RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Engine System Fault---- limp mode.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MarkInnes

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zambezi Silver
Engine System Fault---- limp mode.

Well that was a bit sooner than expected, only had the RRS TDV8 for 7 days now and I've just had the ESF come on and go into limp mode. Popped into Macrae and Dick Landrover in Inverness on my way home to pick the brains of a technician to see if they would have any idea? The young tech I spoke with said he would bet money on my nearside turbo actuator being seized and not able to satisfy the engine management going through its checks on start up hence the limp mode. According to him it's a very common fault and when vehicles sit for any length of time the actuator linkages can get a bit tight.
When I got home I popped it up on the ramps, removed the underbody protection plates and got my son to operate the ignition while I watched both turbo actuators function. The offside actuator worked smoothly throughout its stroke but the nearside just as the tech had said was very hesitant and juddery. I have managed to free it off and have it all lubed up now and the beast is going like a dream, I'd even say its better than before, it must have been sticky for a while. I hope all my repairs are as simple and cheap to fix!. There's a case of beer heading the techs way tomorrow. I think he is going to become a very good friend of mine? Bow down My evolution so far:
TDV8 RRS
Td5 Disco
Tdi 200 Disco
Suzuki SJ413

Post #333215 Mon Feb 20 2012 9:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alive Tuning

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

We had a TDV8 in a couple of weeks ago, that was doing this. Quick squirt of silicone spray lube onto the ball joints of the actuator rod, and it was fixed. Its a swine to get to though!!! Shocked Feel the difference... Feel Alive!

Member of the "Causeway Grey MY14 RRS SDV6 HSE Dynamic" Owners Club.

Like Alive on Facebook...

[b]In house MAHA LPS3000 4 wheel drive Rolling Road.

Post #334530 Wed Feb 29 2012 6:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1