RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Waiting in reception for my new exhaust system to be fitted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

sherlock

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Waiting in reception for my new exhaust system to be fitted

Waiting in reception for my new exhaust system to be fitted by Pipe Werx in Lancashire and following my earlier post have opted to keep the CAT but remove the main silencer box and continue with new 2 x 2.5 inch pipes all the way from the cat to the rear. At the rear I have had the 2 silencers removed and 2 x bullet boxes fabricated and fitted in 3 inch piping with exhaust wadding and a mesh internal membrane and all finished off nicely with 2 polished round large bore tail pipes. Can't wait to drive it.

The guys here have been brilliant and in order to set a baseline from which to discuss and agree what sound I wanted, ( not in your face for me and the wife Big Cry ), i drove the RRS for a short bit with nothing but the exhaust manifolds and CAT fitted. TBH I nearly came back to the garage and said thanks now where do I pay as it was awesome if not a bit 'Mike Tyson' like.

So hopefully now I have a subtle V8 roar at tick over and motorway cruising speed that then builds beautifully and powerfully when under acceleration Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

I will add another post later today with photos and a drive report.

And oh yes I nearlly forgot, all this tailored engineering with top grade stainless steel hand forged/fabricated craftsmanship at only £300 fitted.

Got to be the best bargain of the year gents!!! TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx
20" HST alloys, Privacy glass, Side steps, Xenon Adaptive Lighting, Adaptive cruise control

Post #330819 Fri Feb 03 2012 3:17pm
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Ask them how much to copy yours and ship ! RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #330822 Fri Feb 03 2012 3:32pm
sherlock

Didn't see you post till I got home sorry mate. It might not be that easy for you to simply fit unless you are handy with a grinder and mig welder as they took some donor pipe from the existing 2.5 inch and adapted the mid section. I will post their phone number though.

Just got home and f**king hell what a sound and what a change to the pickup and acceleration with in effect a straight through system from the cat. TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx
20" HST alloys, Privacy glass, Side steps, Xenon Adaptive Lighting, Adaptive cruise control

Post #330834 Fri Feb 03 2012 5:23pm
awd man

turbo spool up will be greatly impoved Thumbs Up RRS gone

Post #330836 Fri Feb 03 2012 5:38pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

this sounds very tempting Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #330931 Fri Feb 03 2012 10:47pm
Ballsy

Sounds like your very pleased Very Happy
It's always good when you get what you paid for, altho just imagine how much better it would be without the cats Wink

Post #330944 Sat Feb 04 2012 12:19am
sherlock

I know but without the cats there are 2 Problems. Firstly problems come th MOT with 2012 regulations and to be honest the boOm off the exhaust would be too much. I will try and get a video in the morning so you can hear the sound , the performance you will have to take my word Thumbs Up TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx

Post #330951 Sat Feb 04 2012 2:02am
awd man

Have you got a free flowing air filter panel Sherlock?

K and n or similar, with the free flowing system this would really give a noticeable benefit. RRS gone

Post #330981 Sat Feb 04 2012 8:58am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

sherlock wrote:

Just got home and f**king hell what a sound and what a change to the pickup and acceleration with in effect a straight through system from the cat.

I'd always thought the cat was the major restriction in the system,so can't see how making part of the system downstream less restrictive is going to make an overall change to the whole system?

Amazing price compared to what others are asking Thumbs Up

Post #330985 Sat Feb 04 2012 10:23am
awd man

I've always ran "cat back" systems on my subaru's and there is still quite an advantage to it without going full decat (and all the mot issues that come with a DC) Typically +40 bhp and 80lbs with a re-map to suit.. but the major gain is when it all happens, with max torque a good 1k lower in the rev range.

For optimum gains I'd take it back to pete at Bell auto's to tweek the map to suit the new breathing Sherlock.... remember Pete has mapped to the oem exhaust so there is still quite a bit more in the tank if you want Wink RRS gone

Post #330990 Sat Feb 04 2012 10:31am
sherlock

Guys

Please give Jeff a call on 01704 897778 at Pipe Werx. It would be worth having a chat with him re copying my set up and sending down to you.

Funny when you mention the Subaru as we have a similar car history, had a few but my favourites were the P1 and the UK STi Prodrive with adjustable struts and and obligatory new Panel filter and/or induction kit Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

PS we've got snow here and I wondering if I should go out and play Very Happy Very Happy TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx

Post #331010 Sat Feb 04 2012 3:22pm
sherlock

Here is a system Pipe Werx are workingon for a Race care s you can see their quality. I chose to go for a modification of my system to keep the cost dwn a little eg I kept 60% of my 2.5 inch pipe work as that gauge of pipe attached the new additions.

Click image to enlarge

This photo shows the new tail pipes which are chamfer finished with internal mesh, it just seemed to suit the rear end better than the more Boy Racer styles. You can also see the bullet box fabricated to replace the existing rear silencers. These are the only silencers on the system now (apart from cat), and are made from 3 inch Pipework and enclose wadding and mesh. They just take the edge off the bark now and assist when at cruising speeds to stop the head aches.

Click image to enlarge

Adaptation of existing stainless Pipework onto new pieces.

Click image to enlarge

This photo shows the great quality of the mig welding

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx

Post #331020 Sat Feb 04 2012 4:27pm
awd man

Two uk sti's, one new age and one hatch.

Both re mapped with cat back systems.

Snowing here too now, mrs has put the bmw's keys in the drawer already and is taking the range out RRS gone

Post #331021 Sat Feb 04 2012 4:30pm
sherlock

awd man wrote:
Two uk sti's, one new age and one hatch.

Both re mapped with cat back systems.

Snowing here too now, mrs has put the bmw's keys in the drawer already and is taking the range out

Lol lol. Thumbs Up TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx

Post #331022 Sat Feb 04 2012 4:37pm
sherlock

sherlock wrote:
Here is a system Pipe Werx are workingon for a Race care s you can see their quality. I chose to go for a modification of my system to keep the cost dwn a little eg I kept 60% of my 2.5 inch pipe work as that gauge of pipe attached the new additions.

Click image to enlarge

This photo shows the new tail pipes which are chamfer finished with internal mesh, it just seemed to suit the rear end better than the more Boy Racer styles. You can also see the bullet box fabricated to replace the existing rear silencers. These are the only silencers on the system now (apart from cat), and are made from 3 inch Pipework and enclose wadding and mesh. They just take the edge off the bark now and assist when at cruising speeds to stop the head aches.

Click image to enlarge

Adaptation of existing stainless Pipework onto new pieces.

Click image to enlarge

This photo shows the great quality of the mig welding

Click image to enlarge

I dont have any photos Of the underside Pipework removed silencer box.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx

Post #331024 Sat Feb 04 2012 4:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>