Send them another email and ask them if they want to discuss it with auto express because thats your next port of call Thumbs Up

Post #337914 Mon Mar 26 2012 8:45pm
ChrisP

You can't get fitter than a Qwik Fit Fitter

Ady,
Now sent them another e-mail as their Area Manager has rung me today and stated that my claim is hypothetical and therefore they won't be compensating me as I didn't actually crash or get stopped by the police and fined,you couldn't make it up.
He claims that having it on back to front wasn't dangerous and as they have now replaced the tyre through Lex they shouldn't have to pay me the £246 I personnally paid them for it in November !
The best comment he came out with was that people like me who run huge expensive 4X4's should expect to have a few unexpected large bills now and again Rolling with laughter
Hopefully Lex's Customer Service Team will encourage a more customer focussed response higher up the Qwik Fit food chain. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Last edited by ChrisP on Wed Mar 28 2012 4:16pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #338022 Tue Mar 27 2012 4:26pm
Beancounter_74

England 

That is hilarious Rolling with laughter
Clearly the guy you spoke to should not be customer facing Shocked ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #338023 Tue Mar 27 2012 4:36pm
ChrisP

Gentlemen,
I'm sure you will be please to hear that common sense has prevailed and the Regional Director has authorised them to make me a generous offer in full and final settlement which I have graciously accepted. Thumbs Up MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #338094 Wed Mar 28 2012 4:13pm
Beancounter_74

England 

A common sense outcome Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #338095 Wed Mar 28 2012 4:15pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

ChrisP wrote:
Gentlemen,
I'm sure you will be please to hear that common sense has prevailed and the Regional Director has authorised them to make me a generous offer in full and final settlement which I have graciously accepted. Thumbs Up

Wow! Just read this thread! What an idiot! Did you report him to the Director who approved your settlement?

Was the settlement just the price of the tyre or a little sweetener as well?

Post #338098 Wed Mar 28 2012 4:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>