Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > scamming ratstones of cardiff
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bear100

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Nara Bronze
scamming ratstones of cardiff

Cheeky taffing ratstones

rrs in last week for a few warranty calls, was told i needed a new gear box Shocked thought oh well its under warranty,
the rear window that was leaking is now leaking worse after they fixed it!

booked back in for tomorrow for the 5 hour job and had a phone call today asking for £15 fee for courtesy car Shocked i said i am not paying for a courtesy car and never will if its under warranty, so i told them to cancel the job and i will have the work done at another dealer, phone call back after 2 mins and was told that land rover uk have now changed there mind and wavering the cost to warranty customers, sounds like a scam to me Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
i then questioned the 5 hour turn around and was told 5 days not 5 hours Shocked , and as the parts are out of stock it could be longer Banging Head Banging Head so i politely told them to call me when part are in (especially if we are expecting snow this weekend don't want to stuck in a focus Big Cry Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 MY2010
Discovery 3 HSE 2007
Discovery 2 TD5 (gone)
Discovery 300 tdi
Range Rover Bobtail (gone)
90 hybrid (gone)

Post #330701 Thu Feb 02 2012 9:49pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Censored are SO BAD it isn't funny

the Newport branch is even worse Censored ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #330730 Thu Feb 02 2012 11:40pm
Tail End Charlie

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You'd rather trust Dai Bando under the arches before you went near Crapstones.....luckily I commute to Bristol and I take my car to Guy Salmon's. Never had any problems with them and there is always a RRS A/B waiting for me as a free replacement car.

In fact, it's in there now.....we're expecting some snow this weekend and I have a courtesy car....talk about serendipity Whistle

Post #330746 Fri Feb 03 2012 1:08am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Was asked for a similar fee for a courtesy car by Hartwells near Oxford.

At least it was a new Freelander.

He wasn't overly impressed by my response of "nothing special, fairly uncomfortable to drive, wouldn't buy one" when he asked what I thought of the FL. Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #330750 Fri Feb 03 2012 1:43am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

A Focus?! WTF.

Warranty work and with the impending snowfest over the next 7 days or so - demand a like for like. Cheeky Barstewards. You didnt pay out for a thoroughbred 4x4 to be driving round in a poxy Dagenham dustbin ~(if they are of course still made there? Whistle ), throw ALL toys out of pram and get a Land Rover. No discussions. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #330753 Fri Feb 03 2012 1:45am
rm0rgan

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Was asked for a similar fee for a courtesy car by Hartwells near Oxford.

At least it was a new Freelander.

He wasn't overly impressed by my response of "nothing special, fairly uncomfortable to drive, wouldn't buy one" when he asked what I thought of the FL. Rolling with laughter

I always find it odd when a dealer gives you a lower level car than one you have - Like you are going to say 'its miles better than the RRS, I'll take 2!'.

I've been asked before for the £15 insurance for a courtesy car - I tell them to forget it and come and collect it from my office and return it there after (as this normally costs them more than £15!) Thumbs Up Wife's Car: BLACK RRS TDV8 HSE with all the bits Smile
My Car: Lotus Exige S2 PP & TP Smile)

Post #331135 Sun Feb 05 2012 1:13pm
Valjean

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Same issue with stratstones in swansea - for a premium brand you don't get a great service and I always relunctantly book my car in for a service - never let them wash or valet, as they take it off site and it comes back dirty anyway!

Last time my car went in, they knew what needed to be done and still didn't have the parts.

Interestingly I've never had a customer service form to complete or had a follow up email or phone call!

If only LPR had a place in Wales!! CURRENT: 3.0TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey, Privacy Glass, Rear DVDs, Extended Leather

Post #331359 Mon Feb 06 2012 8:58pm
chrisrrs59

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Hi mate my brother in law is a master technician for stratstone in Newport what area you in he's cheap for servicing and u get all the dealer work done for fraction. Of price RRS 2010 model in Bali blue
Hse Spec with rear camera side steps
tinted windows

Audi A4 2008 Red with 19 inch wheels chrome mirrors tinted windows

Post #331365 Mon Feb 06 2012 10:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bear100

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Nara Bronze

cheers for the reply's Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

You pay all that money for a premium brand and get the same treatment or worse as you would expect from a back street dealer!! Shocked

took it in monday and had phone call today it will be ready for collection tomorrow Very Happy i ended up with a freelander which in all fairness was ok...ish...sort of.....well not quite a rrs anyway but better than a dagenham dustbin Rolling with laughter cheers for that one will_wonker Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

chris i live in merthyr mate, would love to know bro in law Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 MY2010
Discovery 3 HSE 2007
Discovery 2 TD5 (gone)
Discovery 300 tdi
Range Rover Bobtail (gone)
90 hybrid (gone)

Post #331515 Tue Feb 07 2012 7:49pm
chrisrrs59

Well he's from new tredgar his name is Scott 07815134383 give him a ring if you need anything for the car tell him I give him your number RRS 2010 model in Bali blue
tinted windows

Post #331532 Tue Feb 07 2012 8:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rrsboy

Newport sh i t stones is particularly bad. I have it on great authority that they get told to find 'extra work' that needs doing depending on how quiet a month the sales department has had

Censored Censored Censored ============
============

Post #331572 Wed Feb 08 2012 12:29am
The Kergan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Nara Bronze

Tail End Charlie wrote:
You'd rather trust Dai Bando under the arches before you went near Crapstones.....luckily I commute to Bristol and I take my car to Guy Salmon's. Never had any problems with them and there is always a RRS A/B waiting for me as a free replacement car.

In fact, it's in there now.....we're expecting some snow this weekend and I have a courtesy car....talk about serendipity Whistle

I wouldn't let Salmons in bristol service a lawn mower let alone my RRS. I bought mine from them and had all sorts of bother, including the brakes locking up in the middle lane of the M4. Once recovered to another dealer I was told the brakes were not fitted properly. 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #331588 Wed Feb 08 2012 9:58am
chrisrrs59

rrsboy wrote:
Newport sh i t stones is particularly bad. I have it on great authority that they get told to find 'extra work' that needs doing depending on how quiet a month the sales department has had

Censored Censored Censored

Every dealer the same you will always pay ova the odds where ever you go RRS 2010 model in Bali blue
tinted windows

Post #331603 Wed Feb 08 2012 11:15am
rrsboy

not true. Dealer "ethics" vary massively. You see it in every thing they do - take LPR for example. The attention to detail and customer-focussed attitude is the exact opposite of what you get at any Stratstones, where it's almost like you are bothering them when stuff needs doing!

It comes from the top and trickles down through a whole organisation, not just car dealerships. ============
============

Post #331617 Wed Feb 08 2012 12:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1